PDA

View Full Version : Daisy..first time pouring a glaze over painting!

ArtsyMom x3
10-03-2014, 12:09 AM
This is an acrylic painting of a daisy (obviously) but I tried the poured rosin glaze for the first time! MESSY but oh how much i DO love the outcome! 12" x 12", 1.5" thick gallery wrap. Putting this in a show along with the modeling paste attempt at a rose...posted on the Mixed media page...stepped WAYYY outside the box with these two. i'm a watercolorist and a portrait artist. these aren't my usual but boy did i enjoy doing them! Guess we'll see what folks think in person after the show judging! :angel:

idylbrush
10-03-2014, 04:52 AM
Enjoying them is a big part of the whole process. This is quite lovely. Nicely done.

gaykir
10-03-2014, 10:03 AM
This is beautifully done...my only regret is that I can't see it in real life!

LavenderFrost
10-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Lovely!

jmclea
10-03-2014, 12:59 PM
I am wondering if when entering a juried show requiring a digital image (like so many do these days) would it be better to take the photo before you do the pour? I know the effects of a final pour can be spectacular, but photographing them would probably be complicated. What are your thoughts?

ArtsyMom x3
10-03-2014, 01:48 PM
I am wondering if when entering a juried show requiring a digital image (like so many do these days) would it be better to take the photo before you do the pour? I know the effects of a final pour can be spectacular, but photographing them would probably be complicated. What are your thoughts?

I completely agree! I don't even think I would bother to enter it into such a show...U really can't get the effect thru a photo at all! But the painting looks completely different after the pour than before. And U know, your not supposed to change a THING from the picture U submit. It has to be identical or they can/will decline it upon receipt!

Ferlian
10-03-2014, 02:20 PM
If you want a digital version after doing the pour you could still bring it to a professional place. I know from photography that a polarising filter will most probably do the job and there must be scanners who are equipped with something like this.

Ferlian

ColinS
10-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Very beautiful. There's a nice quality to the finish.

os2013
10-04-2014, 04:28 AM
This looks great. What is rosin glaze? I tried to check online but did not find much. Thanks!

ArtsyMom x3
10-04-2014, 05:27 AM
Very beautiful. There's a nice quality to the finish.
I should have looked at the box and stated exactly what it was in my original post! It's called "pour on" high gloss finish. And it's actually a RESIN/polyamine mixture that becomes HARD once mixed together and poured on any surface. Turns into like a hard plastic...sort of what you see sometimes on restaurant tables? Where menus or pictures and such are permanently under a thick glossy hard finish. It's made by "EnviroTex lite". Box says that one pour equals 50 layers of poly!

Charlie's Mum
10-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Love the painting even I can't see the 'glaze! ..... would like to have seen a 'before and after' sequence!:)

ArtsyMom x3
10-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Love the painting even I can't see the 'glaze! ..... would like to have seen a 'before and after' sequence!:)
I took pics all along the way, I'll post a WIP with it when I get some time!

asmith38
10-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Monique,
That is beautiful! I have some of that 2-part resin, have never done anything with it because I'm afraid of it *blush*. Did you do that outdoors?

Priti
10-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Lovely painting and i like the high gloss look. Can you tell us more about your process, like which brand of resin did you use, how long did it take to dry , were there fumes? etc Thank you.

bluemoonstar
10-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Lovely! I've never used a resin before either, but it looks wonderful - I'll bet its even better in real life!