PDA

View Full Version : My first post.

Daibhi
07-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Hi, I'm Daibhi (pronounced Dar-vee for those unfamiliar with Irish spelling or the Irish tradition of torturing your children by giving them unpronouncable names) and I am a digital artist (hobbyist) from the west coast of Australia. I would have said that I'm new but really I'm well past my "best before" date, I'm in my late 50s. A few years ago a workplace accident forced me into an early retirement but also afforded me more time to persue my hobby. I look forward to meeting all of you and hopefully I can give as much as I take away from the experience.

I try not to limit myself to any particular style or software and like to experiment with all kinds of programs and techniques. What direction I take seems to be influenced by whatever was on TV the night before.

I have been using Photoshop since it's first release back in 1990 and know my way around it pretty well and am always willing to help anyone who is having trouble with any aspect of it.

I am currently delving into the world of 3D modelling and created the image below using DAZ Studio with some post work in Photoshop.

Daibhi.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jul-2014/1892526-!!-WinterPride800.jpg

b'anna
07-21-2014, 09:21 PM
very nice stuff! Welcome to digital and look forward to seeing a lot more from you !
Barb

Daibhi
07-21-2014, 09:29 PM
very nice stuff! Welcome to digital and look forward to seeing a lot more from you !
Barb

Thank you for the warm welcome and the kind words, I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Lucy-Foote
07-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Welcome, I like this very much, and from the angle you painted this. Very impressive.:thumbsup:

Lucyhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jul-2014/70668-a_Foote_icon_sm.JPG

LavenderFrost
07-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Very nice work! And I'm glad you told us how to pronounce your name because I never would have guessed lol.

geopaint
07-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Nicely done. You would definitely benefit from using a 3d program, especially with the skills you already have.

Daibhi
07-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Welcome, I like this very much, and from the angle you painted this. Very impressive.:thumbsup:

Lucyhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jul-2014/70668-a_Foote_icon_sm.JPG

Thank you Lucy, for the kind words.

Daibhi
07-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Very nice work! And I'm glad you told us how to pronounce your name because I never would have guessed lol.
Thank you so much.

Daibhi
07-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Nicely done. You would definitely benefit from using a 3d program, especially with the skills you already have.
Thanks. I have drawn and/or painted most of my life so 2D programs kinda felt fairly natural to me but 3D is a little trickier but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. The problem I've found so far is that every program is so different from the next that there is a pretty steep learning curve with each of them.

frayling
07-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome also
great stuff I like it a lot

Daibhi
07-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Welcome also
great stuff I like it a lot
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words.
Daibhi.