PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Mowry DVD

julieindvik
08-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the Elizabeth Mowry Misty Morning DVD? I believe it is the only DVD she has done. It was filmed by Phil Bates at the 2011 ISPA (hope I got those letters right).

I have found a few local pastel societies that offer it for rental to its members but have not found it for sale. I love Elizabeth's work and would enjoy seeing the DVD.

Thank you!

Julie

julieindvik
08-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Oops....IAPS

Colorix
08-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Phil is a WC member, so you can contact him through the member list.

Otherwise, try http://www.reelpainters.com/

julieindvik
08-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Charlie,

Thank you for the link. My Elizabeth Mowry DVD is on its way! I have been searching for it for some time now with no luck, I really appreciate your help!

I love her work and would like to take a workshop when my skills get a little better. Hoping the DVD will show me a few things in the meantime.

I just got an Albert Handell DVD and it showed close ups of him blending pastel with a pastel, different kinds of marks and how he rolls his pastel. It was really helpful. An eye opener really.

My only fear of getting the Elizabeth Mowry DVD is I will want to buy her Girualt pastel set!

Nick7
08-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Julie, you are such a tease :D I like her style very much. But I have just bought two books, so this has to wait.
Enjoy and paint a lot!! :)

julieindvik
08-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Nick the DVD was only $14 including shipping! Which of her books do you have?

julieindvik
08-16-2014, 02:43 PM
I got the DVD on Friday(ordered Wednesday) and it is wonderful! What a delightful person and beautiful artist Elizabeth is. It was a joy to watch her work!

This DVD is one of the best I have seen. Not only because of Elizabeth but, I heard Phil Bates did the filming. The close up viewing of her delicate strokes and finger push blending are well shown. I have seen lots of pastel videos filmed further away and it's difficult to really see what the artist is doing.

Thanks again Charlie and Phil Bates!

Nick7
08-16-2014, 03:17 PM
This sounds so tempting :)
I haven't gotten her books, but different ones. Sorry for not being clear.

robertsloan2
08-16-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm confused because that link leads to a Dawn Emerson DVD series - different painter, different style. I couldn't navigate to get to an Elizabeth Mowry DVD.

getdusty
08-16-2014, 08:42 PM
I couldn't get to the Eliz. Mowry dvd either. Where did you find it? Tried the IAPS site, found a reference to the dvd, but couldn't order it. help, please. I just ordered a couple of her books. She's doing a workshop near my home next year.

julieindvik
08-16-2014, 09:34 PM
The link takes you to reelpainters which I believe is Phil Bate's company. Click the contact and it will give you Andrea's email. I ordered through her via Paypal.

[email protected]om

She's very responsive and shipped promptly!

robertsloan2
08-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Thanks! Much appreciated!

getdusty
08-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Thanks, Julie.

julieindvik
08-18-2014, 02:13 PM
It's [email protected] I accidentally used an upper case A before and not sure if it worked for anyone who tried to order.

Colorix
08-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Glad it helped. Yes, the link was to Phil B's own site, a way to contact him.

I've seen the whole Emerson series, and the way Phil filmed it blew me away, so beautifully shot!

Nick7
12-02-2015, 03:59 PM
It seems that there will be a new book written by Elizabeth Mowry :)

http://www.northlightshop.com/landscape-painting-in-pastel-elizabeth-mowry

spydersmomtammy
12-03-2015, 11:32 AM
My only fear of getting the Elizabeth Mowry DVD is I will want to buy her Girualt pastel set!
FYI, I just got her Girault Poetic Landscape Set "A" for my birthday and it is FABULOUS. Just sayin'... ;-)