PDA

View Full Version : Airbrush question

MJGresko
08-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Sorry for asking questions about topics that have been discussed before but I haven't been able to locate the answer to this. I'm still trying to come to some sort of fix for my spotty board and what it comes down to now is I have purchased an airbrush and I've sanded off the matte finish on the black and I'm hopefully going to re-ink the black. My other fix was going to put a coat of black shoe polish on it. Looked ok on an old board but just not sure about doing that. Anyway do you dilute the ink or use full strength when you airbrush?I hope to try this tomorrow so a quick answer would be helpful. Thanks!

ggart4u
08-23-2014, 07:57 PM
I do multiple, thin coats of diluted ink - let it dry between coats.

MJGresko
08-23-2014, 08:51 PM
What is the ratio of ink to water? And since I am only covering the solid black areas is it necessary to dilute?

lorna12
08-25-2014, 03:06 AM
If you're reasonably sure the ink on the board will match what it is being sprayed on, I'd go full strength. Test it on a scrap piece first.

MJGresko
08-25-2014, 08:28 AM
Well after spraying diluted ink,full strength ink, I got absolutely no where, so as a last resort I ended up with the black shoe polish. I still have uneven black but since it is now behind glass the glare from the glass makes it slightly less noticeable. I'm just not going to offer it for sale and hope with the lighting at the gallery it won't be so bad.My husband says it looks fine but his standards aren't as high as mine. Major disappointment overall.