PDA

View Full Version : Question about contests

daydrmr317
10-02-2003, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking about entering some contests with my art, but I'm having a hard time finding contests!

How do you find out about them, and any hints for entering would be appreciated!

Thanks,

mona-K
10-02-2003, 03:03 PM
hi
search on the net, on google, or askjeeves for contests, or calls for artists.. there is so many contests and exhibitions.
heres one link to a site wich shows many contests and such.. http://www.xensei.com/users/adl/

ancelica

Dyin
10-02-2003, 03:51 PM
here's another...
http://www.artshow.com/juriedshows/index.html

one thing if you enter slides, make sure they are professional quality...initial decisions are made from hundreds of slides and they can make or break your chances of getting in. There are a lot of tips on site here, try the art business forum for more info...good luck!

CarlyHardy
10-02-2003, 03:56 PM
The Pastel Journal has a feature for "Exhibition Opportunities" giving slide deadlines for various shows/competitions.

Check with your local arts guild for shows in your local area. I try to enter competitions close to home to avoid the shipping of paintings....if accepted :)

There is a site online that is very helpful....sorry, don't have it at hand at the moment, but a search for "art competitions" might turn up something.
carly

mona-K
10-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Hei again
Yes its very important that the slides are of high quality.
The pictures should be taken in daylight, but not in sunlight if u are going to do it yrself.
Now many exhibitions and contests allow you to send photos over the internett, or ask for a link to your website.
Make sure all your photos are of the highest quality possible, and only of the painting itself, nothing of the background or frame.
Also watch out for hauxs, there have been some of them on the internett, check the website and that there have been previous contests or exhibitions by the ones announcing it.

good luck
ancelica