PDA

View Full Version : Daily painting - Landscape

Sarah Edgecumbe
09-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Hi Guys

Last night did this daily painting (bit ambitious for a daily painting, but still took only 2 hours).

I would have like to do more... but a huge SPIDER crawled across my painting light and i freaked out. went to get the spray and it was gone gone gone gone gone!!!!! It was awful. So here it is slightly unfinished. i HATE spiders.

C&C
I was about to fix the reflection of the church on the back shore when the spider struck so it is rather wonky.

Appreciate any advice and i will do some little edits today.

it is 8x10 inches on panel

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Sep-2014/981038-01b3a5dbed92f0a292328ebe9a65bd7b0e69d8262e.jpg

SilverLady
09-23-2014, 07:59 PM
I like very much. Waiting for the finished painting. Best of luck.

Lady Carol
09-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Great start. Just check the warf, it looks as though it is going up hill.

Sarah Edgecumbe
09-23-2014, 11:30 PM
doh.... yes you are right... Thanks Carol :-) Thanks Silverlady

Why is it that you dont see these things until you put them on the screen. Now i can't look at it . Anything else??

*runs away to fix it*

Sarah

opainter
09-23-2014, 11:38 PM
I would have like to do more... but a huge SPIDER crawled across my painting light and i freaked out. went to get the spray and it was gone gone gone gone gone!!!!! It was awful. So here it is slightly unfinished. i HATE spiders.

Appreciate any advice

:wave: Hi Sarah!

Have I got some advice for you!

You have to be aggressive with spiders. You know that they have ESP, don't you? That's why, when you look at them, they look back at you and get ready to run. Killing the crunchy little things is lots of fun. All you need is quick reflexes and good aim. Splat! :lol:

asmith38
09-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Sarah,
That is amazing, only 2 hours??? WOW!!!

Sarah Edgecumbe
09-24-2014, 12:32 AM
doh.... yes you are right... Thanks Carol :-) Thanks Silverlady

Why is it that you dont see these things until you put them on the screen. Now i can't look at it . Anything else??

*runs away to fix it*

Sarah

Sarah Edgecumbe
09-24-2014, 12:35 AM
:wave: Hi Sarah!

Have I got some advice for you!

You have to be aggressive with spiders. You know that they have ESP, don't you? That's why, when you look at them, they look back at you and get ready to run. Killing the crunchy little things is lots of fun. All you need is quick reflexes and good aim. Splat! :lol:

you DO know where i live don't you... QLD AUSTRALIA.... :-) spiders here are the size of a small tank and whack rather a nasty bite. This was was the size of my hand and then some :-) :lol: :lol: :lol: so not so sure about "little" *grin* although it is MUCH harder to miss a dinner plate sized spider than an little one...

Sorry i am missing posts at the moment... not sure why :-)

Smoker
09-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Very warm and humid, teaming with life. Very beautiful.

Mythrill
09-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Hi Guys

Last night did this daily painting (bit ambitious for a daily painting, but still took only 2 hours).

C&C
I was about to fix the reflection of the church on the back shore when the spider struck so it is rather wonky.

Appreciate any advice and i will do some little edits today.

it is 8x10 inches on panel

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Sep-2014/981038-01b3a5dbed92f0a292328ebe9a65bd7b0e69d8262e.jpg

Sarah, this is incredibly beautiful. You paint sunsets really well.

LavenderFrost
09-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Very nice, you did a lot in two hours.

I hate spiders too. They are mostly small here but it doesn't matter how small it is, it's still a spider lol.

ColinS
09-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Very nice Sarah. Good advice about the perspective on the wharf. Toy really got a good glow in the sky and reflected in the water.

Charlie's Mum
09-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Lovely glow, good trees, very nice water - you know about the reflections on the far shore so just sort out the perspective on the wharf and 'Bingo!' - you're done!

Are you OK about perspective? If not, there's a classroom thread in the Information Kiosk :)

susme48
09-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Really nice!! I HATE spiders!! Yuck!! :)