PDA

View Full Version : Sperm Ball

sassybird
07-01-2001, 03:32 AM
This is a stiffened, hand sewn burlap with these seed pods that look like sperm, hence the name. Each one of these seed pods is hand sewn onto the ball

llis
07-05-2001, 08:49 AM
Wow Sass, this is a lot of work, I am sure. I've always been a big fan of natural things and I can see where this would fit right into lots of places in my house.

I think it would look great as a wall sculpture as well as an addition to a still life set up on a table. Maybe a piece of pottery, a birds nest, your soft sculpture, some feathers, egg shells, and some marbles.....

Now, I know you are wondering about the marbles.... Don't really know why I think that would be the thing... Maybe just the contrast between all natural and something man made that reminds me of playing outside and the fun we always had collecting things like feathers and bird nests and the burlap sacks in the barn.

Thanks for making me think of fun times.

sassybird
07-07-2001, 01:35 PM
llis,

This piece took about 2 weeks to complete, working on it for hours every night. Marbles, eh? I hadn't thought about that. Might be interesting. ;)

Burlap sacks......lol That is what this was made from, a potato sack.

Leaflin
07-09-2001, 09:24 PM
Sass
It looks like you had a great time making this.
I collect all sorts of odds and ends from nature for art I am going to create 'later'.
Your posts here have inspired me.
Maybe my later is near :)
What type of plant are the seed pods from?