PDA

View Full Version : Mailing a pastel

skappy
10-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Hello I do not hang out here so much as pastel is not my major medium but I ve to send a pastel on pastelmat by mail size 36 x 48 cm how do I protect it ? does it have to be fixed?
Robert:cat:

DAK723
10-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Here's an older thread that discusses some options:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614358

Don

robertsloan2
10-26-2014, 09:09 PM
I hope you have the box that big a piece of Pastelmat came in! Or is that centimeters not inches? Even so, big.

I cut a piece of foam board bigger than the art. Mount the art onto that with a little artist tape, tape glassine or tracing paper over that, then a second piece of foam board for an art sandwich. Tape that together very solidly so the art cannot shift. Then pack in a box so that packing fills in the entire space and it doesn't knock around. If it's a flat paper box or mat board box then other layers of cardboard, foam core, or crumpled newspaper would work, anything to make it a very solid padded package. I'd put the cardboard above and below it so the art sandwich is in the middle because a puncture could be from either side. And put the art sandwich in a plastic bag if I've got one, because punctures, wet, ill treatment.

Then, and this is important, insure the package. It never rains if you bring your umbrella. But if it gets folded in half by the post you can at least collect its value to you or the person who bought it.

skappy
10-27-2014, 02:54 AM
Thank you Don and Robert
Robert:cat:

robertsloan2
10-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Love your animated avatar, Robert. Someday we have to start the club of Roberts That Love Cats or something. Still love the yawning tiger in your signature too.

skappy
10-27-2014, 02:31 PM
Lol Robert I bet we re not the only Roberts :heart::cat: at least I hope:eek:
Robert