PDA

View Full Version : On the Mountain: A Snail Mail Diary (mail art photo project) FEEDBACK please

MountainMan/CityBoy
10-31-2014, 05:24 PM
On the Mountain: A Snail Mail Diary
is a Postcard Art project that I did while working and living backcountry on a mountain in Colorado. I would post up more of it on the forum but it is fairly extensive. To check out the blog for it go to

snailmaildiary.tumblr.com

I was hoping I could get some feedback on the project, because I'm in the midst of preparing for ver 2.0 called On the Road: A Snail Mail Diary, so that I may continue the project while traveling through South America. My hope is to create an adventure story via mail correspondence. One of the main things I learned from doing this on the mountain was to focus the writing on one thought or story per card instead of trying to cram it "all" in I would love some more feed back and I should also have a video up soon(that is part of the project) and will be looking for feed back on that as well. For now here are two photos from a postcard I made during the day that I was filming most of the shots for the video. So please tell me what you think!

damar
10-31-2014, 05:38 PM
This is a photography forum.

man from ironbark
10-31-2014, 06:55 PM
Public libraries everywhere offer these facilities to you. All it costs is to join.

birdhs
11-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Please go to the Welcome Forum and introduce yourself.
you will also get all the info you need for posting and how this site works!

This project sounds interesting, but a bit vague in it's purpose.
is it an artist's journal, sketchbook/journal style
or is is a written journal with art?

or is it a photographic study.

YouTube might be a better format for today's social media focused market

adter your second post you can post phots, and perhaps then we can get a better idea of your ideas,

DrDebby
11-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, this is the right place for a journal. Welcome to the art journal forums.

However, in order to post links or pictures, you need to post another time or two. Please comment on someone else's journal or give us another post about you and your art. Then we can see your link and your pictures. :)