PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused between rods and canes

adigal
10-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Hi all,
I am new to beadmaking and full of questions, but I was just reading about the Moretti glass. It looks to be lovely, but when I go to Franz glass to check it out, I can only find rods. No canes. Can someone un-confuse me? Thanks,
Nancy

crec
10-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Hi Nancy,

I believe that the rods and canes that you are looking at are the same thing in this case. Rods are usually solid color. Canes can be solid color, or solid color encased in clear, or multiple colors or patterns in one rod.

You are probably already aware of this, but I'll put it out there anyway. Always make sure you are using the same type of glass (soft or boro) and similar COE otherwise the glass will break as it cools.

Carlos

adigal
10-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi Nancy,

I believe that the rods and canes that you are looking at are the same thing in this case. Rods are usually solid color. Canes can be solid color, or solid color encased in clear, or multiple colors or patterns in one rod.

You are probably already aware of this, but I'll put it out there anyway. Always make sure you are using the same type of glass (soft or boro) and similar COE otherwise the glass will break as it cools.

Carlos
Thank you, Carlos! Thank you!
Nancy