PDA

View Full Version : Oil pastel lost

Luvy
09-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Well this is working with oil pastel and I'm lost in this orchid. AH anyway. Let me know if this is what it's suppose to look like? I've used baby oil. I hate turpenol. I switched to water solubeable oil paints before I started pastels. Hated the mess of turp. Ok Off to cook supper AGAIN I hate to cook.

Dyin
09-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Luvy, you have a great start! How is the oil working? What paper are you using? You just need to work a little more on highlights...you can scrape back lightly in places and then the light will show better too....are you having fun yet????:D

Mo.
09-30-2003, 07:59 PM
You sure took the bull by the horns Luvy, super first try... I wouldn't use baby oil myself, far better to use a drying medium for oils such as Liquin, especially if you don't like turps... but you can get odourless turps you know... I use turps and liquin when it's needed, but not all the time.

Keep at it girl.. you are doing well... what pastels did you buy?

Mo.:)

Greeble
10-01-2003, 06:52 AM
Oil pastels are fun, no?

I have seen water soluble oil pastels, you can use
water instead of turps for them. I don't remember
the brand name... I will have to see if I can find out.

Jen

Luvy
10-01-2003, 09:02 AM
Well I'm still lost I finished that one but I'm not thrilled with op. :( They're like colored pencils. And I tried those before too.

Mo I tried the turp and that seems to take most the color off. It's not working for me. I must be doing something wrong. I used an acrylic paper by Doler Rowney. Oil didn't work too badly. But these are really hard to use