PDA

View Full Version : The waiting begins...

PeriSoft
07-29-2014, 11:15 AM
:eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2014/1697450-zomg.jpg

LavenderFrost
07-29-2014, 01:00 PM
Cool.

steve o
07-30-2014, 02:00 PM
Gratz, oh I would so love one, my partners daughter spent a week in a digital studio for work experience, she used one for the week there, she said it was awesome

PeriSoft
07-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty psyched, though I'm trying not to go too crazy imagining how awesome it'll be, just in case it's only a lot better instead of insanely better. :D

August fifth, according to UPS. Damnable ground shipping! This is my first personal splurge in about 15 years, so despite my recent tendency to not be impatient about stuff, I'm fairly impatient. Anyone know if it's possible to induce a coma for about a week? I could use the sleep too... ;)

b'anna
08-03-2014, 11:13 AM
OH man, I am no better than you in waiting! i have no patience what so ever. Congrats on the new toy. My personal opinion is that it is fabulous! I love mine"
Take a deep breath and think of other things and try not to stare out the window trying to make the UPS truck appear.
Only two more days... You can do it!

PeriSoft
08-03-2014, 08:15 PM
OH man, I am no better than you in waiting! i have no patience what so ever. Congrats on the new toy. My personal opinion is that it is fabulous! I love mine"
Take a deep breath and think of other things and try not to stare out the window trying to make the UPS truck appear.
Only two more days... You can do it!

I've been reloading the UPS tracking page so much that it occurred to me that UPS should start keeping track of metrics of the kinds of things that people obsessively check on; then they could ever-so-slightly raise the prices for expedited shipping on items that people are particularly irrational about... :evil:

It's probably a good thing I didn't get an MBA.

b'anna
08-03-2014, 08:38 PM
I have to admit, I recently ordered a Wacom 22HD touch and I was doing the same thing. I can NOT stand waiting! It will come, it will come , it will come, just keep repeating that to yourself.

PeriSoft
08-05-2014, 11:31 PM
THE WAITING ENDS

Now I just have to teach myself to draw again. :D

So far it's a pretty awesome piece of gear. But you knew that. My current travail involves attempting to find out how to make multitouch zoom/rotation work in Painter X3; the Lenovo was small enough that I just rotated the tablet, but the Cintiq is orientation sensitive (in terms of it having buttons on one side, and the lap stand thing, I mean) and weighs about four times as much, so flipping it around willy nilly is really not an option... Searching on Google yields a bazillion people trying to make Wacom stuff work with linux, which strikes me as like trying to make a convertible battle tank, but there you go...

steve o
08-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Yay, gz, glad your wait is over,

chewy
08-20-2014, 09:35 PM
congrats. Its on my list of wants. Unfortunately right now I need serious dental work that is stealing all my money. Maybe next year will be a better year for me. Every time I try and save money something happens.