PDA

View Full Version : Unison 120 Half Stick Color Chart

julieindvik
10-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a color chart or list of the 120 Unison Half Stick Set?

I just printed Saskia's Unison Chart (thank you for doing this) and I want to fill in my set. I bought the 72 Landscape set, Johns, and the Roz 136. Checking off Saskia's list and of course 16 duplicates(pleased it was so low) I am still missing 224 sticks. Would be nice....yes I know I am dreaming, if I could be as lucky with a low overlap with the 120 half sticks.

Funny with the sets I bought I didn't get a single Orange, turquoise value, or Natural Earth! Guess I have some big holes!

I do like the idea of the Great Americans and other brands who have the value based sets but for me Unison is my workhorse and I love the colors! I am drooling over Saskia's GA set. The stacked boxes would make that doable in my small studio!

Saskia
10-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Julie, Rob posted one in your thread about the Unisons in the Roz box, along with pictures. That's the set he has.

I'm glad you are finding that chart useful! I like to print it on drawing paper and spray it with a workable fixative before filling it in. It grabs better!

Edit: Guess I'll post a link to the thread I was talking about for others.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356375

There is a picture in post #4, and a color list in #10.

learningtopaint
10-01-2014, 08:00 PM
All color charts are posted on Dakota Pastels.

Barbara WC
10-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Dakota doesn't have the 120 half stick contents listed.

Dick Blick does, under "Unison Sets" and look for the second tab "Item Spec"- that gives contents of all the sets they sell, including the half stick sets. Here is a link (hopefully it takes you to the Item Specs page):
http://www.dickblick.com/products/unison-handmade-pastel-sets/#itemspecs

julieindvik
10-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Saskia, I remembered Robert posting the photo but had forgotten he also listed the numbers, thank you!

Barbara, I checked out Blick before posting since you have previously posted they listed sets. I was obviously looking in the wrong place. I clicked on the item number and only found the listing page and the tab for photos, not the specs. So thank you for posting the link...I must be web challenged!

I try to do my research before posting here. I looked at Dakota first, did a Google search and had no luck. Thank you both for helping me!

I crossed checked the sets and there are 65 duplicates so that won't work. Guess I can do open stock. Again, the list was very helpful.

Nick7
10-04-2014, 03:29 PM
I am not sure if anybody has mentioned this, but you can find Unison handmade color charts here:
http://www.grandportraits.co.uk/pastel-colour-charts.html

Does anyone know how lightfast Unison pastels are? I can't find any info about it.
Thank you :)

robertsloan2
10-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Oh these sound lovely. Dakota Pastels also has handmade charts for the full range for $35, which is a bit less but they are not laminated, just lightly fixed. Dakota uses an 8 1/2" x 11" format so you could get binder sleeves to keep the chart pages in with theirs, but smearing might be more of a problem than with Glyn's. Would be very useful for filling in corners and choosing open stock!

Of course I had to drool at the full range set. Sigh... someday... after I'm 62... and sell quite a lot of art... I do love Unisons and the photos of Glyn's charts showed the colors so vivid!