PDA

View Full Version : Painting together

NorahT
06-30-2001, 04:16 PM
:):)
This afternoon my granddaughter (5 1/2) and I had a painting session. I asked her if she would like me to show her how to paint flowers in watercolour, but she said no thank you she already knew how to paint flowers!

I tackled an exercise from lessons on the website of an artist named Donington. Below are our respective efforts.

NorahT
06-30-2001, 04:21 PM
And here is mine.

Todddarling
07-01-2001, 12:38 AM
They are both wonderful!! I have a niece that I am working with and she inspires me as much as I inspire her. Keep up the Great work both of you!! I'll try to get a picture or two of her's to show the group.

Todd:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rod
07-01-2001, 01:21 AM
Thats so wonderful being able to paint together with lovely results,
Rod.

MissMouse
07-01-2001, 07:05 AM
I just love the art of children. I hope your are going to frame the flowers. I am teaching an art class to children in a summer enrichment program. I would like to use your granddaughters picture, I am looking for art of other children as examples.
Would you please ask her if I might copy it and use it in my class. The children will be 4 to 6 year olds.

Gisele
07-01-2001, 07:27 AM
What a good idea to put both of your works up here! I am wondering if it could be a good idea as a "kids art summer project"... really wondering as it is raining again today....
And those two paintings are so refreshing! Love them!Gisele

NorahT
07-01-2001, 11:08 AM
Gisele, MissMouse, Rod, Todddarling - thank you all for such a warm response to this posting.

MissMouse - Emily happily gave the okay to using her painting for your summer art classes. She was intrigued that she was the artist and had to give permission for her work to be used :)

I had taped a piece of 140 lb paper to a board for her and got out my water colours and brushes. However, when I saw how vigorously she mixed the paint, I gently removed my treasured Isabey sable brush and substituted a synthetic one!

RuthT
07-03-2001, 08:51 PM
Hi Emily - I think yours and Nana's paintings are lovely. I hope I will see the originals someday.

Aunt Ruth

:) :) :)