PDA

View Full Version : TL holiday set

Nick7
11-09-2014, 09:58 AM
http://terryludwig.com/product/holiday-gift-set-2014/

UART 9×12 10 sheet pack would cost 12 dollars instead of 24

I am afraid that won't make me place my order and pay for overseas shipping. What about free shipping for international orders? :D

Happy shopping :)

AnnaLisa
11-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Yeah Nick7 I saw this on their page.

I also looked on other sites that proclaimed free shipping. So I thought that they could make the free shipping to the Airport within the country, at least..but no no

robertsloan2
11-10-2014, 12:10 AM
I saw this in an email and planned to get it in December, since it runs till December 31st. It's a good deal, I'm in the continental USA and I do not own a hat for plein air painting. One of the reasons is that in three years since I moved here, I did not have the will power to prioritize getting a hat over art supplies. Not even once. Someone had to throw it in with a bunch of pastels for me to get around to doing it - yet once I have it, I know I'll wear it a lot.

Totally silly, but then I only get out of the house once every two weeks and then only spend at most an hour or two outdoors. Meanwhile the pastels are always right in reach tempting me to paint more. So maybe that's why the procrastination, getting a hat would not suddenly give me the body energy to run out and paint outdoors all afternoon the day it arrives.

Unless it does, who knows? I'll find out when I get it. A couple of recent purchases turned out to be big positive surprises in what they did for my painting more often!

But a big sale isn't a bargain if the shipping runs higher than the cost of gettting it into your country. Some US suppliers have prices so low that it may be cost effective on some products - especially light weight compact ones - but even then it's going to be costly. It's too bad some Blick-like business doesn't spawn in Europe and get hold of the same distributors, run the free shipping thing for y'all there.

Nick7
11-10-2014, 05:33 AM
I believe there are big online shops here. I am not sure they are as big as blick.com though. I wish TL would be willing to deliver to them.

Nick7
11-10-2014, 05:35 AM
And I admit I didn't realize the importance of a hat :) I thought it was just TL's promotion,...

AnnaLisa
11-10-2014, 07:43 AM
I saw for instance a big sale 25% in Dickblick site, but when I looked closer, it was not on the everydaysale price. So counted on the listprice it would be 100$ in rebate for a whole tl set.
But then on the other hand the freight would be higher in price perhaps because they dont send the parcel from everywhere, so the distance would be longer than order from someone closer, I mean in the right direction within the Us.

Small decisions everyday can make a huge difference. So the hat can make a difference:) Someone said that it takes 3 weeks to form a habbit. Hmmm
what can I change to not look at pastels online soooo much? Haha, well
when I have decided what pastels to buy,then I can relax and start to paint.

Wouldn´t it be nice to have a Dickblick in Europe? Wow, I would maybee travel to them and would want to buy a lot. Hmm that would not be good for the economy on the other hand...:) But it would be nice

robertsloan2
11-10-2014, 09:17 AM
It does take three weeks to form a habit. It can start forming faster if it's one that's self reinforcing, either good or bad. That's the point it gets to be routine. I just have trouble doing so because any weather change can completely reset my routine. So I wind up keeping the habits that work out well regardless of how sick I am.

Oh, don't stop window shopping pastels. Just pace it. Look forward to it and shuffle what's on the wish list, set a budget and stick to it. That was the solution for me and over spending. Look at what I have and work a bit of spending money in even if it's tight, so that I don't go crazy and overdo it. Even if I do, I'm only likely to push a little past it rather than say, spend all the grocery money on the first of the month on pastels. It's an optimistic kind of planning and some inspirational entertainment. Just looking at the colors makes me want to paint. Seeing the ones I have online makes me want to get them out and use them again too.

Then if you really want something, cut into any bad habits you want to get rid of, like junk food, and all the pastel staring serves a good purpose. Save up for the bigger goodies if they're not in budget. It helped me to split savings into actual long term savings and saving up for something.

Nick7
11-10-2014, 11:33 AM
:) I can tame my want to buy pastels. But I have more problems with books about painting...

What is so appealing on DickBlick for you? The number of brands? The way the website looks? Or something else? :) Window shopping is fun :)

AnnaLisa
11-10-2014, 02:08 PM
It would be easier to buy the brands we dont have here.
And it would go faaaaster.

Nick7
11-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately, TL doesn't sell to European shops. And he is probably not the only one.
But I like to browse DickBlick shop too :)

It's interesting to see how European brands are much more expensive in the US and vice versa.

AnnaLisa
11-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Its good that we have some nice brands here, like Unison, Girault, Rembrandt, Faber Castell, Conté, Cretacolour :)

I like Unison and it was so cheap in Europe, now they increased the price but anyhow its not expensive. And now we have BE also, forgot that.
But that is not enough, they have some nice pastels in USA:lol:

AnnaLisa
11-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Books are nice too. I bought some.
But Magazines, I have to stay away from the Magazine shop....It costs so much every time I entered there...art Magazines!!

Nick7
11-10-2014, 05:31 PM
:lol::lol::lol: Happy shopping! And tell us what you will buy :clap: So that we can be tempted :lol:

AnnaLisa
11-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Robert, its good to hear that you have good habits that works for you in spite
of the times you feel not good. Well done.

Haha no its not good to buy junk food, and not for all the grocery Money on the first....eating pancakes all the month.

Hehe Nick7 thank you I will show later what I will buy:)