PDA

View Full Version : organic texture experiments

3Bak
10-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Tried playing this out with no real idea where it would lead, and in fact I think the overall composition isn't very good.. there's no real focal point and everything is kind of everywhere but it's been awhile since I posted so thoughts are welcome! A filmmaking friend of mine actually made a video of me working the whole process from start to finish, I saw a rough cut and it looks incredible--I just wish my painting was able to match! I'll share the vid if anybody is interested here once it's finished, thanks and cheers!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2014/1324494-photo_37.JPG

Charlie's Mum
10-09-2014, 05:08 PM
The individual textures are great! Some are silky and feather-like - lovely!
I agree the comp is not your best - seems a little top-heavy? I was wondering what it might look like upside down:lol: ... having just closed my programme I decided not to try it:lol:
I'd like to see the video though - if only it could get into your mind!!!;)

asmith38
10-09-2014, 09:26 PM
I think it is very good. I would add something that stands out in that empty orange space. The textures are amazing!

ColinS
10-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Have you ever played Cosmic Encounter, the "board" game? It is full of alien races and they should have had you do the art to illustrate them.

Very cool. Great study in textures.

chammi kaiser
10-10-2014, 04:56 AM
The individual textures are great! Some are silky and feather-like - lovely!
I agree the comp is not your best - seems a little top-heavy? I was wondering what it might look like upside down:lol: ... having just closed my programme I decided not to try it:lol:
I'd like to see the video though - if only it could get into your mind!!!;)

Could not have said it better. Would also love to see the video.

LavenderFrost
10-10-2014, 01:14 PM
I like it.

Wassie
10-10-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm not an abstract artist but I like this, composition, textures and colors. Maybe in the orange space just a hint of a tiny object that's off in the distance, like a person, maybe?

cem
10-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Very 3D like. Bold colors. Great texture.

3Bak
10-18-2014, 10:35 PM
My buddy released the video yesterday for those that were still interested in seeing the whole process, thanks for the responses! I could save myself so much time with solid ideas before I started painting, sometimes throwing paint and seeing what sticks works and then other times it's a battle :P Actually Charlie's Mum it started out on it's side, funny you mention! I tried flipping it a few ways, it's weird in all directions I guess.. ha, thanks for the replies and hope all your weekends are going swell!

http://youtu.be/sGLNA2d-wyo

TeaTrekkie
10-19-2014, 01:34 AM
Very cool, professional looking video! Your friend did a great job.