PDA

View Full Version : Could use some advice

SandeVBL
12-08-2014, 06:41 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2014/1734759-0_PeruComposite_sm.jpg
I still haven't done anything with this set of 6 scratchboards (5x7 each). I'm trying to decide whether to frame each on individually or mount them all on one board in the positions shown and then frame that in a float frame.
1. I don't know which would be more saleable. I need some sales!
2. I have never done this kind of mounting yet even on one picture, let alone 6 at once.
3. I would have to charge a lot more for the 6 image one than selling them individually.
4. I'd kind of like for them to stay together as a set, but I could offer this as a poster pretty much as shown.
5. I have the chance at a show in a local art gallery and need a few larger pieces to show - this could be one.
So...any insights on this dilemna? Any thoughts are welcome.

ggart4u
12-08-2014, 08:34 PM
I'd frame them all with a simple, black frame so that they could be hung as a set or you could sell them apart. I like the idea of a single print, but I also like the idea of prints where the patron(s) can choose how many they want. It's also more cost effective.

SandeVBL
12-09-2014, 08:35 AM
Thanks, Ginger. It would surely be easier that way!

Crias
12-09-2014, 07:21 PM
I agree that framing them in the same frame, but so they could be purchased as either a set or individually is more likely to lead to a sale than trying to frame and sell them all together, though I bet they would look great that way too!

SandeVBL
12-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Thanks, Cathy. With you and Ginger agreeing, I'll do it that way.