PDA

View Full Version : New Exhibit

westcoast_Mike
08-04-2014, 11:27 AM
If any of you are passing through the Central Caost wine tasting, pop into Thacher winery in Paso Robles. My wife and I have some of our work hanging there. They will be in place through the middle of October. Beautiful setting and very good wine as well.

robertsloan2
08-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Congratulations! Wish I had enough budget to go traveling down the coast, that sounds like fun. I popped into your site since I couldn't and have to say, I enjoyed both of your works online. She has a very strong style of her own distinct from yours and yet both of you have a beautiful sense of place in your works. It'd be hard to say whose paintings I like more. If I were rich enough to buy I'd probably need one from each of you. Maybe commission her to do something in my city because she has such a way with made things and architecture, even signs, she gets the gist of them and treats them with as much beauty as trees and water.

Blayne
08-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I would love to visit but am too far away. I did visit your website and admire both your and your wife's paintings. My favorite of yours is "Goleta Beach." I love how the blocks of mostly muted colors form a nearly abstract painting!

westcoast_Mike
08-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the comments Robert. I like her work as well. She has been spending a bit of time on man made objects of late. It is something we both like to introduce into our paintings.

Thanks Blayne. That is one of the ones we hung. It is one of my wifes favorites as well.

getdusty
08-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Congrats, Mike (and wife)! Alas, I'm on the east coast.