PDA

View Full Version : Scratch WIP finished if you're interested

lorna12
09-29-2003, 03:38 AM
I have finished the WIP of Joseph in the portraiture forum. You can see it here http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1593638#post1593638 if you're interested.

lisilk
09-29-2003, 03:57 AM
Woah ! That's scratchboard ? Stunning !:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for posting over here so we could enjoy it too.

Cheers,

Li

lorna12
09-29-2003, 04:31 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Li. Thanks for looking and commenting!

Jakeally
09-29-2003, 05:36 AM
Lorna .... Thank you so much for the link. I would have missed this as I don't visit the portrait forum very often.
I think Joseph is sensational ...... your scratching is out of this world. Thanks for all the close ups and for sharing your wonderful talent. It really was a joy to view:clap: :clap:

Tamana
09-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Breathtaking. Well done.

sassybird
09-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Portraits done in scratch board always amaze me, and this one is exceptional. Your work on the beard, around the eyes and the skin gives depth to the portrait. Almost as if I could reach out to shake his hand, although he looks like a hugger to me:D

I have a few questions about your technique. What kind of scratching implements are you using? What kind of strokes did you use on the skin to give it that soft and warm look? It would be wonderful if you would do an article on your technique. I am sure that many members would be interested to see how you work:) And I am one! lol

I like the tilt of the head, and the grin that looks on the verge of a belly laugh. He has character and substance in those eyes.