PDA

View Full Version : an idea...

gnu
09-28-2003, 04:22 PM
an idea for you..if it's hard to get that creativity going..think of a style you've been using and reverse it..ie, use opposite colours, go detail instead of loose, vertical instead of horizontal...that way we can discover stuff we've never tried before...
I have started a series based on colour order, at some stage I will reverse the order and see what happens!!!:D

DanaT
09-28-2003, 07:57 PM
Hmm, Gill. Color order, can you explain more?

gnu
09-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Hi Dana, for the series I've just started on..
here's the first one..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Sep-2003/7242-colourful_Wellingtin_Heads_done_sm.jpg

... using pure hues, little blending, working from cools at the back(purples, blues, bluegreen,) to warms at the front..(greens, yellows, orange reds...the logical sort of order for landscapes..but not done necessarliy realistically)Once I've done a few of these..
seeing what would happen in reversing this..coolest colour right in the foreground, hottest colours furtherest away...(I have started to blend more with the second painting)
Another couple of thoughts I have to play with is using only the secondary colours in your palette..(whichever ones you like)
for the CYM wheel perhaps purple, yellow green and scarlet red..
or for the RGB wheel perhaps purple, bluegreen and peach..
and I AM going to play with adding white to my chosen palette and painting with that too...(I guess like goache effect)
I can see so many series based on palette effect alone, let alone styles like impressionist, texturised, layered glazes...
I know I was 'stuck ' for ideas on what I could do for a series(because I wanted to do a series, no other reason)..so I thought I'd pass on what I started with...maybe it will inspire soeone else who needs it!!

DanaT
09-28-2003, 10:12 PM
Sounds cool :cool: Thanks for explaining.