View Full Version : Quick dry Cafe November 2014

Pages : [1] 2

idylbrush
11-01-2014, 07:19 AM
A new month, a new beginning.

Charlie's Mum
11-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Happy November all!

Colin - brilliant! - your son as Magritte's painting!:)

Moonstone_Vedis
11-01-2014, 10:22 AM
ugggh Snowing here already. Guess time to dig in and paint more :)

asmith38
11-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks idylbrush, a new thread is exciting :)! Happy November!

Brrr we suddenly got cool down here (I do no do cool or cold!) and it's supposed to drop in the 60's tomorrow - that'd be below 20C. Time to move to Western Europe where they think it's still Summer :D.

Charlie's Mum
11-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Ah, but Ann - yesterday in the 60s, unseasonably warm, today much cooler - 11C - just over 50F ... brrrr! ...... so I think you'll be warmer where you are :lol:

asmith38
11-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Ok Maureen, staying where I am :D. We rarely get in the teens (C) or 50s (F), but it can happen.

We just unplugged our phone. In the last hour, we got 6 calls, all for political campaign ads. Can't wait till Tuesday!

susme48
11-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Colin...loved the live painting! :)

They had predicted our first freeze...but did not get quite that cold. Up to our high for today at 49°...brrr...with a low tonight of 29°. Not really ready for it...but can't change it...:lol:

Should have known hospitals/doctors...sigh...they say one thing, do another. Finally got her in after 5pm last evening...and I guess they read it, since they said go home. :lol: The "go home" was the big announcement. Ha ha! Well they leave for Chicago tomorrow...so I guess we shall see what happens next. Feels like a soap opera some days.

I hate political ads...anymore if caller ID says unavailable, senior alert, credit card, etc...I lift the phone and hang it up. Have learned most of the advert numbers (yes I'm on the no call list...for all the good it does) and don't feel like dealing with computerized messages. I almost wish it was people, so I could give them an earful!! :lol:

idylbrush
11-01-2014, 07:28 PM
There is a definite chill in the air tonight. Tomorrow morning may be a bit chilly.

The wind keeps knocking plants over. I could do without that prospect.

Lady Carol
11-01-2014, 07:54 PM
I hate political ads...anymore if caller ID says unavailable, senior alert, credit card, etc...I lift the phone and hang it up. Have learned most of the advert numbers (yes I'm on the no call list...for all the good it does) and don't feel like dealing with computerized messages. I almost wish it was people, so I could give them an earful!! :lol:
We are on the no call list too but that has not stopped anyone. Actually it has gotten worse in the past year or so. Our phone announces who it is that is calling. If it is not a # we recognize (they have been listed in the phone and ring differently than the unknown ones) it goes to the machine. Usually calls from a City, state, wireless callers, unavailable never leave a message. Seems they really did not want to talk with us at all.

asmith38
11-01-2014, 08:31 PM
I don't have caller ID, all those extras add up on the bill. We only have one company that provides service, so I only have a basic phone line and DSL, and that already costs $84 per month!

Windy here too. The only good thing about this cooler weather is that it dropped our humidity to 77%.

idylbrush
11-02-2014, 09:22 AM
44°F this morning. A bit on the chilly side for my taste. Had to get out the flannel bath robe.

Not a great visit with the oncologist the other day.

Haven't been working in the studio much. Just piddling around and not getting much done. Haven't even done paperwork from last month. So unlike me. I try to keep on top of all of this stuff.

Going back to bed. May spend the day there.

PattiLou
11-02-2014, 09:32 AM
OK, fess up... who moved Florida to the north while we were sleeping? It was 40 degrees when we went for our walk this morning. Brrr! I really don't do cold either. :(

We don't have a landline any more because the only calls on it were sales or wanting a donation or political, none of which I am interested in. I just never answered it so it was a waste of money. We dropped it several years ago and I noticed last year they changed their policy so that if you want DSL they are forcing you to have a landline. Anything to get more money. :eek: We are still under the old policy unless we change our plan, in which case, I still wouldn't answer the phone. My cellphone is good enough.

Morning Howard. Take a break, it's the weekend and you deserve a day of rest.

asmith38
11-02-2014, 10:16 AM
The Floridians are the ones complaining (me included). Imagine what the rest of the Northern hemisphere is thinking :D. 67F here this morning, and I have the space heater going in my office/studio... The first couple of cold fronts are the hardest after all that summer heat. A good day to curl up in bed with a few books or a laptop.

chammi kaiser
11-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Hi everybody,

Haven't popped in here lately but it has been nice to read all your news. I had the most fabulous day. For the first time since I have lived in Germany, my birthday was a blaze of sunshine and a temperature of 21 degrees C. Normally it is grey , grey, grey and either sleeting or raining. Went to breakfast in our village and then spent time sketching . Pete joined in and did not do too badly at all. He has a good sense of perspective and enjoyed sketching one of the historic buildings here. My sympathies to those who are experiencing cold miserable weather.

Hugs all around.

asmith38
11-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Happy Birthday, Chammi :)!

Charlie's Mum
11-02-2014, 11:17 AM
I came in to say 'Happy birthday Chammi' - 21 again ;)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2014/30494-BdayGifts.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2014/30494-birthday_cake,_candles,_large.gif

ColinS
11-02-2014, 12:09 PM
happy birthday chammi!

Hope you have a good one!

It is obvious from the weather that the southeastern US and Northwestern Europe have switched places. :lol:

It has been much sunnier and milder here than usual too. "Normally" late October and November would be the beginning of the cold wet season. But yesterday was beautiful and DW even had me out working in the garden. ;)

Very unNovember.

Lady Carol
11-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Happy birthday Chammi. Hope you had a wonderful day

PattiLou
11-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Chammi...........
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2014/125378-birthdayflowers.gif

Hope it was fantastic!

asmith38
11-03-2014, 07:06 AM
^^F or 19C this am, with strong wind. I made lots of coffee.

Has anyone noticed that WC did not go on Winter time? Or do I have something set up wrong?

idylbrush
11-03-2014, 09:11 AM
It was 40° this morning. I'm moving to Florida to get away from this stuff. Oh wait, to late.

Think I finished a new work this morning. Now to sign and varnish.

Spent the entire weekend in bed. Not what I had planned but it just worked out that way. Guess it was a good weekend to do that since it has been cold.

chammi kaiser
11-03-2014, 11:26 AM
THANK YOU ALL MY WET CANVAS PALS FOR THOSE LOVELY BIRTHDAY WISHES.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I had a great day - got thoroughly spoiled and enjoyed good friends, good food and good weather.

Raymo
11-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Is it too late to spank the birthday girl ? :evil:

chammi kaiser
11-04-2014, 04:39 AM
YES!! :D :heart:

idylbrush
11-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Good to hear you had a wonderful day Chammi. It is great when you have the day you hoped for.

Appointment today. Going to take about 5 hours.

Going to stop at the art supply and get some India Ink.

chammi kaiser
11-04-2014, 09:14 AM
HI MAUREEN. WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY, GOOD HEALTH, LOTS OF CREATIVITY AND A FUN DAY.:music: :wave: :clap:

idylbrush
11-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Happy Birthday Maureen, hope it is everything you want it to be.

ColinS
11-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Happy Birthday Maureen

Hope you have a great day!

asmith38
11-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Happy Birthday, Maureen!

PattiLou
11-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Maureen....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Nov-2014/125378-FlowerExtra104ccHB.jpg

Hope your day is funfilled and sunny!

Fox_eNova
11-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Happy Birthday Maureen and many more..

Rick G
11-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Happy Birthday, Maureen!

SiXCZ-Ew0b0

That one just cracks me up. :D

Hope you have a great day.

Oh, and would you mind sharing a piece of cake with Chammi? I see I'm late for her party. Happy belated birthday, Chammi.:clap:

idylbrush
11-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Back from the hospital. Stopped at the art supply and picked up a pen, some ink and a bottle of Pthalo Blue (red shade), never used that before. I always got the green shade. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Lady Carol
11-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Happy birthday, Maureen.

Lady Carol
11-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Raymo, ask Maureen the same question you asked Chammi. Maureen might say no.

idylbrush
11-05-2014, 07:12 AM
?v=ZkIXjI7k_hg

Great concept and a great bit of pay it forward.

Charlie's Mum
11-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes - did have a good day too!:lol:

Rick - loved the JIB-JAB! A couple of years ago we had lots of fun making little videos with them - using family (and pet) photos in their templates - good laugh!

Howard - is that for real? If so, incredibly generous - and spread a lot of happiness!

cem
11-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Happy belated Birthday to Chammi and Maureen. Glad you both had good ones!

Howard, that video proves there are still some good, generous people in the world. Too bad there aren't more of them!

Have a great day all!

idylbrush
11-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Maureen, knowing the artist involved, it is for real.

Cindy, it is generous and kind.

Been doing paperwork and paying bills this morning YUK!

I have a new bottle of paint I need to get to, don't these bill people understand that?

Raymo
11-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Is it too late to spank the birthday girl ? :evil:

Charlie's Mum
11-05-2014, 04:26 PM
What? Who? Where? ... is there a birthday girl huh? :lol:

Bonfire Night here - Guy Fawkes - there's an organised Fireworks display in the village and I can see it from the window! Pretty!:)

old_hobbyist
11-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Happy birthday to Chammi and Maureen. Must be nice to still have birthdays.

Charlie's Mum
11-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm trying to forget Jim - but thank you for the thoughts!:lol:

G'night all :wave:

chammi kaiser
11-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Thanks too. Rick that really is a funny video. Never seen it before and just packed up laughing.

Raymo - it's never really too late for anything.

Tomorrow night is the opening of our exhibition. I am a little nervous being the new girl on the block in the forum. I really don't know what the work of the other artists is like but at least the two paintings I have submitted have been accepted.

Carol how is the drug doing - any news?

Howard, I am not sure what the other artist is all about. Don't have Adobe Flash

Rick's video has also disappeared and there is just a grey patch on the screen. Glad I managed to see it before that happened.

idylbrush
11-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Another video from OK GO! One of my favorite groups because of their innovative videos. I want one of these transport devices.

?v=u1ZB_rGFyeU

Raymo
11-07-2014, 02:34 PM
I guess I'll have to wait till next August....:evil:

Charlie's Mum
11-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Well Raymo - you could check in here on 9th ......... not sayin' a word until then!!!!!! ;);)

PattiLou
11-07-2014, 07:23 PM
:D

Why is it that weeds always grow well no matter the circumstances? I've been trying to clear the garden since it finally dried out enough to work in it and I thought the weeds were going to best me. :( Think I might have them under control, finally. Now I need a trip to the garden shop for a few veggie plants.

idylbrush
11-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Patti, I think that is one of life's great mysteries. I know I have a huge crop of weeds and haven't felt up to getting to to them. They are doing quite well on their own. LOL

I've recently lost interest in almost everything. Not good.

Charlie's Mum
11-08-2014, 08:23 AM
I've recently lost interest in almost everything. Not good.
Definitely not good!
We need to organise a 'search for your mojo' hunt!

Weeds have learnt to adapt the way other plants haven't - and because they know we don't want 'em, they proliferate - especially when one's back is turned!:lol: The ones I really hate with a passion are the horsetails that grow between the paving stones on the patio - don't know how they got there, they didn't used to be in this area :(
I actually don't mind weeding the garden but I don't like the paved area's weeds!:lol: But, bought a new wavewand - y'know the mini flame thrower? :lol: - that keeps them at bay!:lol:

asmith38
11-08-2014, 09:28 AM
idylbrush,
I go through phases like that too. Especially when my migraines kick in. I hope you'll get out of it soon :).

Weeds: we don't have a garden, we have a yard and a jungle. Hence, weeds are here to stay. Once in a while, I'll buy a package of mixes wild flowers and throw the seeds around. Then, I don't worry bout the weeds so much.

PattiLou
11-08-2014, 02:41 PM
That's a good idea Ann and I would love it, but the Homeowner's Association would have a fit. Sometimes I wish I lived out in the country surrounded by farms. We are not in a city though, just a small community.

asmith38
11-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Well Patti, sometimes it's good to be in the boonies, sometimes it's a pain. I like the privacy and quietness but nothing is ever convenient, no choice of service providers (as in internet).

susme48
11-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Wow...I have missed birthdays...oops!! Happy Belated birthday to Chammi and Maureen!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2014/51170-belated_birthday.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2014/51170-belated-birthday-26.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2014/51170-367.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2014/51170-3069a.gif

Howard...what a wonderful video!! Nice to see something positive!

Been feeling kind of blah...but painting some, need to finish them now...:lol:

Charlie's Mum
11-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Never too late Susan - thank you!:)

Fox_eNova
11-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Well Patti, sometimes it's good to be in the boonies, sometimes it's a pain. I like the privacy and quietness but nothing is ever convenient, no choice of service providers (as in internet).
DITTO, Ditto and Ditto... from a Boonie dweller

Charlie's Mum
11-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Good morning to all you Boonie-dwellers (and others)!

Just popped in to say -

Happy Birthday Patti! - and many more to come!:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2014/30494-birthday_flowers_and_tigger.gif

And here, it's a gorgeous day - 'course it may well not stay that way!:lol:

idylbrush
11-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Best of Birthday wishes, Patti.

asmith38
11-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Happy Birthday, Patti!

ColinS
11-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Happy Birthday Patti!

What's with all these clustered birthdays?

Charlie's Mum
11-09-2014, 10:52 AM
November's a good month!!!!!! :lol:

Did you know that those born in this month are less prone to depression? Now there's a little bit of useless knowledge you'd rather do without!!!! :lol:
(I read it somewhere ;))

asmith38
11-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Didn't know that.
November is a great month: it's the end of hurricane season :D.

Charlie's Mum
11-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Yes, see? We bring peace and stability ;););) :lol:

asmith38
11-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Yes, see? We bring peace and stability ;););) :lol:
Keep up the good work ROFL :thumbsup:

RPut
11-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Hey, Lots of Birthday Wishes to go around! Happy Birthday Chammi, Maureen and Patti! Had mine a couple weeks ago and Hubby made up for a lot of forgotten ones....hahahahaha

Not such nice weather here either..... went to my hometown to visit and drove against the wind that really shook my little car around the road. Was glad to have the wind behind me on the way back!

So still not painting here. BUT, I have been busy creating flipcharts for my classroom with my new ActivInspire projector. Very fun to draw on a marker board and have it be a part of a game/activity for my kiddos.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2014/117502-IMG_6509.JPG

Good to see everyone!

asmith38
11-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Ok, I'm coming to your class, we didn't have cool stuff like that when I was a kid :D.

Lady Carol
11-09-2014, 09:33 PM
I guess I'll have to wait till next August....:evil:
What? For your spank'n??

Lady Carol
11-09-2014, 09:37 PM
:D

Why is it that weeds always grow well no matter the circumstance?
Technically a week is just a plant out of place. Assume that they are where they are suppose to be and you have no weeds.

Lady Carol
11-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Happy birthday Patti.

PattiLou
11-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Technically a week is just a plant out of place. Assume that they are where they are suppose to be and you have no weeds.
Yes, I've always heard that, but my assumption is that they don't belong in my vegetable garden taking over the the whole plot.:D

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes. We just returned from a scrumptious dinner (daughter took us out) I had scallops and shrimp with spaghetti squash and garlic mashed potatoes followed by these huge fancy cupcakes that my daughter provided. They had enough icing and decorations to cover all my calorie needs for the next week. :eek: And, if that wasn't enough she also had ice cream. :D Only ate part of the cupcake.... too much for me.

Happy belated birthday Ruthie. I wanna be in your class too. Looks like fun.

chammi kaiser
11-10-2014, 05:02 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTI - HOPE YOU BEAT THOSE WEEDS INTO SUBMISSION BEFORE YOUR NEXT BIRTHDAY. BIG WARM HUG :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have a friend who believes that all plants (the indigenous ones) have priority in her garden. She never sees them as weeds and her garden attracts all sorts of creepy crawlies and of course butterflies and bees. She loves them all!!!!!

Thanks Susie. It certainly isn't too late - loved the virtual greetings.

Ruth, that is really a charming photograph. Those children must enjoy your class very much - so much colour and fun.

Of course November is a good month (or used to be in South Africa). Who gets depressed when it sleets, rains, snows, the skies are always grey -NOT ME!!!!! :D This year I had sunshine. Couldn't believe it.

I am feeling full of energy today and am off to my studio to enjoy the two challenges this month - one from the Acrylics Forum and one from Animal and Wildlife Forum. Going to be fun.

asmith38
11-10-2014, 11:34 AM
I have a friend who believes that all plants (the indigenous ones) have priority in her garden.

Oh Chammi, I didn't know you were friends with my husband :rolleyes: :D .

Raymo
11-10-2014, 02:01 PM
What? For your spank'n??

Yes...my spankin of the red headed step professor. 😜

Raymo
11-10-2014, 02:03 PM
.....and dress up like Ginger from Gilligan's Island lol.

asmith38
11-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Happy Veteran's Day everyone!

If you have the day off, enjoy. Otherwise, pretend you do :D.

Charlie's Mum
11-11-2014, 04:29 PM
'Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' (http://poppies.hrp.org.uk/about-the-installation) - don't know if you've seen any images of this ceramic poppies installation at the Tower of London, but it's truly magnificent and I wish we'd been able to travel to London to see it.
It has captured the public's imagination and really brought home to people the sacrifices made by so many, from so many areas of the Commonwealth and elsewhere and made this year's commemoration period very special.

Today has been a solemn one here with very moving tributes paid all over the country.

Shirl Parker
11-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Your poppies have been all over the news here. So beautiful, really impressive sentiment. I first saw the poppies in buttonholes when I was watching MI5 on netflix.

Lady Carol
11-11-2014, 05:07 PM
I am freaking out. I have tomorrow, a practice presentation to investors. This is a practice mind you not the real deal. Well there will be real investors there but not the ones I have to present to officially which is next week. I don't understand why I am so nervous about it. It is weird. I know the disease inside out and the pathway for drug development. This area of drug development is just a huge unknown for me and something that I have not had any experience in. I am terrified that I will act like an blithering idiot and forget everything that I want to say during the slide presentation. I am fine until slide 9 where I appear to fall apart with my dialog. Argh!!!

cem
11-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Carol, I looked back but somehow have missed your post about what disease the drug is for. I hope your presentation goes well. I'm sure you won't act like a blithering idiot! Breath deep and so your best to relax. I bet you'll be great!

idylbrush
11-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Carol, have you considered 3X5 file cards with notes for each slide in the presentation. When i taught, I did this the first few years until I had it down pat. Just a thought.

asmith38
11-11-2014, 05:42 PM
I am freaking out. I have tomorrow, a practice presentation to investors. This is a practice mind you not the real deal. Well there will be real investors there but not the ones I have to present to officially which is next week. I don't understand why I am so nervous about it. It is weird. I know the disease inside out and the pathway for drug development. This area of drug development is just a huge unknown for me and something that I have not had any experience in. I am terrified that I will act like an blithering idiot and forget everything that I want to say during the slide presentation. I am fine until slide 9 where I appear to fall apart with my dialog. Argh!!!

Carol,
Take a deep breath :)! You will be fine, no not fine, you will be great! It's only a practice. The main thing is to take your time, don't rush it, you're the one in control of the flow. My public speaking prof used to tell us to imagine the audience in their underwear :D.

ColinS
11-11-2014, 05:44 PM
'Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' (http://poppies.hrp.org.uk/about-the-installation) - don't know if you've seen any images of this ceramic poppies installation at the Tower of London, but it's truly magnificent and I wish we'd been able to travel to London to see it.
It has captured the public's imagination and really brought home to people the sacrifices made by so many, from so many areas of the Commonwealth and elsewhere and made this year's commemoration period very special.

Today has been a solemn one here with very moving tributes paid all over the country.

The poppies are very impressive, Maureen. Quiet day here. A solemn holiday to be sure. The office is shut, so I have been spending some time on my DS. Nice and sunny so we went for a walk.

I am sure you will be fine Carol, but I know the feeling. I have to make a 2 1/2 hour educational presentation to a group of officials next week and I am already starting to get stressed. I should go work on the presentation this afternoon, in fact. :(

Happy belated birthday Ruthie. Your kids must have a great time in class with such a creative teacher.

Lady Carol
11-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Carol, I looked back but somehow have missed your post about what disease the drug is for. I hope your presentation goes well. I'm sure you won't act like a blithering idiot! Breath deep and so your best to relax. I bet you'll be great!
I have a drug that treats scleroderma. This is a rare disease that allows us to go the orphan drug route which is quicker and easier than the regular route for bringing a drug to market

Carol, have you considered 3X5 file cards with notes for each slide in the presentation. When i taught, I did this the first few years until I had it down pat. Just a thought.
I have 5X7" cards with notes, so I have already thought of that. I suspect that I am beating myself up over that as well as I have not used cheat notes for any talk in years.

Lady Carol
11-11-2014, 06:16 PM
I am sure you will be fine Carol, but I know the feeling. I have to make a 2 1/2 hour educational presentation to a group of officials next week and I am already starting to get stressed. I should go work on the presentation this afternoon, in fact. :(
Cross-posted. I also have a cytokine lecture (new to me) that I have to give next Monday that I have not sorted out yet. That is the least of my worries at the mo.

Lady Carol
11-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Carol,
Take a deep breath :)! You will be fine, no not fine, you will be great! It's only a practice. The main thing is to take your time, don't rush it, you're the one in control of the flow. My public speaking prof used to tell us to imagine the audience in their underwear :D.
I think I am fine on the time as when ever I rehearse it I am well under my allotted 12 minutes. Think about it 12 mins to get the money/investment. That is a lot of pressure.

Charlie's Mum
11-11-2014, 06:19 PM
You'll be fine Carol - you know your stuff just do as Ann says and BREATHE!

Ruthie - the classroom aid looks terrific - how things have advanced eh?:lol: And belatedly, happy birthday too!:)

Colin - you too will give your presentation without a hitch - we have the utmost confidence in you!:D
BREATHE!!!! :D

Lady Carol
11-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I missed a birthday too. Happy birthday Ruthie.

PattiLou
11-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Colin and Carol relax a little, think positive and I know everything will be grand. Just be glad it is not me.:D :eek: I hate speaking in front of an audience... always did and always will. I do like the idea of imagining the audience in their underwear, but I would probably have a big smirk on my face. :angel:

We went to lunch with some friends today and took advantage of one of the restaurants that was giving a free entrée to veterans. OMG was it good! :thumbsup:

It was a beautiful day weatherwise too, really comfortable and we just had a gorgeous, very red sunset.

asmith38
11-11-2014, 07:31 PM
I do like the idea of imagining the audience in their underwear, but I would probably have a big smirk on my face. :angel:
Yes, talk about Laughing Out Loud ;) :D.

Shirl Parker
11-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Carol, I'll keep my ESP fingers crossed for you

chammi kaiser
11-12-2014, 03:32 AM
Carol, you will be fine. I know there is a lot at stake and it is perfectly understandable that there will be nervousness with that kind of pressure. Hang in there. You know your stuff , have worked for a long long time on the research. If you believe in your product, it will show. Best of luck.

Lady Carol
11-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Practice was not too bad and I got good feedback. I did dissolve into a puddle of nerves around slide 12 but regrouped and got it back together. The story I have is clear and compelling. Apparently I have a spelling mistake on one of the slides. I cannot see it and I have asked a bunch of people to review the deck to see if they can spot it. It might be the difference between UK vs. US spelling. Actually a mistake was just identified and was not technically a spelling mistake but the difference between trail and trial (sheesh) and a grammatical error (oops).

Actually Chammi, I know the science well but once I get passed the science slides, I arrive at the business end of things and that I do not know all that well.

The real deal is in a week. Shark Tank, here I come. :)

Charlie's Mum
11-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Shucks Carol - you know how to spell - this particular audience...? well , y'know how they (don't) spell!!!!!!!! :lol:

Even Amazon UK, today, highlighted a word for me as wrong - sheesh - the double ll has been Americanised to a single letter in the UK!!!!!!!! I left the ll in;)

For you, having got this out of the way, the real-deal will go well I'm sure.:)

susme48
11-12-2014, 02:43 PM
I used to live WAY in the boonies...now I live in a very, very small twon, which I like better as I can get to the few stores, etc.

Maureen...I thought the poppies were so stunning!!

Carol...I am sure you will do fine! Have great faith in you! :)

The good news is I have a job! Working part time at the real estate office my friend owns. Yay!! Should help a lot! and gets me out of the house...:lol:

Poor Mandi is still going thru' so much...sigh. They did say that she does not have MS. Her eye is still getting worse, and the headache is constant...so she goes Thursday to see a Neuro-opthamologist that the neurologist and opthamologist called in as well as seeing her rheumatologist. They want to put her on IV steroids, but want her to see the new doctor first so as not to mask any symptoms. They did give her some migraine meds to see if they would help the headache and eye ache, even tho' it is not a migraine. She is supposed to be getting a brace because of the drop foot problem, but may have to have a nerve conduction test first. They are postponing the lumbar puncture for the moment...which made her happy...but from what I read about the nerve test...not sure which is more painful.

bluefish
11-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Carol....just picture Raymo sitting there in his underwear....:D

idylbrush
11-12-2014, 04:58 PM
We don't want to freak Carol out now do we!

Charlie's Mum
11-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Blue - now that is just too much for the mind!!!! :evil:

Susan - good for you getting a part-time job:) Sorry Mandi's symptoms/flare-up are not easing.:(

Just saying g'night all :wave:

Lady Carol
11-13-2014, 02:42 PM
We don't want to freak Carol out now do we!
Shudder. I am going blind at the thought. It will put me right off giving the talk and I want the money.

Lady Carol
11-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Congrats on the job Sue. That is good news.

Working on my cytokine lecture now. Ugh!!! Will all this crap end?

Charlie's Mum
11-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Just to cheer up all the gardeners here - headline in today's paper - 'Weeds will always win'!!!!!!
As if we needed research to tell us that!!!:rolleyes: :lol:

PattiLou
11-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Maureen... I bet they spent a bunch of money to discover that well known fact. :lol:

Homemade Lasagne in the oven... made with homemade sauce and Italian Sausage. Smelling pretty good right now. Only thing left to do is toss a salad together.

asmith38
11-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Just to cheer up all the gardeners here - headline in today's paper - 'Weeds will always win'!!!!!!

What a waste of money and resources!

Wtg Susan, hope you enjoy the new job.

Some friends you all are, scaring Carol like that :D.

Patti, that sounds yummy :thumbsup: !

ColinS
11-13-2014, 09:28 PM

They haven't met my DW and her shovel. :evil:

But yes, we may occasionally win a battle but they have the war.

#1 Son is making halibut curry tonight and the smells from the kitchen are heavenly. He is quite a good cook, it turns out, and he is responsible for making one dinner a week. :clap:

Sorry about Mandi, Susan. Must be a real worry for you and her. Congrats on the job. :thumbsup: Some days I would like to give mine up...

chammi kaiser
11-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Well done Susie girl. Enjoy the job. I am sorry poor Mandi is going through such a tough time. Sending you positive thoughts and warm hugs across the oceans.

Carol. You are going to be just fine. You are a feisty lady. Whatever you do try to get the image of Raymo out of your mind, otherwise your chances will descend to zero!!!

Colin, lucky you to have a chef in the kitchen. Bet you enjoyed that curry.

Patti. I am also making homemade Lasagne - the sauce has mushrooms, bacon, tomatoes, onions and minced beef, garlic and Italian herbs. It is smelling good.

Off to see a film tonight called Rosie. It has an excellent write-up. Takes place in Switzerland and concerns a daughter whose mother has issues with remembering anything and everything but is an incredibly active and bossy lady. It has a certain amount of pathos but apparently has some really funny scenes too. Looking forward to it. We have a wonderful cinema here. It is totally 'retro', with huge velvet curtains and big plush seats - stars on the ceiling etc. It was built in the 1940's. The only modern thing about it is the technology - all films using computerised screening. We even have a little old man who shows you to your seats with a torch (flashlight).

Have a nice , healthy day all.

cem
11-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Susan, sorry about the health problems with Mandy. Hoping for better days ahead. Congrats on the new job!

Good luck to you, Carol!

Colin, Must be nice to have someone else cook for you. I don't have that luxury unless I go pick something up:)

Patti, love lasagna! I only make it occasionally these days.

Chammi, hope you enjoyed your film. Haven't been to a film not meant for kids in some time now. Took GS to see The Boxtrolls. Eh.

The Polar Vortex has arrived in N. Texas. Dipping into the 20's at night. Didn't get out of the 40's yesterday. And did I mention lots of wind? Cuts right through! Oh how I miss the S. California climate!! Gotta get out today anyway. Vacuum has died, must replace it quickly. This house cat leaves "kitty fluff" everywhere! Messiest cat I ever had. I find bits of her food all over the house. Yuck.
Have a lovely day, ya'll:)

Jon
11-14-2014, 11:49 AM
I have a drug that treats scleroderma. This is a rare disease that allows us to go the orphan drug route which is quicker and easier than the regular route for bringing a drug to market

As I have mentioned to you on another occasion, I had a relative who died from systemic scleroderma and prior to her death she had a very difficult life. You have my most heartfelt appreciation for all your work, Carol.

Lady Carol
11-14-2014, 01:07 PM
As I have mentioned to you on another occasion, I had a relative who died from systemic scleroderma and prior to her death she had a very difficult life. You have my most heartfelt appreciation for all your work, Carol. Yes, I remember that and I am sorry about that.

Holy Hannah!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: One of the guys who is helping me pitch just said that no matter whether we got the money or not for this drug, he wanted to help me take it to the next level and market it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Charlie's Mum
11-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Sounds good Carol! :thumbsup:

idylbrush
11-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Way to go Carol. Seems like a win situation no matter what happens.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Nov-2014/36241-14_years_old.jpeg

Found this article recently. I was 14.

ColinS
11-15-2014, 11:25 AM
That's a good find Howard. You look so intent! Nice lighthouse. Do you still have the work by Ichiba?

Way to go, Carol! Watch out SmithGlaxoKline. ;)

Charlie's Mum
11-15-2014, 12:15 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: Howard! :D Excellent!

bluefish
11-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Howard....enjoyed the 63 paper article....and that you were from Forked River...I'm in Waretown now, but lived in Barnegat Light for over 20 years...:thumbsup:

'blue....:wave:

susme48
11-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Thanks all!! I think once I learn a bit (haha...LOTS) more, all will be well...it will just be part time...but will so help financially! Mandi's so upset, she has now started to lose the sight in her right eye as well...and is so frustrated! She was able to paint up to this point, but now is losing colors as well. They still really do not know what all is happening. The lumbar puncture is back on for Monday, and there seems to still be some chance that she has MS as well as the Lupus...sigh. One would think one disease would be enough. I just wish they could do all the tests at once and not have to spread them out...waiting is exhausting and stressful!

Want to paint...but can't find a ref that moves me...sigh. Don't feel like working on old ones. It's so cold here that I need something that makes me forget how cold I am...:lol:

Charlie's Mum
11-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Oh Susan. ((((((hugs))))))

idylbrush
11-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Howard....enjoyed the 63 paper article....and that you were from Forked River...I'm in Waretown now, but lived in Barnegat Light for over 20 years...:thumbsup:

'blue....:wave:

Just down route 9 a bit. My family moved there when I was 5 and I left to go into the Air Force. When I lived there I went to a 2 room school which in now the historic society building. The population was small, about 300 people when I first moved there. It has grown a bit since.

Sue, sorry to hear Mandi is still going through so much. I know a little bit about the anxiety of waiting on tests.

Charlie's Mum
11-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Howard, I too went to a two-room school in the village where we lived - there was a max. of 8 pupils in each year group - from age 5 to 11 ..... but it still gave us a good education!:)
When I retired from teaching (many years later) it was from a school of 1000+ pupils, 11 to 18 years ........ the small schools were much friendlier!:lol:

idylbrush
11-15-2014, 05:36 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Nov-2014/36241-pocketpies.jpeg

Made pocket pies for lunch. On the left filled with a chicken, veggie cream filling and on the right filled with lemon curd. YUM! I made the crust as well and it turned out flakey. What's wrong with that picture?

PattiLou
11-15-2014, 07:59 PM
I think they look yummy Howard. Did you save any to share?

Fox_eNova
11-16-2014, 12:28 AM
Want to paint...but can't find a ref that moves me...sigh. Don't feel like working on old ones. It's so cold here that I need something that makes me forget how cold I am...:lol:

This deserves another DITTO. :clear:

Charlie's Mum
11-16-2014, 07:02 AM
What's wrong with your picture Howard is that the pies are still on the plate!:lol:
They look delicious - and bring back memories of my g'mother's and mother's pie making - always better than mine!

My Kindle gave up the ghost this week - tried everything to make it work - rang Amazon yesterday and new one will be delivered today, in about an hour's time - no charge and an upgrade (mine was the basic, no longer in production) - it had about 2 days left on the year's guarantee :D :D

D has an endoscopy (stomach) scheduled for tomorrow 11.30am - no food for 6 hours beforehand and no drinks from 2 hours before - he'll be starving! Not looking forward to tomorrow :(

bluefish
11-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Howard ...the little red school house is still here but surrounded by a 1400 home 'Country Club' community.....it's for those 55 and over....my new residence....you wouldn't know the place now....lol!

idylbrush
11-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Patti, Sorry, Limited edition of two.
Maureen, they didn't get a chance to cool.

Did get some studio time in yesterday. Not much. Spent most of the day in bed.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Nov-2014/36241-pizzapockets.jpeg
Breakfast

susme48
11-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Maureen...hugs for you and hubby!! I agree tomorrow is gonna be a long day!

Howard...you always make me hungry! :) I'd better go scrounge in the kitchen.

Found a photo...and painted it!! So there, muse!! :lol:

Fox_eNova
11-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Doc put me on Ventavis last week (for PAH's), anyone else on that treatment?
Too time consuming I think..not like I am a busy all day. :rolleyes:

Howard, every time you post a pic of some edibles I feel the need to do something creative in the kitchen. My bride said I need to be creative in a canvas, not a plate. :confused:
Little white things falling from the sky, anyone have a clue?:lol:
Stay warm youall.

idylbrush
11-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Blue, There may be some confusion, the school house I went to was a white clapboard building. I think it is still there just off the old brick post office. At least that is the way it looks on Google Earth. Not far from Mary's Little Dairy on Route 9.

Chicken pot pie for dinner. Made chocolate chip cookie dough and formed it into logs that are in the freezer. Left some out so I can have some with dinner.

chammi kaiser
11-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Susan, I am so sorry that Mandi is going through such an awful time. Poor girl. You too, must be taking a lot of stress. Warm , comforting hug. I do hope that something concrete can be done to help her.

What a good looking young fellow you were, Howard. Enjoyed the photo and the story. Stop showing those delicious things you produce in your kitchen. I always get hunger pangs and want to rush off into the kitchen and make something similar.

My dear Maureen, I hope things went okay for you and Denis. Thinking of you both and trusting all is well. Hugs.

Carol, good news - a real feather in your cap. Way to go girl!!

Charlie's Mum
11-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Eric - am assuming Ventavis is for breathing? PAH? - but not having probs like that I probably just haven't come across it! Take care!

DH had his endoscopy procedure earlier for his gullet and duodenum and so nothing to eat since dinner last night .... we got home around 1.30 so he's had some lunch and is resting now ...... he's supposed to have a responsible adult with him for 24 hours but I was the only adult available :eek: :lol:
Boy, what a busy department that is - they had at least four clinics - different ''-oscopies'' going on and delays, of course! Glad we got a taxi instead of me driving, the car parks were full!

Howard - I could use some of those little pies - I've got to think of something for dinner that D can cope with - the procedure has left him feeling bloated .... 'nuff said! ;)

PattiLou
11-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Maureen, glad you survived the traffic on the road and in the hospital, and hopefully hubby is feeling better now. All of those procedures make you want to avoid doctors, especially the ones that pat you on the hand and tell you to "just relax". :lol:

Busy day today... gave Ms. Buttons a bath and she must be feeling pretty good, she is laying on the couch sleeping. Then I worked on the HOA budget for the board and this afternoon we have a board (bored :evil: ) meeting. The remainder of the week looks pretty clear on the calendar. Yea! First time that has happened for awhile.

Charlie's Mum
11-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks Patti :)

The remainder of the week looks pretty clear on the calendar
Haven't had one of those for the past few months - what are they like? :lol:

PattiLou
11-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks Patti :)
Haven't had one of those for the past few months - what are they like? :lol: Nice while it lasts! :D

We are having a full blown storm with rain, wind and tornado warnings! :eek: It is quite warm too, but the forecast says the temperature will drop drastically. This weather has been goofy lately, you never know what's coming next.

Lady Carol
11-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Cytokine lecture out of the way. I thought it was too superficial but apparently it was just right for the knowledge of the students. I do need to make it a little disease relevant, so will do that for next year.

Now have to work on my presentation for Wednesday. :eek: I still have nerves about it for some reason.

ColinS
11-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Cytokine lecture out of the way. I thought it was too superficial but apparently it was just right for the knowledge of the students. I do need to make it a little disease relevant, so will do that for next year.

Now have to work on my presentation for Wednesday. :eek: I still have nerves about it for some reason.

I have my presentation tomorrow and just found out this morning that the scope of the presentation has been expanded to include whole other subject areas...:eek: Then it's off to Vancouver for Fleetwood Mac. Can't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow DW already left for the Big City by bus at the crack of dawn this morning so she can see friends. Busy week all round.

Maureen glad you're husband is back & resting. If you need a responsible supervisor, (as opposed to a flighty artist like yourself who needs to work on the Challenge paintings :lol: ) perhaps a neighbour would look in.:lol:

Charlie's Mum
11-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Lol Colin!!!!! I managed to be sensible ;)

Good luck with that now-extended-by-popular-demand presentation:D

Is Vancouver a long way from you? ...... silly question, everywhere is a 'long way' in Canada I should think!!! Enjoy the concert. :D

Waiting for the fitter to come fit a blind at the en-suite window - any time between 9 and 1.30 ..... it's now almost 11am... hate waiting around!

idylbrush
11-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Carol, knowing you as I do, it will be a piece of cake. You know what you are talking about and have a great presence.

Maureen, maybe Colin could send his son over for a bit of time to watch over Denis. LOL:lol: :lol: :lol:

We had a vicious storm here yesterday. Lots of wind and rain. Very warm and today is supposed to have the bottom drop out and get very cold.

Changed doctors this week, made appointment at one of the major medical centers, got back a test result that I should have gotten in 2009. It was a game changer. Normal week here.

Charlie's Mum
11-18-2014, 08:26 AM
got back a test result that I should have gotten in 2009.

Wow, that's a bit of a delay!!!!!!!! ... and I don't suppose you'll ever know why!

As someone once said, 'Never expect efficiency!'

It's quite mild here, 11C, so low-mid 50sF - very reasonable.:)

cem
11-18-2014, 10:21 AM
It's 27F here in my little section of N. Texas. We're on a warming trend though. Expected high today of 50. I'm sure the animals will be pleased with that.

The "-oscopies" are never pleasant, especially the prep for them. Glad he is home and resting. I know you'll take good care of him Maureen.

Colin, enjoy Fleetwood Mac. That's one band I never got to see but one of my favs. Stevie Nicks is an incredible song writer with over 500 songs written so I heard. Talent!

I'm hoping to get some painting in today, but I need to get out to run some errands that I should have done yesterday. Just didn't want to get out in the cold. I'm thankful we don't have snow or ice......yet.

Wow, Howard, I hope your new doctor can give the care you need. There is no excuse for a 5 year wait for test results!!

Happy painting, ya'll:)

PattiLou
11-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Changed doctors this week, made appointment at one of the major medical centers, got back a test result that I should have gotten in 2009. It was a game changer. Normal week here.
You should have gotten the test in 2009 or you are just now getting the results from a test in 2009? Either way that delay is not good. Hopefully the results will help with your treatment.

Brrrr!!!! Temperature has been dropping all morning... down to 50 degrees F after being 82 yesterday. And... I don't like it. :lol:

susme48
11-18-2014, 12:06 PM
It's a toasty 29° here with a high predicted of almost 40...:lol: soooo not ready for this! Then warming up for a few days...all the way up to 50-60° and then back down.

This working is really cutting into my online time...:lol: I might have to actually get organized! :)

Charlie's Mum
11-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Lol Susan - getting organised? Wheeeeeee :D

So sorry you're all freezing :( - and I was under the misapprehension you lived in warmer climes than I!!!!! :lol:

D. is fine, thanks - went to physiotherapy again this afternoon and she's very encouraging - told D he's much stronger in his movements, legs (getting up and down from chair) much improved and back will strengthen with the exercises. Glad she told him, he won't believe me!!! :lol: .... not back to driving yet so he has to suffer me at the wheel!;)

asmith38
11-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Sending all with health issues good thoughts.

We were so hot yesterday that we had to turn the AC back on! Then today, 78F with lots of wind.

Lady Carol
11-18-2014, 03:36 PM
My lab tech decided to stink up the department by filtering a very stinky chemical in a tissue culture hood and not in a chemical hood where she should have done. It stinks of rotten eggs.

Charlie's Mum
11-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Yyyyyuk! Latest fragrance for the market perhaps? :lol:

C, you mentioned last year that your Lab manager was diagnosed with cancer - how is she now?

ColinS
11-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Lol Colin!!!!! I managed to be sensible ;)

Good luck with that now-extended-by-popular-demand presentation:D

Is Vancouver a long way from you? ...... silly question, everywhere is a 'long way' in Canada I should think!!! Enjoy the concert. :D

Waiting for the fitter to come fit a blind at the en-suite window - any time between 9 and 1.30 ..... it's now almost 11am... hate waiting around!

Vancouver is about 150 miles away as the crow flies but humans aren't crows and there is a big body of water between Vancouver Island and Vancouver City. I am right now waiting for a ferry to depart to take me over the sea to the mainland. The drive to get here was 2 hours. The ferry trip is about 1 1/2 hours and then I will have a 45 minute drive into the city where our friends live. Much easier to fly. 20 minutes harbour to harbour, but not convenient today because of my presentation, which went fine. I even referred to some frescoes in the Palazzo Pubblico in Siena Italy to illustrate my point about "good government" and "bad government" to exhort the audience to be "good". :angel:

Thanks Cindy, I am looking forward to it now that the presentation is done.

Howard that's terrible about a 4 year wait for results of a test. Even our public health care system isn't as slow as that. :lol:

Weather here has clouded up. More typical November after a week of sunshine seldom seen at this time of year.

idylbrush
11-18-2014, 06:49 PM
The test was jan 20, 2009 so it is just months shy of 6 years.

Almost 6 PM and just getting back. No appointments tomorrow so I may go to the gym.

Thursday some testing and Friday a meeting. The fun just never stops.

idylbrush
11-18-2014, 08:15 PM
The test was done in 2009, I got the first page but never got the last page (the important page) until last Thursday after asking all these years. Everyone kept telling me it didn't exist, that I needed to talk to my doctor, which I did do and they were not helpful. So here I am 5-6 years later just finding out that I had a higher chance of issues because of the cell structure and now it is to late. I am already sick.

No studio today. Have appointments. Wearing long pants, it has been at least 2 years since i wore long pants. It is chilly out and I have the wood coat out.

Shirl Parker
11-18-2014, 11:58 PM
Eh....Colin....er...British California?????

Charlie's Mum
11-19-2014, 11:10 AM
The news here is full of the unseasonably cold weather and snow storms affecting the USA - the weather looks awful and I hope this doesn't herald a really bad winter for you.:eek: ... here it's low 50s but very grey and miserable :( .......... we NEED the sun!

Lady Carol
11-19-2014, 01:13 PM
:eek::eek: Shark Tank day :eek::eek: I am nervous but I do feel good about the slides and what I am going to say.

Shirl Parker
11-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Good luck Carol

Lady Carol
The news here is full of the unseasonably cold weather and snow storms affecting the USA - the weather looks awful and I hope this doesn't herald a really bad winter for you.:eek: ... here it's low 50s but very grey and miserable :( .......... we NEED the sun!
Well, so far, so good. It has not been as bad as last year. We had the first snow in Oct last year and it snowed all winter. Yesterday was our first really cold day.

Lady Carol
Good luck Carol
thank you

Lady Carol
11-19-2014, 01:21 PM
C, you mentioned last year that your Lab manager was diagnosed with cancer - how is she now?
She is doing fabulously. For having stage 4 ovarian cancer, she is now cancer free after surgery, chemo and a biological drug. This is amazing and a true answer to prayer.

Charlie's Mum
11-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Good for her Carol! That's really good to hear :clap: :clap:

Now - best of luck with the sharks!:lol:

Fox_eNova
11-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Typical weather pattern history shows that the weather in the northern US usually hits Europe in about 10 days. Let's hope this is not a typical storm.
I hate winters, mild or harsh. Every form of life seems to suffer during the winter months. :o

Charlie's Mum
11-19-2014, 06:11 PM
It does Eric - we are all at our most vulnerable in winter (and at night)!

I'm hoping that Jet Stream, currently keeping the storms from across the Pond going further north around the top of the UK, continues to stay where it is , at least until the worst ones have bypassed us!!!
Of course, it may also be responsible for allowing all that cold air to drop down across the American continent!;) :eek:

ColinS
11-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Eh....Colin....er...British California?????

Well Shirl we are on the West Coast of Canada, with the mildest climate and most relaxed urban/New Age lifestyle in the country. Our early architecture is a real unusual mix of San Francisco and Tudorbethan. Vancouver's nickname is "Hollywood North", and we have a flourishing wine industry. Yet we have the Union Jack on our flag and Victoria has been labelled as "more English than the English". We are a bit of a misfit in many ways.

Fleetwood Mac was FANTASTIC. Great show. Great music. We both really enjoyed it. So glad we went.:clap: :clap:

idylbrush
11-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Busy in the kitchen today. Made a pie filling, Apple with cranberry. So had to make a pie...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2014/36241-AppleCranberrypie.jpeg

Cooking up some red beans for chili. Have the chili base on the stove. Just need to add the beans. Not traditional but it does have plenty of nutrients, fiber and great flavor.

Lady Carol
11-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Shark tank went very well but I ran out of time on the second last slide. I was allowed to finish what I was saying and flipped to the last slide which was essentially a summary slide, so the sharks could read it themselves. I got good questions that I could answer. A question you can answer is always a good question. My team were happy with how it went. Now I wait for 3 weeks until I hear the results.

ColinS
11-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Good for you Carol. Well done. :thumbsup:

PattiLou
11-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Congrats Carol... see, we had faith in you. :D

Chili tasted good on a cold day... made a big crockpot full of. It was 37 degrees F this morning and way to early for this kind of weather. On the other hand I will take this instead of all the snow, pretty as it can be before traffic makes it yukky. Hope you don't have to experience it Maureen.

Lady Carol
11-19-2014, 09:29 PM
I know you guys are great and had/have faith in me. I did not have much faith in myself until today. I did the best presentation that I could and honestly that is all I could have ever done. Except for running out of time which really was a minor issue, there is nothing I can beat myself up over.

asmith38
11-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Well done, Carol :)!
That looks yummy, idylbrush, please send some South :D.
Finished the last of the chili tonight, it got better each time we heated it.

susme48
11-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Maureen...I believe I was under that misapprehension as well :lol: :lol: We've been breaking records...sigh...I moved here to get away from the cold!

Ewww...Carol...what a lovely odor for the lab! Glad the presentations went well! Had lots of faith in youl!!

Colin...hope you have fun now that the work is out of the way! :)

Now I want pie...but am too tired to bake...:lol: plus don't have the ingredients to make anything. Oh well! The quicky snack ones in boxes will have to do for tonight. :)

Fox_eNova
11-19-2014, 10:49 PM
:clap: :thumbsup: Carol. A question you can answer is always a good question. You reminded me of this:

A professor was touring the universities presenting the breaktroughs in cell replicaion and DNA technologies. His presentation and speeches were always the same, verbatim. There was a time allocated for questions afterward and as expected, students from different colleges would always ask the same questions. After the about 40th stop the limo driver said to the Prof. that he is so used to hearing the presentation so many times, over and over, he could probably give it without a problem and he could make the big dollars. The Prof agreed, and let him do the next one.
The driver did a great job with the presentation and the speech. He also answered the same typical expected questions. Then a student asked him.”Since opoisomerase is to prevent tightening of the helix as it is opened, an enzyme nicks the strand and allows it to rotate, relieving tension and permitting the replication fork to advance. What would be the theoretical outcome if this action were reversed” ?
The Driver replied,” Good question and it has such a simple answer that even my driver, sitting up there in the balcony, can answer that”..........
:lol:

Charlie's Mum
11-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Oh I love that Eric! :clap: :clap:

Well done Carol - we can only do our best and that's what you did.

Lovely day here, low 50sF, cloud and sun - pretty!

Delicious pie H. scrumptious in fact ... pity we don't have smell and taste imagery!:lol:

Lady Carol
11-20-2014, 01:57 PM
:clap: :thumbsup: Carol. You reminded me of this:

A professor was touring the universities presenting the breakthroughs in cell replication and DNA technologies. His presentation and speeches were always the same, verbatim. There was a time allocated for questions afterward and as expected, students from different colleges would always ask the same questions. After the about 40th stop the limo driver said to the Prof. that he is so used to hearing the presentation so many times, over and over, he could probably give it without a problem and he could make the big dollars. The Prof agreed, and let him do the next one.
The driver did a great job with the presentation and the speech. He also answered the same typical expected questions. Then a student asked him.”Since topoisomerase is to prevent tightening of the helix as it is opened, an enzyme nicks the strand and allows it to rotate, relieving tension and permitting the replication fork to advance. What would be the theoretical outcome if this action were reversed” ?
The Driver replied,” Good question and it has such a simple answer that even my driver, sitting up there in the balcony, can answer that”..........
:lol:
That is hysterical

chammi kaiser
11-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Good for you Carol. Knew you could do it. :clap: What the heck is a second or two overtime!!! :D All those pre-presentation nerves are behind you now. Yay!!! Know just how you felt. I had to present a paper on Outdoor Education to an International Conference and really had weak knees. Stood on the one and then on the other foot but in the end it worked out okay. Glad your co-worker is doing so well. Very good news.

Howard, that tart looks scrumptious. You really really are a very good baker and cook. I think we should all be invited around for a meal some time!!

Susie girl, how are things going with Mandi? Do hope she is doing okay and not in too much discomfort. Give her a hug from me. One for you too, of course.

Really chilly here and we have thick fog which creeps into one's clothing and chills the bones. Winter is now on its way. The Alps are covered in snow.

Maureen, sincerely hope that that lousy weather is not hitting you first and then on its way across the English channel. How is Denis doing? Seems the physio is helping. Thinking of you both.

Patti. Feel like inviting me to dinner. Love chilli.

To the rest of the gang, stay well.

idylbrush
11-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Made a big pot of chili today. Also some mission cakes. Holiday time is here.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Nov-2014/36241-missioncakes.jpeg

WTG Carol. Yippee! Now to see how it pans out.

PattiLou
11-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Patti. Feel like inviting me to dinner. Love chilli.

Chili is gone for this batch but I can always put another pot on. And... since Howard bakes everyday (and makes me hungry) we could have a great get together with the whole gang. What a delight that would be, all the talking and exchange of ideas. :D

Charlie's Mum
11-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Ah Patti - we can all dream :D

idylbrush
11-21-2014, 07:01 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2014/36241-applepie.jpeg

5 1/2" apple cranberry pie. YUM!

asmith38
11-21-2014, 08:12 PM
Note to self: Do not look at this thread when hungry :D.

Raymo
11-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Shark tank went very well but I ran out of time on the second last slide. I was allowed to finish what I was saying and flipped to the last slide which was essentially a summary slide, so the sharks could read it themselves. I got good questions that I could answer. A question you can answer is always a good question. My team were happy with how it went. Now I wait for 3 weeks until I hear the results.

Good for you...:clap: ...had you thought of a nekkid Raymo you would have become flush and all sweaty. Glad you made it through.........later freak child !

idylbrush
11-22-2014, 04:26 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2014/36241-pumpkinpie.jpeg

Today is pumpkin pie with hand blended spices. Homemade crust. 5 1/2" plate.

PattiLou
11-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Wow Howard, you are on a roll! Yesterday I baked bread and it was so high it won't fit in the toaster. :lol: Today I baked Pecan Praline Cookies but didn't take pictures. A little extra work but they taste so good.

RPut
11-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Hello Everyone!

Howard, all your goodies look yummy!!
Congrats Carol, glad your presentation went well and good luck!

Cooked a turkey breast today and some cranberry sauce. Gonna make brownies shortly and the the morning pack up and head to Minot to celebrate Thanksgiving with family and my Aunt's 105 BD. :eek:

I got new student this week so I am up to 23 kinders. And yes we are having fun with our new technology. The active board is really fun to draw on to make flipcharts for them.

Susan, hope things are improving for Mandi. Keep us posted. Hugs.

Hugs to everyone!

Charlie's Mum
11-23-2014, 08:41 AM
105 not out!!! Wow - celebrate lots Ruth:)

susme48
11-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Not much news on Mandi...she did say the headache was letting up a bit, and her vision seemed a tiny bit less blurry. Hopefully that is the results of the steroids, and things will continue to get better. Not sure when she goes back to any of the docs...but will let you know when I know something. :)

Off to see if I can whip up a painting for DS...not much time left. I sort of misread, and went the wrong direction....:lol: At least it keeps me busy! :)

idylbrush
11-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Made beef stew today. Oh was it good. Have enough for another meal.

Spent most of the day in bed today. Resting, something I don't do very often.

Lady Carol
11-23-2014, 09:48 PM
We go back to Oz every second year. 2015 is it. The current debate is where do we sightsee. Do we go back to Ularu, Barrier Reef of somewhere new? The debate has been quite intense tonight. I am sure we will work it out before we go. There is few months before we really have to make the decision.

ColinS
11-24-2014, 01:40 AM
All this food is making me hungry.

Hey Ruthie 105 that's some great age. What's your aunt's secret to longevity?

I have never been to Australia, but we have watched several seasons of The Block and it has made me want to visit Melbourne. And build something. :lol:

Busy weekend just winding down now. I did a great painting workshop over two days. It focused on landscapes but the instructor gave us lots of great info about colour, values, shadows, drawing, composition, working from photos. So much that I didn't finish a painting, but made a good start. The hours just flew by.

Last night we went out with friends over for dinner and then all 4 of us went out to a production of Camelot which was pretty good. Two shows and a dinner party in one week is more social life than we usually have in 6 months.

idylbrush
11-24-2014, 07:28 AM
6AM and the air conditioner is running. Quite the change from a week ago.

Been playing a bit with the high flow acrylics.

Today I start as a volunteer. One day a week. Not to much but hopefully enough.

PattiLou
11-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Yes, quite a change in weather. This morning 72 degrees at 6 am... a few days ago it was 37 degrees at 6 am. Never know what to wear on our walk. :lol:

Lady Carol
11-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Yes, quite a change in weather. This morning 72 degrees at 6 am... a few days ago it was 37 degrees at 6 am. Never know what to wear on our walk. :lol:
Same. It is 68 here. A few days ago it was sub zero.

Shirl Parker
11-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Cheez..it's only 63 here and windy...

Charlie's Mum
11-24-2014, 12:59 PM
5C .. mid 40sF here and brrrr, cool - had to get the gloves out this morning!

Supposed to be warming again in a couple of days though - maybe into 50s :)

asmith38
11-24-2014, 02:00 PM
6AM and the air conditioner is running. Quite the change from a week ago.

Oh yes, AC is back on again, not only high temps but our humidity has been staying above 92%.

Today I start as a volunteer. One day a week. Not to much but hopefully enough.

Every little bit helps. What kind of volunteering do you do?

idylbrush
11-24-2014, 04:30 PM
I volunteer making phone calls to remind folks that they have an appointment.

asmith38
11-24-2014, 04:58 PM
That's really useful! Easy to forget things these days.

idylbrush
11-25-2014, 09:00 AM
This was delivered at 8:30 PM. Kind of late but certainly welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2014/36241-orchid.jpeg

idylbrush
11-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Making Navy bean soup today. should make a herty meal.

Charlie's Mum
11-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Never seen a yellow orchid for sale! Saw them in an Orchid House in Jersey (the island, Channel Isles) but never for sale here - gorgeous!

Surroundedbypaint
11-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Raining cats and dogs here in Orlando, Florida today! :eek: Sunshine state?? What sunshine? :lol:

I've been pretty busy of late. Started a small business with a friend. We offer internet marketing services like Social Media management, SEO, Email, etc. Our largest client is keeping us very busy, but it's working out. Still can't quit my day job, but it's nice to have a little extra income.

The little one is walking now! :eek::eek::eek: She's keeping us very busy running after her. She's become rather independent too. She wants to do everything herself with no help! It makes for rather messy meals at times. Here she is:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2014/728622-Arianna_-_16_months_old.jpg

She loves shoes now!

Lady Carol
11-25-2014, 01:12 PM
what a cutie

PattiLou
11-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Spencer, I can't believe she has grown that much! I bet she keeps you rather busy too.

asmith38
11-25-2014, 02:33 PM
idylbrush, that's a beautiful orchid! We (well, we is my husband) grow a bunch of them in our yard.
Spencer, that a cutie :)! We've got bright sunshine here... just saying ;).

Charlie's Mum
11-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Spencer, she's gorgeous!

susme48
11-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Howard...what a beautiful flower!!

Spencer...what a doll baby!! Hard to believe she is this big already...seems like only yesterday you told us she was born!

Since I am not feeling so great...I am not gonna paraphrase my daughter's update...I'm just putting in what she said...
" Well, we have awesome news for the most part. And about time. I had optic neuritis in both eyes caused not by MS but by the lupus. So it can present a little different. I am most happy to report colors are becoming more distinct now. And I am able to officially drive again. And my vision is back to about 20/30 and 20/15. We are doing happy dances. And he said it was first time he had seen me smile. I have definitely been improving daily. He wants to do do"some more studying and research on patients with SLE and what their brains look like versus a person with MS, as he said they just don't see it as often. But as he said if we end up back here now we have a treatment plan. I have appt set up with rheumatologist soon as the spinal tap does show inflammation, which again points out that the lupus is a bit out of control right now. And I get to go back on my plaquenil for the lupus. Happy dances all around folks. and yes I know these are all signals to slow down and smell the roses, make some changes, which I have already started. Thank you everybody for the prayers. They worked."

This was such good news to me!

Hugs to all!

Fox_eNova
11-25-2014, 10:04 PM
SuS that GREAT! Great News.+

ColinS
11-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Susan that is wonderful to hear. :thumbsup:

Spencer your little girl is reall sweet. Can't believe she's grown that much already.

idylbrush
11-26-2014, 07:28 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Nov-2014/36241-1620374_10152242355289140_1541697308_n.jpeg

Saw this on Facebook and it seemed so appropriate.

Surroundedbypaint
11-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Thank you everyone for the compliments! She is truly a joy.

Susan, that's great news! Congrats!

Howard, I like it. Funny. :)

chammi kaiser
11-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Beautiful orchids , Howard. They look so healthy too. Never seen anything like them. Great little squirrel - love the caption.

Spence, she has become a real little girl. Thanks so much for sharing. I had asked you to show us the latest photo and I think she is a real sweetie. My Mum always said 'Little feet make big feet run'. At least she is keeping you fit!

Susie girl, wonderful news. Wish I were closer to rejoice with you and Bonni at the improvement. :heart: Thank goodness. You have a very special daughter!

Going to have an early night tonight. All this square dancing is wearying me out! Actually it is a lot of fun and we have met some really nice folk. Amazing what a sub-culture it is here in Germany. The ladies wear these dresses that look like overblown cupcakes or huge sun umbrellas with masses of frilly net petticoats. Horrors. You will NOT get me into one of those ever. I'll stick to jeans.

Have a nice day all and a wonderful Thanksgiving to all my US friends.

Hugs,

Charlie's Mum
11-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Susan - that's good news indeed!:clap: :clap:

Howard - love that pic and sentiment!:D

Chammi - those frilly net, starched, petticoats were de rigueur in the late50s early 60s!!!!!!;) :lol:

Lady Carol
11-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Sue, that is really good news.

susme48
11-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Eric, Colin, and Spencer!!

Chammi, I wish you were too...:lol: tho'I'd probably just have to toast her with coffee these days! Wish I could still dance...I love to dance!

Thanks, Maureen and Carol!! Carol, you'd probably understand the science of it more than I do. Apparently optic neuritis is more of a MS thing than lupus? And because it was NOT MS was not presenting quite "right"...the dr. says he has learned from all of this, and it will help with her and with another lupus patient he has.

She called late last night, just to bubble over with joy! She is so excited to be able to see again...especially colors! And is so glad to be adding the plaquenil back as it really seems to help with the pain and swelling. She has decided to close the rescue, tho' they will be keeping the animals they have, and still trying to help other rescues. But she realizes her health comes first.

Well...off to get ready for work....and then for the long holiday!

asmith38
11-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Susan, that is wonderful! There is your Thanksgiving present :).

Idylbrush, hahaha love it :D!

I read somewhere that country music is now the most popular in the world... Yeehaw?

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are in the USA!!!

Fox_eNova
11-26-2014, 03:14 PM
WISHING YOU ALL
a
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Nov-2014/1714334-turkey.jpg

idylbrush
11-26-2014, 09:58 PM
To those who celebrate, best of Thanksgiving wishes.

Busy day today. Appointment 50 miles from home, then to my sisters place, to the market and home in time for dinner.

Need to make a pie crust dough tomorrow. Have apple cranberry filling, pumpkin filling and cherry filling. A gracious plenty. Now to find a good crust recipe, something with a tender flakey crust.

Had a bit of studio time today, got one layer on the canvas.

Artist's breakfast today, what a treat that was.

asmith38
11-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Best flaky crust in my opinion is very simple: 2 cups flour, 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup water. A bit of baking soda and dash of salt. If you want it sweet, a tablespoon of sugar, to taste. Easy to scale up/down, just keep the proportions of the 1st 3 ingredients. A single crust takes about 1 cup of flour.

The key is being flaky is to use chilled butter and very cold water.

ColinS
11-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll down there. Just another work day for us up here tomorrow. :(

susme48
11-27-2014, 12:06 AM
Sometimes I hate Facebook...:lol: :( I hate how it decides when and if to show you posts. I suppose I should just go to everyone's individual page to keep up with their posts...but how much time would that take! :eek:

Anyway....I just saw these: Lori is Elaine/Noodle's daughter....

Lori @ 8:24pm on 11/25/14:
I need all of my prayer chain on my mom tomorrow spent another day in the hospital and now another surgery to undo the last one....
Please pray for clarity because I'm bit sure who is on first for her!

Lori @ 2pm on 11/26/14:
Mom is doing ok thanks to all that quickly responded to my prayer request. She is resting and sore but this too shall pass.
I am very thankful for all of you!
Have a very Blessed Thanksgiving! :heart:

Wish I had seen them sooner...but at least it wasn't weeks later! Thought everyone would want to know. :)

idylbrush
11-27-2014, 06:07 AM
Thank you Susan, I had tried to call her the other day and somehow someone hit the talk key but she was in the distant background sounding none to happy. She has had a rough go of it or so it seems.

idylbrush
11-27-2014, 06:38 AM
Thank you Ann, will give it a try.

asmith38
11-27-2014, 07:08 AM
Sorry Colin, but you already had yours ;).

Well, i'm up early to get started on the cooking, right? And what do I do??? I'm on WC! LOL!

PattiLou
11-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
I don't have to cook... I bought the turkey. :D My son-in-law is cooking and my daughter is baking. We are just going to partake in the meal and company. :thumbsup:

Susan, thanks for the update on Elaine. I've been wondering about her for quite awhile. (If Facebook stopped the ads it would be easier to keep up!)

Hope all of you have a wonderful day. It is cold here but the sun is shining. Yesterday it was stormy and dark all day. If you are in the snow be careful and safe. I will not be venturing out to shop... and I don't care what kind of bargains they say they are having. NOT going out in the crowd, it's a family day.

chammi kaiser
11-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Susan, thanks for the news re Elaine. I have been so concerned for her and it is horrible to think that she is suffering so much. I do so miss her loving, caring presence. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope you're all enjoying your poor old Turkeys!!!!:crying: :D

susme48
11-27-2014, 01:02 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2014/51170-Thanksgiving_Turkey_25.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2014/51170-thanksgiving-77.gif
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2014/51170-Tgiving.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2014/51170-thanksgiving.gif

And a wonderful day to all who won't be over-eating! :lol:

Love you all!!! :heart: :grouphug:

Charlie's Mum
11-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Susan - thanks for the update on Elaine ..... seems like one step forward and twenty back for her - poor lass. I think of her often though, so even if the message is late, the thoughts were still up and out there!:)

Mandi sounds great - bless her too :)

Happy Thanksgiving Day ........ and spare a thought for the turkeys :( :lol:

For us, it's veg-fest pizza! :lol:

RPut
11-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Wow, Spencer, what an absolute doll! I KNOW how much fun you are having!
Susan, good news for you and Mandi!
Thanks for the update on Elaine.

Ahh, I just made a pie--should have checked here for the crust! But it sounds similar so hopefully will be okay! Found this amazing picture on Pinterest and so tried it----mine sure isn't as pretty, but can't wait to try it!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2014/117502-544945_10203035383069860_5156698346182260173_n2.jpg

Sad news for us----we had to put down our Lucky Girl. She gave us 13 years of companionship and was a wonderful friend. She will be missed greatly, but I know she is chasing after tennis balls, eating licorice and popcorn and playing to her hearts content. But it sure is a quiet lonely house today. Here she is in her younger healthy years.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2014/117502-10526113_10203029509323020_1118306212086286387_n1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2014/117502-_MG_8671.JPG

I didn't get to give her a last hug......

Charlie's Mum
11-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Awww Ruthie - so sorry and I know exactly how you're feeling ... my heart is full for you. ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))).

idylbrush
11-27-2014, 05:33 PM
Ruth, so sorry to hear of your loss.

PattiLou
11-27-2014, 08:26 PM
(((Hugs))) Ruthie, so sorry for your loss. Labs are such nice dogs but no matter the breed we miss them when they leave us.

ColinS
11-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear that Ruthie. Sad time for you.

Fox_eNova
11-28-2014, 03:28 AM
Loss of a dog is the loss of a family member, heart breaker.
There is nothing we can say to lessen you sadness. (((((hugs))))

chammi kaiser
11-28-2014, 05:12 AM
My dear Ruthie, a warm loving hug from me. It is so sad to lose a beloved pet and member of the family. It takes a while for the pain to recede but eventually , as I experienced, the memories of all those happy times emerge over the heartache.

I chatted to Howard on the phone yesterday and he told me he had chatted to Elaine and she is so much better . I am sure he will give you the details himself.

idylbrush
11-28-2014, 06:33 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Nov-2014/36241-pies.jpeg

Left is an apple cranberry pie and on the right, pumpkin. Ann, thank you for the pie dough recipe, the crust was very flakey and short.

Had a very nice thanksgiving feast...replete with stuffing, gravy, sweet potato souffle, and of course turkey. I made a orange garlic butter to put between the breast and skin. Made it very delicious and moist.

Got a call from Chammi yesterday for holiday greetings. I was so surprised and delighted.

Elaine is doing okay, she had thanksgiving at home with family and we chatted at least 20 minutes. She sent her regards to all.

asmith38
11-28-2014, 12:47 PM
You're welcome, idylbrush. Those look so yummy!

Losing a pet is so hard! I feel for you, Ruth :(.

susme48
11-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Hugs, Ruth!!! I know that is not easy!

Howard...glad you got to talk to Elaine and Chammi both!! Nice gift for Thanksgiving! :)

Had a nice, but rather bittersweet day. Went with some friends to their family Thanksgiving. It was wonderful to be included, and the food was great! Watching them really made me miss my family tho'...

Then came home and to cheer myself up, put on the oldies music channel on tv and played with the surround sound. :lol: I found a setting or two my neighbors may not like. :angel: but I was really rocking. Ella does not like to dance...but she watched. :)

Lady Carol
11-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Ruthie, I am sorry. Hey but now you can get a puppy :)

idylbrush
11-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Made a pot of navy bean soup tonight. Used the pressure cooker, 25 minutes and it was ready. I put a ham hock in there and some carrots and celery, a couple bay leaves and let it rip. Hot soup and a turkey sandwich for dinner and some pie left over from yesterday, along with an avocado salad with feta cheese and greek dressing.

asmith38
11-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Dang, that's quite a menu! Ok everyone, dinner at IB's tomorrow night :D!

Fox_eNova
11-28-2014, 09:53 PM
With all this great food talk going on, I had to join in.
This was the turkey dinner I made for Thanksgiving, the perfect Roast, Au Jus with mushrooms, Parmesan/garlic twice baked potato wedges, sweet carrots.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Nov-2014/1714334-Roast.jpg

idylbrush
11-29-2014, 06:12 AM
Eric, good looking turkey (LOL).

Chilly here this morning. Have a light jacket on....in the house.

Worked in the studio a bit yesterday. Slow going out there.

chammi kaiser
11-29-2014, 07:21 AM
I could almost smell that turkey when I spoke to Howard. You guys really are bad for the figure posting all these delicious meals. I seem to be perpetually hungry after visiting the QDC. Off to buy supplies for a chicken pie!!!!:wave: :D

Charlie's Mum
11-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Wow, my mouth is watering with you two showing these delicacies! Not fair!!!
Eric, that 'turkey' looks remarkably like ours at Christmas!:lol:

ColinS
11-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Woke up to a centimetre of snow today! I was planning to go out to buy some materials for my Christmas Eve project, but the traffic will probably be chaotic since no one has seen snow for so long. :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Nov-2014/1183569-image.jpg

Say Chammi you seem to have been promoted to Moderator. Congratulations. :clap: Which Forum will you be moderating in?

Charlie's Mum
11-29-2014, 12:45 PM
I wondered when anyone would notice that Chammi is Green!!!
Her forum is Animal and Wildlife :)

Colin - snow!!!! :eek: :eek: It looks very cold - brrrr!

Just dank and dreary again here - mild at around upper 40sF - but miserably dark!

asmith38
11-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Good looking roast, Eric!
Brrr snow! It's 68F or 20C in my house, I have 3 long sleeve layers on and woolen socks. Did I mention I don't do cold?

Who has started their Christmas shopping?

ColinS
11-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Good looking roast, Eric!
Brrr snow! It's 68F or 20C in my house, I have 3 long sleeve layers on and woolen socks. Did I mention I don't do cold?

Who has started their Christmas shopping?

I did yesterday and today. :) A Fleetwood Mac CD for Nan as a concert souvenir and a frame for a painting of Ireland I am gong to give my mum. Nan is out buying us a new stove & fridge this afternoon (it started with a broken microwave oven this morning, :( by noon her idea had expanded to a include new range since the oven in the one we have has a glitch, and just now she phoned to tell me she is also picking up a new matching fridge because it's on "sale". ) I sure hope she gets home before deciding we need a new dishwasher too. I really shouldn't let her go out alone with a charge card :lol: :lol:

asmith38
11-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Dang Colin, be glad she didn't mention renovating the whole kitchen :D!

You're on the ball with the Christmas shopping :thumbsup: . I don't have much yet, an antique Chinese teapot for my mother in law. She collects them, and while it was made in China, it's really lovely. it's supposed to be about 100 years old.

I do have other presents, you guessed it... paintings which I hope will be appreciated :crossfingers: . I have a snow leopard for my daughter, two Greek landscapes for my parents, and a couple of cardinal birds for my in-laws. I'm trying to work on one for my husband but he's hard to surprise, always coming in to see what I'm painting :eek: !

Fox_eNova
11-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Aye, Colin, I can see Santa is bringing a total makeover of the kitchen.
Kitchen cabinets, etc. are all on sale this time of year...it's only money.:lol:
My Shopping's done! The big kids want/need cash and the short generation Grandma is shopping for.
Bought my bride a brand new floor-jack a few years back and she never used it,
so I gave up buying anything for her ;) I'm off the hook.

idylbrush
11-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Making 15 bean soup today, enough for everyone. Drop on by. Also making more mission cakes.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2014/36241-missioncakebase.jpeg
This will turn into this:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2014/36241-missioncakes.jpeg

No eggs, no dairy, no animal fats.

Did make it to the studio for a bit today. Added some more paint. It is starting to look like something may come of it.

PattiLou
11-30-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm thinking about beginning Christmas shopping... can't rush into things ya know. :D Actually I'm getting a list together but have to take care of a birthday first. Hard enough to think of a birthday gift for someone who buys everything he wants. :eek:

Nice sunny day and warming up. Wish it would just stay warm, don't like this roller coaster weather.

chammi kaiser
11-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Colin. I love Fleetwood Mac. Went to the Planetarium once in Hamburg and they had a brilliant show and in the bg was the music of Fleetwood Mac. It was really something. Wow, Nan certainly had a good time shopping. I think you definitely need to go along next time because who knows, she might have bought a new home.:D

Ann , I am sure the family are going to be chuffed with your paintings. When I don't want Pete coming into my studio , I put a big red dot on the door about the size of a beachball on the door. (Anything smaller and he wouldn't notice it. He is a typical hunter . 'Duhhh! see object - throw spear! - see nothing else Duhh!!'

Eric. What the heck is a Floor Jack? If it is what I think it is, no wonder she has never used it. What don't you try a Fork Lift next time. Maybe that will do the trick.:lol:

Howard - does that mean there are only 15 beans in your pot of soup ?:D Or fifteen varieties. I would be hard put to name 15 different types of beans!!!! Thanks for the invite. We will all be there at least virtually enjoying the feast. Tried your mission cake recipe. It was delicious . Disappeared pretty quickly. Intend baking some more for Christmas.

idylbrush
11-30-2014, 01:47 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2014/36241-Bakingday.jpeg

Baking day is done. Not to bad a stash of mission cakes.

15 bean soup is delicious.

PattiLou
11-30-2014, 02:13 PM
:lol: Chammi, more than 15 beans if he is going to feed all of us.
Here is a link (http://www.hurstbeans.com/products/1/15-bean-soup) I don't use the little seasoning packet when I make it, just add my own ham and seasoning. It's real good and also good for you.

chammi kaiser
11-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Thanks Patti. Good idea chucking in ham and using your own seasoning. Not sure where I will find all those beans but certainly sound delicious and I intend giving it a try. Great for a cold winter's evening.

Howard, that looks more like a bakery than a private kitchen. Wow, you have been a busy boy.

idylbrush
11-30-2014, 02:31 PM
I threw a ham hock in just to add that smokey flavor.

Blanched some carrots and celery for future soups, portion packed and in the freezer.

Ordered a credit card cube for the iPad.

Picked up easels for this coming Saturday.

Now to pack up soup for the refrigerator.

asmith38
11-30-2014, 03:15 PM
idylrush, I am so there! Your cooking and baking always looks so good! Better cover your floors, we're going to have a painting party after we eat :D. What's a credit card cube?

Chammi, here you can buy a package of the dried beans that already includes 15 types. Big red dot, I'll remember that :D.

Maureen, I have 2 birthdays close to Christmas. Now, why would e people have birthdays so close to the holidays :eek: ?

Eric, omg a floor jack??? Really!?! Reminds me of the one Mother's Day when hubby got me a bucket and a mop. Yes, I needed new ones, but no he didn't get a thank you kiss for those LOL!