PDA

View Full Version : Project; Cats & Dogs Alphabet Scavenger Hunt

Vivien Maloney
07-12-2014, 10:27 PM
A new Project is announced for our Animal & Wildlife Forum

Title: "Cats & Dogs Alphabet Scavenger Hunt"

Project Leader; ArtbyPeggy - (Animal & Wildlife Guide)

Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant

Medium: Any painting/drawing medium or combination of mediums

Subject: Cats and Dogs; both cat and dog painting subjects, will run at the same time, in this Project.

Maximum participants allowed: Unlimited

Description:
The Alphabet Cats and/or Dogs Scavenger Hunt will work like this;
Paint/draw/sketch cats and dogs breeds beginning with the letter of the alphabet. You may paint either cat or dogs breeds or both animals - whichever you prefer.

Cat Breeds; (examples)
Abyssinian
Burmese
Calico
Domestic long hair- etc,
(big cats may also be included e.g.)
Tigers, lions,etc, etc,
Here's the link to "Cats"in the RIL
http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?cat=18 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?cat=18)

Dog Breeds; (examples)
Afghan Hound
Boxers
Collies
Dalmations etc, etc,
Here's the link to the "Dogs" in the RIL
http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?cat=19 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?cat=19)

And of course we also have our own reference library; http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=462 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=462)

Each breed of cat or dog must begin with the correct letter of the alphabet, so don't skip a letter and post a painting that begins with the wrong letter of the alphabet. For example; when the previous cat painting posted has begun with the letter "B", don't follow with a painting of a cat-breed beginning with the letter"G". Follow the "B"painting with a "C" painting. When a painting has been posted with any letter you can either post a painting with that same letter also, or move on to the next letter in the Alphabet.
Members may also use the name of their cat/dog if it begins with the correct alphabet letter.

I hope I have explained this as clearly as possible and you enjoy this Project in our Sub-Forum "Animal & WildlifeProjects Discussions", so lets get into it and have fun! Looking forward to seeing your work !!! :clap: :D :thumbsup: :music: :clap:

Vivien Maloney
07-12-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm posting the first painting in our "Cats & Dogs Alphabet Scavenger Hunt"
to get us started;

Cats - "A" - for Abyssinian Cat - "Samson" - ref photo by Lissastrup

25cm x 20cm - Soft pastels & pastel pencils on Mi-Teintes paper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jul-2014/196305-img178.jpg

VENKAT
07-13-2014, 12:09 AM
You lead from the front , Viv . Excellent beginning .
Venkat

Vivien Maloney
07-13-2014, 12:19 AM
Thank you Venkat! :)

skappy
07-13-2014, 01:45 AM
Great start Viv! lovely painting
Robert

ArtbyPeggy
07-13-2014, 02:00 AM
Very nice Viv!!
Can't wait to see what others do!
We are now on "B"

koksie
07-13-2014, 05:15 AM
Wonderful painting!

Brigitte

kathymackay2
07-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Beautiful cat Viv! I love the fur texture you were able to capture. I'm hoping to join in for "b"

birdlady
07-13-2014, 12:52 PM
this is Blinky from the library but I named it "Take ME" for the title as there was a commercial on helping homeless cats and he/she fit right in ... hope I am doing this right. If not please delete. Thanks

Laurie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2014/5126-take_me_small_for_net.jpg

desthers
07-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Vivien and Laurie, lovely work. A joy to look at these cats.

katju
07-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Hi All,

I usually hang out in the All Media Events forum but saw your invite so I thought I'd join in because I love cats. The A and B cats are gorgeous.

This is my dad's Calico cat. Her name is Katie. She is all fluff. This is mixed media - watercolor on gessoed paper and pencil.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2014/37996-Katie_Cat_web.jpg

Kathy

Vivien Maloney
07-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Laurie - yes you certainly are doing this right and a very beautiful painting of "Blinkie" wonderful eyes! :clap:
Is Blinkie in pastel and what size, Laurie?

Kathy - Gorgeous Calico cat for "C" :clap: lovely loose style - beautiful!

Ok, everyone we are away with a rush!
That's great, you can either now begin with another with a "C" or follow with a "D"
And don't forget you can begin the DOGS topic as well which of course will begin with an "A"

birdlady
07-13-2014, 02:50 PM
OOOOOOPS sorry Viv .. Blinkie is done in colored pencil and is 14 x 16 in size on museum mount board.

Also .. love your A cat Viv .. cant spell that name so A it is LOL..

and Katj...love the flow of your kitty.. I appreciate anyone that can do the regular WC .. which I cant seem to get a handle on.

Laurie

birdlady
07-13-2014, 03:06 PM
I am doing the D also.. with the boston terrier Dooley. Done on museum mount board with WC pencils. 11 x 14..

now will sit and see what others have to share and excited about this thread Viv..

Laurie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2014/5126-dooley_dog__for_net.jpg

kathymackay2
07-13-2014, 08:50 PM
I am new to the animal/wildlife forum.
Laurie, Kathy, & Vivien - outstanding work so far. Laurie you even did 2! My posting is not quite as finished as those so far... a quick sketch. While I see we are on to "D"... I'm posting for "B".
This is a quick sketch of my beagle Wylan.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2014/1791604-image_18.jpeg

Vivien Maloney
07-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Laurie and Kathy :wave: - The Dogs Project was meant to begin with an "A" dog breed too - same as the cats.

However as we have your lovely sketch of a Beagle for "B", Kathy maybe we can begin with a "B" for the Dogs Breed Project....unless anyone has a dog breed beginning with the letter "A" ?
No we aren't quite on to "D" yet - Laurie has "jumped the gun" a bit with D! Never mind I had thought it may take us a little time to get our alphabet sorted out. :lol: And these are very welcome. But we will try to stick to the appropriate letter of the Alphabet from now on won't we? :evil: :thumbsup: :D

Laurie - Love your Boston Terrier! We might make him a "B" too, (as well as Kathy's Beagle) If that's ok with you?

So we don't get confused;

The Cats Breeds are now up to the Letter "D"

The Dogs Breeds are now up to the Letter "C"

ArtbyPeggy
07-14-2014, 12:26 AM
Laurie Beautiful CP Work on your Blinky cat!!
Kathy well done with your Calico!

Thanks for keeping us all in line Viv...:lol: I'm already confused :wink2:
How Exciting to take off with a rush :D

Vivien Maloney
07-14-2014, 04:10 AM
Peggy - thats ok we will get there sooner or later!

ArtbyPeggy
07-15-2014, 12:18 AM
YIKES Viv you CAN'T LEAVE ME ALL ALONE :clear:

I'll have fun following your project as well :) :thumbsup:

hecate316
07-16-2014, 09:19 PM
That is a gorgeous painting! And this is such a great project idea!

Panth
07-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Hi, beautiful cat and dog paintings/drawings. Sending my CP drawing of a kitten Dibbu, hope I've got the right alphabet in time! Prabha

Vivien Maloney
07-17-2014, 01:23 AM
Awwww, what a little sweetie! Lovely work on "D" for Dibbu! :clap:

Members can now submit the same letter which is "D" for the CATS SECTION, or go to the next letter of the Alphabet which is "E". :thumbsup:

Vivien Maloney
07-17-2014, 02:04 AM
Come on DOG PEOPLE where are you?
The cat members are forging ahead here, lets get on to it! :thumbsup:

DOGS ARE UP TO THE LETTER "C" .... CATS ARE ALREADY ON TO THE LETTER "D"...dont let the cat people get there first! Its beginning to be a bit of a race here.... lots of fun! :clap:

ArtbyPeggy
07-18-2014, 12:31 AM
Perfect Panth we were on the D's for Cats and yours is absolutely adorable!!
What size is this drawing of Dibbu?

tuscanny
07-18-2014, 01:50 AM
May I fill the gap for the a in the dogs? Can't let my favorite dog the alsation go by unmentioned. A3 oil pastels
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jul-2014/1256189-dog_3.jpg

Vivien Maloney
07-18-2014, 02:23 AM
Christel - oh he's gorgeous! Is he your dog? Beautiful oil pastel. Love the colors youve got into his fur and he looks so happy...hes laughing joyfully!
And yay, we now have filled the "A" gap for the dogs!

Come on dog people, we are now up to "C" for dogs - how about Corgis, Collies, Cattle Dogs?
Lots of choice there folks.

Panth
07-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Perfect Panth we were on the D's for Cats and yours is absolutely adorable!!
What size is this drawing of Dibbu?
Thank you Vivien and Peggy! The drawing is in a sketch book, about 4 x 6 inches. Like the beautiful Alsatian and the soft furry look of the other cats and kittens. Still trying to reach there!:wave:

Lucylove
07-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Oh this is so fun!! I will definitely sneak in there and grab a letter soon. Just fresh off of work and wanted to peek in on everyone.

ArtbyPeggy
07-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Christel he's very beautiful!
Jess I can't wait to see what letter you do :)

tuscanny
07-20-2014, 01:35 AM
Thanks Vivien, Panth, Lucy and Peggy. No,it's not my dog unfortunately.

chammi kaiser
07-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Wonderful, folks, some lovely felines and canines. I will be posting my 'A' tomorrow. A little late but the game is still on!!!

tuscanny
07-25-2014, 09:17 AM
My collie in oil pastels
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2014/1256189-collie.jpg

Vivien Maloney
07-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Christel - Beautiful painting of your Collie! Love the way you've rendered her long furry coat! What's his/her name?

tuscanny
07-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Oops, I meant my painting of the collie. The reference is from the cats and dogs reference library.

chammi kaiser
07-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Lovely Collie Christel. You are amazingly productive. When do you sleep?:D

ArtbyPeggy
07-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Christel I want to reach out and run my hands through the fur on this gorgeous Collie! What a gorgeous painting!

Cntrymouse
07-29-2014, 02:35 PM
I accidently found this project underway in a way different way than the old project link that I always checked. Must be I have been out of the loop too long! How do you join this sort of project? And why has it changed from the Project area listed under "Content Areas" at the top of WetCanvas home page?

Vivien Maloney
07-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Hi there Cntrymouse - This Cat & Dog Project is not in the WC Project System but is being run through our own Animal & Wildlife Forum.
Therefore you are welcome to post your cat & dog paintings to this Project at any time. I did advertise this Project in the WC News Digest.
Look forward to seeing your paintings.

ksgoeben
07-29-2014, 04:11 PM
I have D for the cats but I keep getting an error message that I need to have 2 or more posts first....

ksgoeben
07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Let me try again in a minute!

ksgoeben
07-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Here is the one for the cats... this is a portrait commission I did of a beautiful tuxedo cat named Domino.... D is for Domino! Yay! This was done on Stonehenge watercolor paper with iridescent watercolors, Prismacolor colored pencil, archival marker, pigment and gel pen. The dimensions were 6"x9".

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2014/1096942-Tuxedo_Cat_Portrait_-_Domino_Resized_001.jpg

Vivien Maloney
07-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Ksgoeben - A warm welcome to Wet Canvas and the Animal & Wildlife Forum.
Yes that's correct. As a new member you have to have 3 ordinary posts (posts with just txt and no photos) to get you used tp posting.
Try again after youve had 3 or 4 txt posts and you should be able to post your entry to this Challenge then. Look forward to seeing it.

Vivien Maloney
07-29-2014, 04:21 PM
There you are, we cross-posted, so you must have had your 3 essential posts.:wave:
This is an absolutely gorgeous painting! Excellent work on Domino's fur and eyes and I love the background too!

ksgoeben
07-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Thank you, Vivian. I probably need to change my name here on wetcanvas. My name is actually Sherry!

Vivien Maloney
07-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Thats ok Sherry. Most members like to be known by their own name when they get to know us.
This Project is in our Sub-Forum so do visit our main part of our Animal & Wildlife Forum as well. We have lots of interesting stuff going on there as well as a Monthly Project that members Host. Our July Project is just finishing but a new one will start at the beginning of August. Ive just posted a Gallery of paintings from entries in our July Project so you may like to check it out and have a look.
To get to the July project go to Animal & Wildlife July Project which you will find as a Sticky at the top of our main forum page. Gallery is on page 7 of the project. :thumbsup:

chammi kaiser
07-30-2014, 06:40 AM
Wow , what a fantastic background to Domino. Wonderful work.

chammi kaiser
07-30-2014, 06:47 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2014/39224-104._Kiaraa.jpg

Here is BEAGLE KIARA. She was a commission and is now in doggy heaven.

tuscanny
07-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Sherry - a beautiful cat portrait and I love the background!
Chammy - what a lovely memory of the beagle for its owners. Well done!

birdlady
07-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Hey Viv...what letters are we up to on the cats and dogs now?

Laurie

ArtbyPeggy
07-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Hi Laurie if I haven't lost track we are on
The Cats Breeds are on the Letter "E"

The Dogs Breeds are now up to the Letter "D"

Chammi what a wonderful keepsake for the owners!
WOW Sherry that portrait of Domino is fabulous! Gorgeous fur and eyes.
Welcome :clap: Look forward to seeing more of your work :)

birdlady
07-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks Viv ..

ok so D it is and I have a drawing of a Dalmation to share.. done in CP's 11 x 14 and done on museum mount board.

Laurie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2014/5126-dalmation_final_sm.jpg

ArtbyPeggy
07-31-2014, 12:42 AM
:lol: not Viv but that's OK :lol:
What a lovely Dalmatian Laurie!

tuscanny
07-31-2014, 02:10 AM
Beautiful dalmation Laurie!

Vivien Maloney
08-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Chammi - lovely portrait of the Beagle, Kiara! Her owners will so appreciate it, especially now shes passed away.

Lauri - beautiful Dalmation portrait! Love the expression on his face.

birdlady
08-01-2014, 05:16 PM
awwwww Chammi .. what a great little dog and such a warm thing for them to get from you.

OH MY Gosh ..Domino is gorgeous and that background is lush. It really makes the cat pop Sherri.

Thanks Peggy , Tuscanny and Viv

I am still trying to figure out a cat that fits the E letter..name prehaps ...not breed.

I sit here looking forward to seeing each new piece put up .. love this thread

Laurie

Vivien Maloney
08-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Yes its a really fun thread!

Ive just realised I can post my Jack Russel's - ("Drum") - portrait for "D".
I will do that later when Im on my main computer instead of my tablet, as I am now.

Vivien Maloney
08-01-2014, 09:01 PM
We are up to "D" with the Dogs Scavenger Hunt so........

Here's 2 paintings of my Jack Russel dog "Drum".

He's a very old little dog, is our Drummer, who is going to be 17years old in October this year.
He had a very depressed time, when my Newfoundland "Blossom" passed away in Feb this year. After a few months of intense, loving attention (little walks - (very small walks) lots of rides in the car, heaps of cuddles etc, he started to perk up again. The strange thing was, he hated my Blossom and would always try to bite her if he got the opportunity - but he missed her intensley when she passed away - as do I.!

He's completely deaf and blind now in one eye. So he relies on me to guide him around and when I guide him on to the lawn he runs happily, because he knows he can't bang into anything. Actually he gallops, which is so good to see!

Still loves his food, spends most of the day sleeping, but he still has his excited, outgoing, outlook on life - and he's one special, tough little dog, who we love dearly! Jack Russels are such great little dogs! I have enormous respect for Drum.
So here he is "D" for Drum.

The first painting is a Gouache I did with Skappy's Gouache Class last year
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2014/196305-img438.jpg

The second is a pastel I did at Christmas last year for a Christmas Card
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2014/196305-img135.jpg

"D" for Drum. :clap:

birdlady
08-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Awwwwwwww. How sweet they are Viv and it shows such a personality in each of them.... Love
I've love them!!!!!!!

Vivien Maloney
08-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Lauri - Thank you! I just couldn't resist posting our Drummer's portrait.
He's quite a character, and he's had such an eventful and interesting life.

I used to go to Dog Training Club with him and we used to do the Agility Course. He was very good at Agility, but had a problem. When he shot out of the end of the tunnel, (unless I could outrun him and get there first), he would be on the lookout for another dog to fight with. If he saw one handy, he'd be off like a shot, with me galloping after him to stop him, much to the glee of the other entrants in the Agility Events! Very embarrasing!

He's had all sorts of operations in his long life and when he was 12years old, had to have a hip-replacement. So he has a plastic hip, and also a plastic knee. I always say, he's my 6million dollar dog (well not quite but at the Vets costs the way they are, you get the picture!) Also got himself stuck down a rabbit hole one time and another time gave chase to a whole heap of large dogs, and they ran away from him scared. He thought he was the king of the world that time!

He's such a little hard-case....a dog doesn't get to 17years of age without becoming something of a prima donna! But he's our beloved Drummer and now that Blossom's gone, runs our household. :rolleyes: :lol: :clap:

tuscanny
08-02-2014, 02:32 AM
Gorgeous paintings of Drummer! Incredible how much a pet can be a part of one's life.

Vivien Maloney
08-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks Christel. Yes, he's been part of our family for so long! :heart:

ArtbyPeggy
08-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Viv your Drummer is beautiful and sounds like quite the character! I love both of your paintings of him :clap:

Vivien Maloney
08-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Thank you Peggy.

chammi kaiser
08-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks all for the nice comments.

Love the Dalmatian. I knew one called 'Stripes'. Owner had a whacky sense of humour.

Aww Viv, when I see those lovely paintings of Drum, I miss my little Muffin a lot.

chammi kaiser
08-04-2014, 09:42 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2014/39224-118_Couch_Potatoa.jpg

Here is a work I did some time ago in Coloured Pencil. DRUMMOND - the bulldog!

birdlady
08-04-2014, 09:54 AM
what a tale you had to tell about him Viv .. what a strong willed doggie and so courageous. I had 3 poodles one went to 17 and 2 at 19

awwwwwwwwwwww Chammi what a sweet rendering of this guy ..gota love that face and his tongue sticking out makes ya think ,, I am plumb tuckered

Laurie

Vivien Maloney
08-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Yayyyy, Chammi I love him! Beautiful colored pencil work! Youve captured Drummond's, strong, but gentle, personality perfectly!:clap:
Bulldogs are great dogs arent they. Full of personality and huff and puff. Love his tongue hanging out....hes had a busy day!

tuscanny
08-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Great work on Drummond! Love that personality!

Cntrymouse
08-11-2014, 04:59 PM
I hope I am doing this right ... I am starting with Dogs and have my "A" dog ready to upload. She is an American Eskimo dog named "Tasha". She passed away last year but I have this portrait of her that I did for her owner. I did this in colored pencil on Mi tienes grey http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2014/1530-Colored_pencil-Tasha-finishedsm.jpg

Vivien Maloney
08-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Absolutely gorgeous portrait of Tasha! Love her happy laughing expression, which you have captured so wonderfully! Beautiful pastel work, especially on her fur! :thumbsup:

tuscanny
08-12-2014, 01:20 AM
Beautiful features! Well done!

chammi kaiser
08-13-2014, 04:34 AM
Tasha is just beautiful. Great that the owner has your lovely portrait as a tribute to her.

ArtbyPeggy
08-13-2014, 08:29 AM
I LOVE Drummond. His is expression is PERFECT for a Bulldog!
Carolyn Beautiful job on Tasha :)

Gobie
08-18-2014, 04:14 PM
This is "Pearl" a beautiful English Setter. 8"x10" scratch board.
Beautiful work everyone!!
Sharon
OOPS! I think I put this in the wrong spot... sooo sorry! Maybe someone can place it in the correct spot, Dogs and Cats.

Vivien Maloney
08-18-2014, 11:29 PM
Hi Gobie :wave: - You'll see I've moved your post for you.
Thanks for your painting of Pearl. Your Scratchboard work of her is beautiful!:thumbsup:

Gobie
08-19-2014, 12:06 AM
Thank you Vivien for correcting my mistake!!
Sharon

ArtbyPeggy
08-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Nice job on your English Setter "Pearl" Sharon!

chammi kaiser
08-19-2014, 02:15 AM
Sharon, beautiful portrait of Pearl. Great colours and excellent work on that name tag.

Babli21
08-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum, but some of you may know me from Florals and Botanicals. I've started doing some dog portraits, so this challenge will give me a lot of inspiration.

Quick question before I do my first painting - would Black Lab and Yellow Lab go under B and Y, respectively, or L for Labrador? I don't want to mess up the scavenger hunt!

Thanks!

Vivien Maloney
08-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Welcome Sandy - good to see you here.:wave:
You can put your dog painting under whichever letter you want to - no hard and fast rules, we just enjoy seeing members paintings.:thumbsup:

Babli21
08-25-2014, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm going to call this fella Freddy the Golden Retriever. Does that cross off "F" and "G" in one painting?!?! Photo reference is Golden Retriever by stalksthedawn in the RIL. I used WSOs on 11x14 hardboard.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2014/1244573-Mans_Best_Friend_med.JPG

Pippin
08-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Here is another "G" Greyhoundhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2014/15093-Greyhound4.jpg

Vivien Maloney
08-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Sandy - That's a lovely, happy, Golden Retriever! I just love his happy grin!

Pippin - Beautiful Greyhound portrait! Wonderful work on his intelligent eyes and also his fur. Is this Charcoal or Graphite?

ArtbyPeggy
08-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Freddy looks like a very happy dog Sandy! Well done capturing that expression :)

Nice job on the Greyhound Pippin!

Pippin
08-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Thanks Peggy and Vivian for your kind comments . It is graphite 8x10 on Arches hp water colour paper.

Cntrymouse
08-26-2014, 09:40 PM
That is a beautiful portrait of Pearl! I haven't done scratchboard since high school! I love the color added ... it really is realistic and gorgeous!!! I also love the Greyhound! We have them come to the nursing home where I work and they are so gentle! Pencil drawing is so fun and attractive! And of course the Golden Retriever! That is so colorful and makes me think of how warm their personality is! Beautiful work folks!

Babli21
08-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Viv and Peggy - thanks for your comments. Pippen - your greyhound is amazing!

This is Henry the Greyhound, so "I" is next.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Aug-2014/1244573-IMG_3910.JPG

Vivien Maloney
08-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Sandy - Henry is a very regal Greyhound! Great job on him Sandy.

Yes, we are now up to "I" with the Dog's Alphabet :thumbsup:

Babli21
08-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Here's Ivan the Boxer. WSOs on 11x14 hardboard.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2014/1244573-Boxer_Pride_med.JPG

birdlady
08-31-2014, 10:15 AM
Viv did we skip over H? I missed it :( and what are we up to on cats

Laurie

Vivien Maloney
08-31-2014, 10:49 PM
Lauri - We are up to "E" for cats.....they are way behind!

And after Sandy's painting of "H" for Henry the Greyhound and
"I" for "Ivan" the Boxer ......we are now up to "J" for dogs.:D (Ha! I've just realised I could do another painting for J of my Jack Russel dog! :evil: )

ArtbyPeggy
09-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Sandy Nice job on Henry and Ivan!
Laurie you can post an H if you want to :)

chammi kaiser
09-01-2014, 05:48 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2014/39224-119_Muffina.jpg

Here is my little Jack Russel Muffin who is now in doggy paradise chasing her tail and autumn leaves blowing in the wind. I still miss her a lot. This was done in coloured pencil.

chammi kaiser
09-01-2014, 05:51 AM
I have just caught up on all the lovely animals you folks have posted. Wonderful work everybody. What I so love about them, is that you have managed in various media to capture the spirit and personality of each pet. Love them all.

birdlady
09-01-2014, 11:45 AM
ok here is a Jack Russel ..think it was a WDE.. to long ago to remember but was so so fun..11 x 14 on museum mount board in CP's

Laurie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2014/5126-ms_Amelia_Bedelia_Sm.jpg

birdlady
09-01-2014, 11:49 AM
oh Chammi that JR is so so cute ..love him.. and that face just draws me in

Its just so fun to see different animals in here

Laurie

Vivien Maloney
09-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Chammi - Such a beautiful colored pencil work of your little Muffin!
She looks as if she was a Jack Russel, full of character and fun. Yes, I'm sure you still miss her....they become such a big part of our lives, and leave an awful large space when they go, dont they! :heart:

Lauri - Lovely painting of the Jack Russell playing peek'a'boo! Jack Russels are full of such mischief and fun are such wonderful little dogs...real characters!

birdlady
09-01-2014, 02:35 PM
OOK so we are on E for the cats.. here we have Elvis and Elvira who are bengal kittens of a friend of mine ..this went to Texas .... I did these on a grey velvet board 8 x 10 with CP's .. this was my first attempt with this base and not really impressed with it ..maybe again some time

Laurie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2014/5126-bengals.jpg

Vivien Maloney
09-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Lauri - love your "E" !
Such cute kittens and youve captured their vulnerability and young kitten look perfectly!:thumbsup:

chammi kaiser
09-09-2014, 04:10 AM
Lauri - Elvis and Elvira are absolutely adorable - such cuddly little kittens.

chammi kaiser
09-09-2014, 04:13 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2014/39224-092._Ebony_and_ivory.JPG

This is Frederich the third, painted as a birthday gift for a friend of mine some time ago. He was a really schmoozy cat and never put his claws out. A real sweetie.

Vivien Maloney
09-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Chammi - Frederich the third is magnificent! Love his expression - youve caught that half sleepy, contented look that schmoozy cats have. Lovely work on his fur and eyes and the colorful background works well with his black fur.:thumbsup:

birdlady
09-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks Viv and Chammi.. and what a cute little kitty you did Chammi..that background is awesome too ...really makes him pop ..

Laurie

ArtbyPeggy
09-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Laurie I love Elvis and Elvira! Cute names too :cat:
Chammi Frederich the third looks lovely!

ArtbyPeggy
09-10-2014, 12:16 AM
I wasn't able to sign on for a few weeks but I'm back :)
Laurie the Jack peaking out from under the Afghan/Shawl is wonderful!
Muffin is cute Chammi.
Well done portraits!

So, I "think" we are now on G for Cats and K for dogs unless I've lost track again :lol: :cat: :lol:

chammi kaiser
09-10-2014, 03:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments on Muffin and Frederich the third.

bluemoonstar
10-01-2014, 11:49 PM
OK if I slide in another "J" dog before anyone posts a "K"?
This is our Jack, 8x10, I did him in soft pastels.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Oct-2014/93432-Jack,_8x10SoftPastel-72.jpg

ArtbyPeggy
10-02-2014, 12:25 AM
Oh absolutely Pat!
What a gorgeous painting of a gorgeous dog!
He's popping right off the paper :clap:
Thank you for sharing :)

bluemoonstar
10-02-2014, 09:41 PM
thank you, Peggy. Its fun to loook back at this - Jack has a lot more white hairs in that field of black these days!

Vivien Maloney
10-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Jack is gorgeous Pat!
Is he a Malamute? Wonderful painting!

birdlady
10-02-2014, 10:43 PM
beautiful rendering of him Pat.. so in love with how you played the colors into him

Laurie

bluemoonstar
10-03-2014, 01:38 PM
thanks for the nice comments!
Viv, no he's a purebred Siberian Husky. You'll love his registered name: Destiny's DaVinci - isn't that just perfect?

Vivien Maloney
10-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Oh I love it Pat!

chammi kaiser
10-16-2014, 06:31 AM
Destiny's DaVinci!! What a splendid name for a lovely dog. He really is gorgeous Pat. The portrait of Jack is great.

bluemoonstar
10-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Thanks everyone, for your comments!

harlegdane
11-18-2014, 03:26 PM
I haven't been on the site for awhile, but I have a drawing of my Great Dane for the "G" dogs. Her name is Riley. I started this drawing and she passed away suddenly before I had finished it but I did complete it.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Nov-2014/114699-IMG_0441_Small.JPG

harlegdane
11-18-2014, 03:28 PM
I also have a painting I did of my sons American Staffordshire Terrier for the
"A" team
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Nov-2014/114699-locopainting_Small.jpg

harlegdane
11-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Oops I'm sorry I think I posted these wrong...I think I did them as replies not new posting.:smug:

Vivien Maloney
11-18-2014, 05:06 PM
harlegdane - beautiful drawing of your Great Dane, Riley. So sad to hear she's passed away. My beautiful Newfoundland "Blossom" passed away in February this year, so I know how you feel!:crying:

Magnificent painting of the Staffie! Wonderful work on his, hair eyes and nose! Is this Acrylic or Oils?

ArtbyPeggy
11-19-2014, 08:30 AM
harlegdane - these are both beautiful! Sorry to hear she passed away!
Gorgeous Painting!

tuscanny
11-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Pat - love your pastel of Jack.
harlegdane - very well done on both the great dane and the staffie.

chammi kaiser
11-20-2014, 02:18 AM
Harlegdane. The Great Dane is delightful. How very sad to lose a lovely dog like that. I am so sorry.
The Staffie is gorgeous with a great expression and excellent work on the colours in the fur.

Babli21
11-20-2014, 07:53 AM
harlegdane - The drawing and the painting are wonderful! My condolences for your loss.

asmith38
11-20-2014, 01:00 PM
What a fun thread! So many beautiful cats and dogs here!
I'm waiting for the L to come up, should be soon if I'm not mistaken.

bluemoonstar
11-20-2014, 01:58 PM
harlegdane - lovely drawing of your dane, and the painting of the staffie is gorgeous! Ther used to be a great dane at the dogpark we used - she was such a hoot- her owner drove this itty bitty car and she would have half her body out the window, barking the whole way down the road! We always knew when she was coming. : )

chammi kaiser
11-20-2014, 02:51 PM
I can remember my little Jack Russel (female) being taken for a walk in the park. A huge Great Dane (Harlequin) called a Deutsche Dogge here came bounding up to her. She loathed anything on four legs and had no concept of her size (which was pretty small). She gave one annoyed growl and chased it right across the field. It put its tail between its legs and ran for its life. The owner was helpless with laughter and said his dog was just two years old and a total softie.

Joanne_N
11-24-2014, 03:18 PM
I see the Cats are stalled at "G". The only breed of cats I could find starting with a "G" is German Rex. :eek:

Would a "ginger" cat work instead? I'm asking for a friend. :D

chammi kaiser
11-25-2014, 05:08 AM
Ginger cat is just fine. We will enjoy it.

DavidPriestley
11-25-2014, 06:38 AM
This is Enoch, who's a Border Lakeland.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2014/1440740-_c1136727_image_0.jpg

What a fun thread! So many beautiful cats and dogs here!
I'm waiting for the L to come up, should be soon if I'm not mistaken.
I'm waiting for M, for 'moggy' and 'mongrel'. :D

chammi kaiser
11-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Enoch looks like a good pal, Dave. He is a handsome fellow.

Brindle
11-25-2014, 10:42 AM
I'm not really sure which letter we're on...thinking it must be "H" after the Great Dane, assuming Enoch (I'm partial to him as I have a Jack Russell / Lakeland cross from old UK working stock on the Lakeland side named Loki and he's a character!) is for the "E" category.

So, here are two for that category:

Harrie, Australian Shepherd mix, 14" x 11", watercolor on paper; a recent commission.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2014/247271-Harrie_WIP06.jpg

Harley, English Boxer, 11" x 14", watercolor on paper; gift for a friend painted about three years ago when I was just figuring out watercolor.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2014/247271-Harley_EnglishBoxer_Clarke.jpg

Vivien Maloney
11-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Dave - Beautiful painting of Enoch - it tells a story too which I love!

Brindle - Are both of these commissions? What Magnificent paintings! What a beautiful, intelligent expression on Harrie's face and your painting of Harley is so typical of the Boxer Breed! He's obviously saying "look, I've got a good stick for you to throw, so hurry up"!
You've caught the personalities of both dogs wonderfully!

Joanne - Yes "G", for a ginger cat is pefectly ok! :thumbsup:

Chammi - Aren't Jack Russels tough little dogs! They don't know they're so small - they think they are HUGE dogs and act accordingly.
Our little Drum, terrorised my Newfoundland/Labrador Blossom all her life. He was jealous of her as it was his home 18months before Bloss came, and he would bite her all the time until we had to keep them seperated. He, didnt know, of course, she would grow so big, but it never mattered to him. For years, when she was fully grown, she would pick him up by the scruff of his neck (gently as she would with a puppy) and carry him around to try and stop him biting her. He would get SO MAD with her, because he couldn't do anything about it, and would be struggling with temper and impatience to get down!
Oh the memories, of my Bloss! Such a mixture of laughs and tears!

Vivien Maloney
11-25-2014, 05:42 PM
For those For members who haven't seen it yet;

We now have a new ChatRoom - The "Animal Inn"
It's a Sticky at the top of the Forum Main Page.

Do check it out, call in and introduce yourself. Everyone welcome. :thumbsup:

Brindle
11-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Viv, thanks :) Harrie was a commission; Harley was a gift.

I'm eager for it to be time to post the "M" dogs so I can share a little painting I did of my heart-dog, a Jack Russell. She was just the quintessential terrier...giant dog in a tiny package with attitude!

Vivien Maloney
11-25-2014, 07:02 PM
If you check into our new ChatRoom "The Animal Inn", on our last current page you will see a photo of my 17 year old Jack Russel "Drum" hes the pinnacle of Jack Russel courage and personality. Jack Russels rule! :clap:

DavidPriestley
11-26-2014, 06:33 AM
Enoch looks like a good pal, Dave. He is a handsome fellow.
He belongs to a friend of mine, but he's certainly a good pal to my own dog. Me and the guy I painted it for have often walked our dogs together and they spend the whole time they are together playing.
Dave - Beautiful painting of Enoch - it tells a story too which I love!

Thanks Vivien.

The particular story behind this one is that Border Lakelands are traditionaly bred for 'ratting' and the scene in the background of the man digging up a rat's nest with the dog in the background killing a rat reflects that.

I painted it for a friend who wanted me to show the traditional use of the breed, but, being an animal lover myself, and someone who has kept pet rats in the past, I wasn't entirely comfortable with the requested subject matter.... but I made up fior that... look closely at the tree stump on the right, one rat has escaped. ;)

Vivien Maloney
11-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Dave - Yes! I hadnt seen the little rat who had escaped....I had another look, and there he is, standing up large as life, probably having a good laugh at them! Well done.

chammi kaiser
12-17-2014, 05:40 AM
Carol, both are wonderful works. Bet the owner loved your portrayal of Harley - what a great gift!

bluemoonstar
12-17-2014, 05:32 PM
I painted it for a friend who wanted me to show the traditional use of the breed, but, being an animal lover myself, and someone who has kept pet rats in the past, I wasn't entirely comfortable with the requested subject matter.... but I made up fior that... look closely at the tree stump on the right, one rat has escaped. ;)
Lovely piece, David. Your story reminded me of Rembrandt's "The Rat Catcher". I researched it when I was in school, "professional rat catchers" used to go door to door selling poison, but if you look closely, I think this fellow has a soft spot for them, judging by the one sitting on his shoulder and one on top of the cage on his pole. :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2014/93432-Rembrandt-_rat_catcher-1632.jpg

Joanne_N
12-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Okay, how about these two boys for "G" cats - my "Ginger" Tabbies, Peter & Danny. Crammed together in their cat tree, looking out the back window. 8 1/4" x 10 3/4", 140# watercolor paper, oil pastels. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2014/1688579-Peter__Danny_at_the_Window_-_Final_1024x785.jpg

Moonstone_Vedis
01-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Abyssinian Cat Portrait FC Polychromal Colored Pencils 10"X13"

C&C Welcome
~Golanv

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jan-2015/1890182-Abyssinian_Cat_Pet_Portrait_006.jpg

chammi kaiser
01-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Never noticed the rat on his shoulder Pat. Thanks for the reference and for pointing it out. Rather cute really!!

Your Gingers are so cuddly and beautifully softly done Joanne. Love the way they are looking out of the window.

Golanv , that is an absolutely beautiful portrait. The eye is perfect.

Moonstone_Vedis
01-04-2015, 12:36 AM
Thanks Chammi :)

Vivien Maloney
01-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Joanne - Beautiful ginger tabbies! Love their cuddling together postures as they look out their window!

Golanv - Great colored pencils cat portrait Golanv - beautifully rendered!

Epoh
01-17-2015, 10:50 PM
just found this thread :) ...I'll be waiting for the "S" for the dogs to come up & then I can participate :)

surprisingly, for as much as I love animals, I have not done a lot of artwork with them in it... I think I need to change that! ;)

chammi kaiser
01-18-2015, 03:50 AM
Hi Epoh, good to have you with us on the Scavenger Hunt. Looking forward to your 'S'. You will enjoy drawing or painting animals. I always start with the eyes, once I have the general outline and shape of the animal in place. I think once you get the eyes right, everything else comes easily.

asmith38
01-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Joanne, those kitties look so soft, I just want to pet them :)!

Golanv, that is a beautiful, aristocratic cat.

I am a bit lost as to which letters we're up to?

Joanne_N
01-18-2015, 03:23 PM
I went back through all the threads and made a list of everything posted. What a group of amazing paintings!

The next letter up for cats is "H" and the next letter up for dogs is "K".

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jan-2015/1688579-dog_and_cat_list.JPG

asmith38
01-18-2015, 08:51 PM
Joanne,
Thank you for doing that! Can't wait to see Hs and Ks!

Shirl Parker
01-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Pearl, a Jack Russell Terrier, who waits for us at the Rainbow Bridge.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2015/113427-Peek-A-Pearl.JPeG

Epoh
01-19-2015, 02:21 PM
ok, so I looked up some breeds, found a K for dogs...
so here's my sketch of a Kerry Blue Terrier
:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2015/151067-kerry_blue_terrier.jpg
I'll try to do an H for cats later today or tomorrow if no one else posts one :cat:

chammi kaiser
01-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Shirl, I think your Pearl and my Muffin are playing together in Doggy Wonderland. Sweet little girl under that blanket.

Epoh. Love your sketch. Your terrier has such a great attitude.

goatmilksoapgoddess
02-24-2015, 11:43 PM
I have an H kitty, this is a scratchboard I did of my Himalayan /Snowshoe crossbreed cat, Cocoa. She was a rescued kitty, and was the prettiest cat I ever owned.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Feb-2015/1376838-cocoa20131008.jpg

tuscanny
02-25-2015, 12:06 AM
A beautiful scratch work, Sydne!

Joanne_N
02-25-2015, 12:31 AM
Beautiful work, Sydne! :clap:

asmith38
02-25-2015, 05:06 PM
She's adorable! Excellent work!

Vivien Maloney
02-26-2015, 10:22 PM
Epoh - Love your sketch of the Kerry Blue Terrier for "K"!

Shirl - Awwww, your Pearl! I think there's a lot of our very loved dogs waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge! Lovely painting!

Sydne Excellent Scratchboard of Cocoa! A Beautiful cat!

I'm glad this Alphabet Animal Art is moving again!:clap:

ArtbyPeggy
02-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Joanne Thank you so much for doing that! I agree with Viv!! Good to see this is moving again :)
Lovely, lovely works :clap:
Keep em' comin'

bluemoonstar
02-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Gorgeous piece, Sydne. She looks like a real beauty.

goatmilksoapgoddess
03-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Thank you for all the nice comments about Cocoa, I guess I can supply an "L" dog....Long haired Dachshund...sorry, I don't have a Lhasa Apso. That's what I keep expecting to see someone put up here. :wink2: This is also a scratchboard of one of my pets. Her name is Abby.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Mar-2015/1376838-Abby-sm.jpg

Shirl Parker
03-03-2015, 10:13 AM
She's a beauty, and well done.

bluemoonstar
03-03-2015, 06:04 PM
That's a gorgeous piece, Sydne! Love all the detail, especially in those expressive eyes of hers!

Vivien Maloney
03-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Oh what a sweetie Abby is and a gorgeous Scratchboard rendering of her! :thumbsup:
These little long-haired Daschunds are such cute little dogs, so busy running along with their long hair blowing in the wind!

goatmilksoapgoddess
03-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Thank you all.
She is such a wiggle worm it took dozens of photos before I had one in focus to work from. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tuscanny
03-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Great work, Sydne! She is beautiful too!

chammi kaiser
04-10-2015, 04:32 AM
Sydne, your scratchwork is fantastic. Both are great but those eyes of Cocoa's are just so alive and well done. Love it.

bluemoonstar
04-11-2015, 12:14 AM
I think we're up tp "M" dogs... so I give you MOO, our little package of Siberian dynomite. She's very cute, very sweet, and VERY independently-minded. She's also more than a bit mischievous, which gets pretty interesting at times. She's soon to be 10, but still has plenty of "puppy" in her!
5x7 watercolor
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Apr-2015/93432-MyMoo.jpg

Vivien Maloney
04-11-2015, 12:30 AM
Awwwww! Pat, what a cutie! I can see, by the expression on her face, that she's a mischief! Lovely painting of MOO! Where did she get her name from?

bluemoonstar
04-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Moo's breeders also own a dairy farm. Most Siberians have a very dark mask when they're born, but her all-white face made them think of the little calves, so they named her Moo.

They have a wonderful kennel where we take our dogs when we need to board them, and they love going there. They tell me that Moo was their resident "puppy sitter" while she lived there, and got to babysit anytime they needed to remove a mama dog. Her breeder (Liyaza Siberians) has bred & shown Sibes for many years and has about 12 of her own, and her husband has 15 or so Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and Labradors that he breeds & show.

ArtbyPeggy
04-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Beautiful Pat!

chammi kaiser
04-12-2015, 03:24 AM
Pat, Moo is just adorable. Love the name too. You must have so much fun having her around.

Chumleysmum
04-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post as I'm a longtime lurker. I think this thread is up to N - so I wanted to share my Newfoundland dog, Chumsy. :heart:
The medium is pastels, Conte, Blockx and Great American , on Mi Tientes paper. Thanks for looking!

Vivien Maloney
04-23-2015, 03:11 PM
Chumleysmum - Oh my goodness....a Newfoundland, the veritable "King" of dogs!:heart:
How lucky are you to own a Newfoundland, and so beautifully painted!:clap:

My 15 year old Newfie/Labrador "Blossom" passed away in Feb last year. She was a huge dog - Newfie size, looked totally Newfoundland except for her shorter Labrador coat & ears.
I miss my beloved Blossom so much! Have considered buying a Newfie pup, but as Ive bad arthritis in my spine and hips, I would'nt be able to manage one because of their great size.

I see you've even added the drool from his mouth too...they all do dont they!
I have a very funny story about Bloss and that drool.

I used to do Obedience Competition work with Blossom. We were in the middle of the "walk away, turn our backs stay"...it was going splendidly until I turned around after the required 3 minutes. And saw, to my horror, although Bloss had stayed perfectly still, she had begun to get anxious at my turned back...and a huge drool was beginning to form from her mouth! I watched in horror as it got longer & longer until it was nearly at ground level before it broke off! I was mortified and all the other contestants were fascinated!!! :eek: Poor old Bloss....she just couldnt deal with my turned back!
Oh, so loved her! :heart:

Chumleysmum
04-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Chumleysmum - Oh my goodness....a Newfoundland, the veritable "King" of dogs!:heart:
How lucky are you to own a Newfoundland, and so beautifully painted!:clap:

My 15 year old Newfie/Labrador "Blossom" passed away in Feb last year. She was a huge dog - Newfie size, looked totally Newfoundland except for her shorter Labrador coat & ears.
I miss my beloved Blossom so much! Have considered buying a Newfie pup, but as Ive bad arthritis in my spine and hips, I would'nt be able to manage one because of their great size.

I see you've even added the drool from his mouth too...they all do dont they!
I have a very funny story about Bloss and that drool.

I used to do Obedience Competition work with Blossom. We were in the middle of the "walk away, turn our backs stay"...it was going splendidly until I turned around after the required 3 minutes. And saw, to my horror, although Bloss had stayed perfectly still, she had begun to get anxious at my turned back...and a huge drool was beginning to form from her mouth! I watched in horror as it got longer & longer until it was nearly at ground level before it broke off! I was mortified and all the other contestants were fascinated!!! :eek: Poor old Bloss....she just couldnt deal with my turned back!
Oh, so loved her! :heart:

Thank you so much for your kind words Vivien! Chumley is truly my heart, she is our first Newfy. We have 2 now, Chumley & her little sister, Leia. She was watching the frisbee golfers in the park in this painting - she wanted in on the action... so out came the drool. :lol:

I am so sorry for your loss. :crying: It never gets easier, no matter how long they are here with us. (To me, they're my children.) A giant breed like a Newf is definitely A LOT of work and so strong - very smart of you to rethink getting a Newfy puppy. Your Blossom sounds like she was a sweetheart! SO well behaved - drool and all! She still didn't move - good girl Blossom! You'll always have many wonderful memories of her. Thank you for sharing! :heart:

Vivien Maloney
04-23-2015, 10:42 PM
Chumleysmum - and what could be better than 1 Newfoundland? 2 Newfoundlands! Excellent!
They must take up a lot of room in your house! Although in saying that....if Blossom got herself into a small space by mistake.....she would very carefully, back herself out of it again.
Very intelligent are Newfoundlands! One, is never enough! :clap: :D

ArtbyPeggy
04-24-2015, 09:55 PM
What a beautiful painting of Chumley! Love the backlighting too!

Chumleysmum
04-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Thank you so much ArtbyPeggy! :wave:

haha Vivien, I love when back up very slowly & carefully... can't help but mimic the "beep beep beep" sound that the big Mack trucks do as a warning whenever they go in reverse.. :lol: ;)

chammi kaiser
05-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Chumleysmum - Great painting of a lovely dog. Looks almost as if he is shaking his head. Lucky you to have two. Nice that you came out of the shadows and shared this with us. Looking forward to more of your work.

Gina Perkins
05-18-2015, 09:04 PM
I sure hope I'm doing this right. I'm posting for "L" a pic of my Lhasa Apso, Satchmo. This is done in graphite on watercolor paper. My mom gifted me with some FaberCastel pencils this Christmas as something new to try. What fun.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2015/1971245-Mo_Pencil_2015-01-01.jpg

Vivien Maloney
05-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Gina - I love it! Satchmo looks so full of life and personality - they are great little dogs. Beautiful drawing of him!

Gina Perkins
05-18-2015, 09:17 PM
Thank you so much Viv. He's definitely that. He was much younger when I captured this image. His coat's a bit more scraggly now... old age hasn't been kind. But we pamper him.

chammi kaiser
05-19-2015, 03:38 AM
Gina, what a delightful little fellow. Love Satchmo's button eyes. I have a friend who has two Lhaso Apsos and they are such perky and bright little dogs. Nice work.

subcanis
05-19-2015, 09:40 PM
This is George. He's a Newfie mix. He's a rescue, so we're not sure what else.
11" x 14" oil on canvas.

Vivien Maloney
05-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Rick - Awwww! What a lovely, friendly dog George is!
Newfoundland cross, dogs are always wonderful! Is he a large size?
My Blossom was a Newfoundland/Labrador mix, and she was Newfie size but with the shorter Lab coat and ears - she was a huge dog, with a personality to match. My beloved girl, lived until she was 15 years old, and the Vet said, it was the strong Newfie/Lab cross that gave her that extra strength of life.
Lovely oil portrait of George! :thumbsup:

subcanis
05-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Thanks Vivien. He's about 70 lbs. so definitely small for a newfoundland mix, but he's all love...and trouble! Tomorrow is his birthday, he'll be 3.

chammi kaiser
10-22-2015, 03:46 AM
Rick, I just love George. If you weren't so far away , I would offer to dog sit whenever you needed me. Beautiful painting of a lovely dog.

bluemoonstar
10-22-2015, 08:58 PM
Aw, what a sweet fellow! He has a gorgeous coat - love how you captured that adorable expression!

Macy
10-29-2015, 05:22 PM
haven't been on here in a long time ! Nice to see such beautiful paintings

Macy
10-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Gorgeous Husky in pastels. I have to remember how to upload images. it says click browse but there is no browse!

bluemoonstar
10-31-2015, 05:15 PM
Gorgeous Husky in pastels. I have to remember how to upload images. it says click browse but there is no browse! Thanks, I think you are referring to my Jack.

Are you clicking the "browse" button to upload a picture? I just checked it out & it seems to be working ok for me.

Macy
11-02-2015, 03:51 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2015/100891-Doberman.jpg D for Doberman

Vivien Maloney
11-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Macy - He's beautiful! So regal looking, as I always think, Dobermans are!

Cntrymouse
11-02-2015, 09:45 PM
this is Blinky from the library but I named it "Take ME" for the title as there was a commercial on helping homeless cats and he/she fit right in ... hope I am doing this right. If not please delete. Thanks

Laurie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2014/5126-take_me_small_for_net.jpgThat is amazing Laurie! I love how real it looks! What medium is this done in? colored pencil? :thumbsup::clap:

bluemoonstar
11-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Macy - beautiful Doberman! What medium?

chammi kaiser
12-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Macy and Laurie. Both are stunning and so different in style. Love these two.

birdlady
12-20-2015, 04:56 PM
yep Prismas CP's and done on museum mount board.. love that stuff to work on and thank you for the nice comment