PDA

View Full Version : Digital Art

raven4ns
08-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Hello,
For those that use software to turn their images into digital paintings, what program(s) do you use? The software suggestions I am looking for are those that do the painting for you, however, you are able to change the parameters giving you input into the process and the final look of the photo-art.
I would like comments from people who are using the software and why they like it. When it comes to painting, I would enjoy the final outcome without needing the talent to paint it myself, I have enough frustration in my life already....lol. Thank you.

LavenderFrost
08-14-2014, 11:48 AM
It sounds like what you are interested in is photo manipulation. A popular program for that would be Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements which is cheaper. Or you could try Gimp, which is free. They also have filters that you could play around with.

Daibhi
08-14-2014, 04:54 PM
For what you are looking for there probably isn't much better than AlienSkin's SnapArt plugin for Photoshop. It has a lot of different styles of paint effect and each is highly customizable.
Daibhi.

Elainepsq
08-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Yes, there are so many different plugins for photoshop out there that you can easily find online. There is also Topaz and Perfect Effects, which you may enjoy as a photographer.

Elaine

Elainepsq
08-14-2014, 10:43 PM
My personal favorite for Digital painting is Artrage. You can download the free trial, and try importing your photos and then painting into them. It's very intuitive. The trial will let you do just about everything for as long as you like EXCEPT print, without a watermark.

raven4ns
08-31-2014, 08:36 AM
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I appreciate them. Once I recover from my computer problems and get caught up on some of my projects I will need to make a decision on the software. Thank you again.

DavidAC2014
09-06-2014, 05:19 PM
If you mean strictly photo to painting filters, then the best software I know of is Fotosketcher:

http://www.fotosketcher.com/

It has a lot of parameters to play around with.

koalablue
11-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Photo manipulation is one form but another is PhotoPainting. You can use a painting software like Corel Painter for this. Photoshop and PaintShop Pro will also enable you to paint photographs.