PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 30th September.

Mo.
09-29-2003, 09:26 PM
G'morning all... it's now the last day of September here... 30 days have September, April, June and......... Ummmm err.... Ah... November..... Soon be Christmas :D:D.... but before then we have Halloween ...spooky hey... who wants to do a Halloween project? Hmmmm?.... The there's November Good old Guy Fawkes ... bonfire night... fireworks and bangers squids up yer legs. ouchy... sparklers... baked potatoes and roast chesnuts.. have I inspired you all? :D:D:D :evil: ;)

Mo.:)

Mo.
09-29-2003, 09:31 PM
Just remembered something before I go to bed, how do you get a decent tiny head from your own work? I changed mine but it looks extra tiny compared to others... any help anyone?

Night nite..

Mo.:)

E-J
09-30-2003, 04:25 AM
Morning Mo!

The max size for a tinyhead is 60 x 60 pixels, but yours isn't square ... it's 60 wide but only 46 high. You need to include a bit more of the image from above and/or below the swan.

I'm off to work now :( Catch up with you later :)

Gaka
09-30-2003, 04:49 AM
Hi Mo

I just copied your Tinyhead and put it into a folder. I then went into a program that I have called Thumbs Plus and cropped it to 60x60 and saved it as a jpg file.

On your original you will need to crop it to an equal square, I suggest that you crop it before reducing it to 60x60 and save it, you know the steps for a Tinyhead after this....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2003/14892-untitled_Mo.jpg

Geeeez that vote thingy on my WIP was quick!!!

Bonfire night, gee that was a loooong time ago. I think that they called it Empire night here in Aust. many many years ago. Maybe someone could correct me if it is wrong. Fireworks are illegal to sell or to buy here unless you are an authorised Fireworks expert....Gopod old days eh!

I hope you are feeling better, Seeya Gaka

Gaka
09-30-2003, 04:51 AM
Actually it is only 44x44 Mo...re....the smaller size.

Gaka

sundiver
09-30-2003, 07:57 AM
I guess I'm the first one up on this continent! We've got our own little time zone out here. I get to work early because I commute w/spouse, then settle at the computer for 15 min with my coffee-actually tea this morning. This is when I get to see the art work in normal colors. (I'll post what I see on my monitor at home)
Then I get ready for classes, the kids arrive, and it's controlled bedlam for the rest of the day! I love my job, but it would also be nice to paint all day.........
Here is the plein air I posted to the Weekly Sketches last week, the way it looks on my monitor!

Greeble
09-30-2003, 08:27 AM
Im up Im up... :o

zzzZZzzzZZzzzZZZzz

Jen

Dyin
09-30-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm up...I think...maybe. Hey, kind of looks cool like that...is it time for a new monitor? me thinks so...
We only have turkey day here...though I bet the turkeys wish we'd celebrate with fireworks instead.

Adrienne
09-30-2003, 10:39 AM
Hi All,

Do you guys do this thread every morning? What a neat way to start the day!!!

Mo, I have been admiring your tinyhead the way it was (wider than tall). It is a perfect crop for that image as a tinyhead, and may be one of my all-time top 5 tinyheads on WetCanvas...

Just my yawnified 2cents :eek:

E-J
09-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Wendy, your pic does have a kind of psychedelic charm ... you could enter it for the 'Purple Passion' project :D

Tonight I won't be pastelling but trying my hand at stitching and textiles ... colour me clueless about this ... we can only guess what kind of an abomination I'll end up making!!

bnoonan
09-30-2003, 02:39 PM
Morning all - at least it's still morning at this part of the world.

Another glorious day of sunshine and I'm running errands instead of painting - just not fair.

Wendy - I think you need a few warmer colors on that monitor. Perhaps a screen of raw sienna will help. Yikes!!!

Fireworks sound good right now. I was listening to an interview about the late George Plimpton and hearing about his fascination with fireworks.

Ok... I'll be quiet now...

Barb

bnoonan
09-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Not ready to sign off yet - I'm avoiding the projects I have to do...

Here's a photo I took at the farmer's market recently and really look forward to painting one of these days.

Barb

Mo.
09-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the help folks... here's the tinyhead 60x60, now after reading Adrienne's post dunno whether to change it or not.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2003/5154-grace_tinyhead.jpg
What do you think?
:D

Wendy your monitor is seriously colour challenged... time for a new one!

Barb! Paint it now......PAINT IT NOW!!!
it's a beautiful photo and I know your painting of it will be better... can't you hear it calling you:D

Dyin
09-30-2003, 06:58 PM
Geez, Barb, that ALREADY looks like a painting! Not trying to pull a fast one areya????:evil: :D Really, forget one of these days...you take gorgeous pics...this would be a lovely card, but still want to see it painted....
Mo, I like the new one...

bnoonan
09-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Mo - I like the newer tiny head too.

I will paint the irises at some point - but I have a few things on my plate at the moment.

B

Adrienne
09-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Mo, it is beautiful with that reflection or whatever is going on below the neck. I change my vote.

Mo.
09-30-2003, 08:38 PM
I know Barb... but you will paint it eventually I know.;)

So I guess I'll change my tinyhead... Adrienne.... it's not a reflection, here's the link to the full pic if you'd like to see it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110309

My kitchen is still in demolition mode, does anybody else have a hubbie like mine? He spent about an hour looking for a tool he was using and couldn't find. sheesh.. so I really gave him a kick up the proverbial... told him to get organised... said he should have a toolbox..... he disappears into his workshop/garage... comes back with a toolbox...completely empty.. then stands there with that sort of look and starts to put all his tools one by one into the box....sheesh men!

Dyin
09-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Whoa, Mo...yours must be evolved! Mine would have ME searching for an hour, and of course I'd find it RIGHT where he looked, then I'd have to get a toolbox and find the other tools one by one, right where he looked for THOSE...

soap
10-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Hi guys! Love your tinyhead Mo!
Toolbox.......ours is overflowing....how many toolboxes are we going to end up with? Indeed, if a tool is missing......I would hear 'where did YOU put that tool'?? LOL!