PDA

View Full Version : Flump

Dizzydogs
11-08-2014, 10:13 AM
I haven't beenon here for ages and never on here as I usually work in pastel or water colour however the my wonderful mentor Julian Wheat AKA Fruitcake persuaded me to se acrylics and with his guidance I have created this.....Flump...a friends dog

He has also persuaded me to put in on here....so here goes..critiques welcome..but please be tactful

Approx 18 x 18 cm

dceska93
11-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Wonderful job on this! Great colors throughout, I love the expression on the face, and fantastic job on depth perception! Very nicely done!!!

asmith38
11-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Wow! Love it! I just want to wrap my arms around his big cuddly head :)! Well done!

Charlie's Mum
11-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the forum - and to acrylics generally.:)
Individual parts are well painted, expression is good too.

I think you could look closer at -
The direction of the fur/hair from the centre of his snout - does it move up towards the eyes or should it start to move downwards and away from the centre parting - more towards side and nose/front.
Check that the nose is central - the cleft in his nose should lie up with the centre line of the snout. The nose itself is well painted - good colour.
The eye is well observed - good form there!

dceska93
11-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I should also mention this is exactly how my dog looks when she rests her head on the blankets on the couch!

LavenderFrost
11-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Nice work!

gaykir
11-08-2014, 12:10 PM
What a sweet face and a lovely tribute.

Dizzydogs
11-08-2014, 12:27 PM
wow....thanks everyone....I shall certainly take on Charlies mums comments....and totally agree ......though for the next one

This actually started as a play practice piece from a photo that I just liked and it went so well that I showed the lady who owned the dog and she loves it..........so I have gifted it to her

Have already started my second! lol xx

ColinS
11-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the Acrylics Forum. Great painting. The eye and the nose are especially convincing. Charlie's Mum has given some very good advice I think. But you have done a nice portrait.

susme48
11-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Well done for sure!!

chammi kaiser
11-08-2014, 05:19 PM
You have done a really good job on the eye and the expression. I also like the colours you have used for the hair. Nice variation there. Good advice from Maureen. It is very important when painting pets' portraits to carefully follow the growth direction of the hair. Looking forward to your next one. You have done very well with acrylics and certainly could not have a better mentor than Julian.

wilfred
11-08-2014, 11:31 PM
What a beautiful portrait with all the fine details like the hair and features! I think the dog is in love... look at his pupil!:heart:

RPut
11-09-2014, 07:05 PM
What a great personality catch! Well done!