PDA

View Full Version : Falling Apart - using another blotched background

Emerlyearts
07-06-2014, 11:57 PM
A tree fell down over the powerlines yesterday so I had lots of time to work on this little ad-hoc piece. No sketching or planning, so its amazing that it turned out to be anything at all. I'm still experimenting with a blotched ink background.
I call this "Falling Apart" because it doesn't hang together very well and besides, that's the head space I've been in lately. Ha.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2014/997712-140705_Falling_Apart_Scratchb_WMKweb.jpg

PaintDog
07-07-2014, 12:13 AM
I really like the blotchy backgrounds, Cynthia. I'm impressed that you did this without sketching or planning. You may think it's falling apart, but I think it's great! One thing I'll note is that the lavender color of the ribbon draws my eye to it because it's the only thing with that color on the drawing.

SandeVBL
07-07-2014, 07:02 AM
Lovely! I too am enjoying the blotchy backgrounds.

nelvia
07-07-2014, 07:26 AM
No only like the backgrounds but foregrounds on these pieces. Hope you got your power back.

Trilby
07-07-2014, 02:41 PM
You may not have electric power but this piece has power. I see it as well composed quite charming. The ribbon threading through certainly keeps this from "falling apart" it's the perfect touch.
TJ