PDA

View Full Version : Scratchy Corner - November 2014

Crias
11-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Yikes almost half way into the month and no new Scratch Corner!

I hope everyone is having a good fall! I have been busy with a Christmas Commision and finishing up some other small project.

We got our first snow of the winter over the past few days with a drastic temperature drop from a comfortable 70 degrees (22 C) a few days ago to a chilly 5 degrees (-15 C) today.

I will be headed to Tucson again in a few weeks to attend a Settlers West show.

ggart4u
11-14-2014, 08:04 AM
Good luck Cathy at the show!

I don't have any Christmas commissions this year. I really have not tried because I am trying to finish a piece for next year - and am having lots of company for the holidays. Wish it were our kids, but I'll be happy for those who are coming. Funny, they are cousins from Utah and Germany. Ones we haven't seen in about 20 years!

I am going to decorate our home to the max! (I've been a bit of a Scrooge these last few years).

I did get a wonderful surprise in the mail. I was notified that I had won a "Judges Choice" award at the International Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital Art Ability Exhibition in Pennsylvania. It's a huge show. I hope some of my pieces sell - not just because that would be wonderful, but the commissions go to help patients with their rehab costs. I am always grateful for the years worth of rehab I have had in the past by caring and wonderful people. I wouldn't be able to do art without them.

Foxyheart2002
11-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Congratulations, Ginger!

Anyone who has seen me/been around me the past year or so knows I have bad knees. Went to the orthopedic surgeon today and we went over my xrays. Just as I 'felt', my knees are bone on bone and I will be having 2 full knee replacements in February.......*sigh*

Snow Dance
11-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Oh my, Sue, best of luck with the surgery!

Becky

Foxyheart2002
11-20-2014, 11:53 PM
Thanks so much, Becky.

PaintDog
11-22-2014, 02:18 AM
I know surgery is scary, but you'll be glad when your knees aren't killing you all the time! Best wishes!

ggart4u
11-22-2014, 07:42 AM
Sue, all the best to be well on the other side of it all.

Foxyheart2002
11-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks, Ann and Ginger. I have already resigned myself to it, so need for it to just get here. Maybe next year I can walk the Draft Horse Classic with you again, Ann, and do the whole thing. ;)

Crias
11-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Good luck with the surgery Sue. Hope it makes a big difference on your comfort level.

Congrats to you Ginger.

I didn't sell anything at Settlers West :(, but did sell a clayboard of a cactus wren to the Sonora-Desert Museum. Most of you probably saw the Cactus Wren on Facebook. I think I will be doing more clayboards soon.

I can't believe December is upon us! I hope all
My US friends had a good Thanksgiving!

Rodman
12-02-2014, 09:03 AM
I don't post here often. But thought I'd toss this out there. I'm headed from Indiana to Virginia, if anyone wants to meet up and talk shop or even do a Clayboard together. I'm headed East, today. Call or text me..... 317-385-2374