PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo needles

Bellaire
08-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Hi I am new to this forum and also starting out in scratchart. I am hoping you can help me. I was watching a video by Diana Lee demonstrating how to scratch a light globe from 2012 International Scratchart Conference and Diana was using a holder with five tattoo needles in it. Diana said she got it from amazon. I cannot find it on amazon. Does anybody know the name and if I can get it Australia. As I get more organised I will start posting my work. Cheers Bellaire :

Foxyheart2002
08-16-2014, 02:40 PM
It is actually a holder she got from Amazon (Mechanical pencil?) into which she put a tattoo needle that had the looped end cut off. The needles come with a long shank with a loop at the end. She cut off the shank so it fit into the holder like a pencil lead would do.

You can also use the needles without a holder. I do and so do some others. You just hold it at the point where the tines are soldered onto the shank. You can run your fingers up and down the tines to get it stiffer or more flexible for different etching qualities.

I use tats more than anything else anymore. Good luck!

ggart4u
08-16-2014, 03:12 PM
This is the one that I use. I just don't use the lead marker. It's strong enough to hang on to the tattoo needles. I can't hold on to just the needle bar because of my arthritis.
http://www.amazon.com/Silver-StreakŪ-Fineline-Metal-Markers-silver/dp/B004HMC7JE/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408216291&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Markall+silver+streak+holder

Bellaire
08-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks Sue and Ginger for your help. Ginger I had a look at the one you use and it is ideal and they ship to Australia. Kind regards Eileen