PDA

View Full Version : Unison Question

stapeliad
08-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Ok folks, I searched and could not find the answer to my question...

Unisons. Labels. They are really stuck on there. How do you get them off? I haven't had this problem with any other brand.

allydoodle
08-28-2014, 05:28 PM
I take an exacto knife and gently slice the label lengthwise to open it up, and it should come off easily. It can get a bit messy, as some dust is made, but it works. Make sure the exacto knife is sharp, then you don't have to press very hard.

pastel65
08-28-2014, 05:32 PM
To be honest, I usually break the stick and leave the label on the part it stays attached to and store. When time to use that other piece label easy to tear since it usually extends beyond the section of pastel.

Some people break them in to thirds and keep the piece with the label till last so they know what color to reorder.

I'm sure you will get some other ideas from people.

Pam

robertsloan2
08-28-2014, 05:36 PM
I peeled first and broke them in half, but I had to rip the labels doing so and it got a little messy when I did my set of 72. Still it was worth it. The box had a chart of the colors so I didn't have to save the labels.

*Deirdre*
08-28-2014, 07:33 PM
To be honest, I usually break the stick and leave the label on the part it stays attached to and store. When time to use that other piece label easy to tear since it usually extends beyond the section of pastel.

Some people break them in to thirds and keep the piece with the label till last so they know what color to reorder.

I'm sure you will get some other ideas from people.

Pam
I do that too...the when I have to start the piece in the label - order a new one.

Saskia
08-29-2014, 02:28 AM
I use a pin to get under the label and rip it off. You're right, they're hard!

stapeliad
08-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks all!

i might spend my Friday night peeling labels off Unisons.

Which is pretty sad I know...... :(

allydoodle
08-29-2014, 02:45 PM
And yes, do break them in half!! I forgot to mention that. They are much nicer to use when broken in half. Save one half in the box with the label, east to identify the color If you need to. Or...... Make up a plein air set with the other halves!! That's what I did, mixed with other brands I also broke in half.

Barbara WC
08-29-2014, 04:48 PM
I do what Pam and Diedre do- I think...

I take the stick with the label still on, and break the stick in the middle by holding onto the stick with both hands (fingers and thumbs gripping firmly) and just "snap" the stick.

Unisons snap pretty neatly in my experience. After I've snapped the stick in half (still in the label), one end or the ether usually easily slides out, and I just leave the other half of the stick in the label and store the stick. Occasionally, after breaking in half, neither side wants to slide out of the label, then I just carefully peel the label very slowly.

robertsloan2
08-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Barbara, thanks for describing it because I broke some of mine that way and it worked really well.

Chris, wow, YES, oh that really could work! Of course you suggested that after I ordered 60 Rembrandt half sticks. But I could always swap them out with the Unisons! :D