PDA

View Full Version : Digitally modified acrylic painting

j86
07-02-2014, 06:39 PM
So this is actually a picture of a 30x30 acrylic painting which I had made, photographed, cropped, and heavily edited in PS. I wasn't planning on sharing this but I liked the end result so I thought it wouldn't hurt to post it anyway. I was not happy with the way the painting was going after many days of painting and re-painting the same areas with little progress, so I played with it in PS in an attempt to gain new ideas on how to improve it.

arl
07-03-2014, 06:00 AM
I love the design and movement. Great overall colors.

Elainepsq
07-03-2014, 09:18 AM
I like the colors and the sense of transparency and blending in some areas. I think digitizing and reworking a piece is a great idea, whether as preplanning or as a finished piece. It would be interesting to see what you started with, but I understand your reluctance to post a piece you are not happy with.
Welcome to the digital forum.

j86
07-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I posted the original here, after adding a few more tweaks: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1354902

sword
07-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the comparison Jonathan. It is a big improvement. Now we can correct all of those old paintings that 'needed something'.

b'anna
07-03-2014, 07:32 PM
It seems alive with movement and color. All in all I think the end result is a great piece. I've always said it doesn't matter how you get there, it's the result that counts. Great stufff
Barb