PDA

View Full Version : TL's customer service-solved :)

Nick7
09-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone have ever gotten into touch with TL. Over the last six weeks I tried three times. Using either their email address or their contact form. I used different emails to avoid spam problems. I wanted to make quite a big order, but never received an answer.

I don't have a FB account and I am hesitant to make a phone call from Europe.

I don't know. Is this their standard customer service? :(

robertsloan2
09-27-2014, 07:14 PM
I had trouble with the website and called him, got Terry himself and it was great. He helped me place my order and apologized for the site problems. I don't know why your email didn't get through.

That sounds so frustrating because you're in Europe and calling would mean calculating time zones so that you get him during his business hours. I'm not sure what's up with the email but his site gave him trouble during the Mystery Box event.

Blayne
09-28-2014, 09:42 AM
I would be happy to try to call TL for you tomorrow during business hours to tell them to contact you by PM but I don't know if they are members of WC. Can a non-registered user of WC send a PM? Or if you want to PM me your email address, I could let them know to contact you.

robertsloan2
09-28-2014, 10:00 AM
I think Terry is a member of WC, I saw him comment on another thread once. Great idea!

Muffin_4377
09-28-2014, 01:36 PM
yes Terry is a registered WC member.

He used to pop in quite often to chat with us in the WC chatroom, when it used to be up and running...
*sigh, I miss that place

Nick7
09-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Thank you very much :wave:

Blayne, your offer is incredibly generous, thank you.

I noticed Terry's answer in one thread some time ago, but I can't recall his nickname. I believe he used to be a WC's sponsor.

Yes, it's frustrating. It took me for ever to made up my mind. The main reason why I am hesitant to call is not the different time zone though. I don't trust my English over the phone :(
I wonder what would I do if I pay for my order and they'll stop communicating again. This is so strange behavior.

Blayne
09-28-2014, 06:53 PM
I sent you a PM, Nick. Hope it helps!

I don't recall the WC chat room. I guess the Monthly Scumble is intended to take its place?

jakertanner
09-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone have ever gotten into touch with TL. Over the last six weeks I tried three times. Using either their email address or their contact form. I used different emails to avoid spam problems. I wanted to make quite a big order, but never received an answer.

I don't have a FB account and I am hesitant to make a phone call from Europe.

I don't know. Is this their standard customer service? :(

nick, try this email: Marie Ludwig <[email protected]>

Blayne
09-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Nick, I sent a PM but will let everyone know I was able to get through to TL by phone without a problem. I just spoke with Beth at TL and she said they will contact you via the email address you gave me. She was very apologetic and did not understand why they didn't receive your emails. She said there were four or five days when they had trouble with their website but doesn't know if that is the reason your emails didn't go through. At any rate, hopefully you will soon hear from them. I also told her someone had posted an email address for Marie at TL, and she confirmed that is a working email address you could use. Here's hoping you soon hear from them! Of course I told Beth we love TL's and also told her where to find this thread on WC, so maybe Terry or Marie will post a response.

Nick7
09-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Thank you very much, Blayne. I admit that if it wasn't TL I would gave up long time ago. I have checked the email I sent in August, and the email address was right. Then I used their contact form twice couple of weeks later.
Maybe their spam filter is too strict or something.

Thank you again for your kind help.

Blayne
09-29-2014, 01:45 PM
You're welcome, Nick--it was a small thing to do for a fellow artist, and I was happy to be able to help. Please let us know the outcome.

Nick7
09-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Thank you again. I will :)

Colorix
09-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Another reason for email going astray: I've had problems with TL in that respect, and it was due to the US refusing to distribute email from my country (because of some hacker thingy). As far as I was able to figure it out, a ban was once implimented, and then lifted, but not all server providers did the necessary lifting. (Can't claim I fully understand, but it was something like what I said...)

That was some time ago, but there was recently a ban on email from Denmark. So it could be something similar again.

Through my website I have an US email account, and that went through without a hickup.

Nick7
09-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Thank you Charlie,

Marie has kindly contacted me, and I can confirm that she did answer my email from August. But I have never received her email. I have checked all spam folders, but no luck.
We are not sure about the messages posted in their contact us form. But I am glad there is someone "on the other end of the line". :)

robertsloan2
09-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Glad you were able to get in touch with them! Terry was awesome on the phone and I've always been happy with their pastels. Hope you'll get to enjoy them soon!