PDA

View Full Version : one for the moderators or tech bods

jackiesimmonds
09-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Every time I post to the forums, I get a page back saying this:

Post Successful, messaging could not be referenced in the DB. Error 0x9381

Is it just me? If so, how do I prevent this?

Yorky
09-30-2014, 08:22 AM
A much reported error Jackie, usually your post is fine if you go back and refresh.

Doug

Blayne
09-30-2014, 10:03 AM
That happens to me, too. Sometimes it happens when I am posting at the same time someone else is posting, and I see their new post when I go back and refresh the page. I originally thought that was the cause of the error, but I later found I also get the error when I don't see a new post by someone else.

Colorix
09-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Me too, and it has been like that for... a couple of months at least.

Edit: when I posted this, it didn't happen. Amazing.

jackiesimmonds
09-30-2014, 06:26 PM
ok will double check, but I do not think that refreshing helps. I have to start all over each time, it is very frustrating.

jackiesimmonds
09-30-2014, 06:28 PM
and it did not happen to the post above. Usually happens when I post an image tho...let's try

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2014/1805-thumbnail_for_golden_field059.jpg

no this worked ok. How odd. Maybe just mentioning it has caused the glitch to run away...........:clap:

Yorky
09-30-2014, 06:58 PM
It is an intermittent bug Jackie.

Doug

Saskia
09-30-2014, 07:16 PM
I've had that for the past two months or so, like Charlie says. It seems like a mild database corruption issue. The error basically means that the page the database is telling the browser to redirect you to does not exist. It doesn't mean the post did not go through. If Jackie's posts are not going through, that would be something more serious.

Before this error there used to be another one that said the post wasn't successful because some error had occurred, but if you ignored it and went back to see the thread, you would see that in fact your post was there. It was this error that caused a lot of people to try posing the same thing again and end up with double posts. I just assumed the techs had changed the error to reflect what was actually happening.

Yorky
09-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Sadly we can't communicate with the techies (if they exist) only through the F+W administrator and we get little feedback from them.

Doug

*Deirdre*
09-30-2014, 08:16 PM
No, not a word sighs...and it happens to most of us.:(

Saskia
09-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Sadly we can't communicate with the techies (if they exist) only through the F+W administrator and we get little feedback from them.

Doug
I'm laughing at that "if they exist" part. I did try to contact someone a while back when I offered to fix that avatar problem we've been having, and got no response. I've given up.

Happily, I doubt this current issue will be as problematic.

robertsloan2
09-30-2014, 09:17 PM
I get it intermittently too and can't find anything to correlate whether it'll go through or not. Sometimes an image post will do that. Sometimes one that's only text. It doesn't seem to matter - and after several of them it'll start showing up as normal.

Pretty annoying, I hope they fix it.

Barbara WC
10-01-2014, 02:05 AM
I don't get it intermittently, I get it every time :(

jackiesimmonds
10-01-2014, 05:22 AM
well, if the powers that be do not bother to listen and do not bother to fix things, they will slowly lose their audience.

Yorky
10-01-2014, 05:53 AM
You can imagine our frustration Jackie when we can't get things fixed.

The site needs drastic remodelling but there is a danger of losing all the valuable information we have built up over the years.

Doug

Saskia
10-01-2014, 06:19 AM
The data on the servers can be backed up, just as you can back up your hard drive at home. In this day and age there is no reason for anyone to ever lose information. I certainly hope they are taking those measures.

Yorky
10-01-2014, 07:07 AM
I sure hope so. The problem is that many of the features are bespoke add-ons which might not be compatible with the latest version of the vBulletin forum software. In fact several were lost during the last software upgrade a few years ago.

Doug

Saskia
10-01-2014, 07:36 AM
Yes, I know this is an obsolete version of vBulletin. It's the same one used by some colleagues of mine who run a forum, and they are in the process of replacing it. Losing features would be unfortunate, but I think most people would prefer it to having a mess where nothing works. As you said, it's the information the site has collected that is valuable. Many of the features are not working now anyway.