PDA

View Full Version : Greenies Room for July

Vivien Maloney
07-02-2014, 03:20 AM
Hi everyone, welcome to a new month of July for our Greenies Room :clap:

Vivien Maloney
07-02-2014, 03:27 AM
Ive just got to post a comment about how sad I am to hear Rolf Harris' result of his trial.
I remember him from many years ago, on tv, painting on canvas with his big painting brush. The paintings emerged like magic, and I remember thinking, "why can't I paint like that." And he was such a great showman and we all loved his songs. How very sad to see the reality of it all emerging!

meggs
07-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Havent heard the news Viv, been out paving all day... Was he found Guilty?

Charlie's Mum
07-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Yes, guilty on 12 charges :eek: - sentencing is on Friday so I think he's looking at a long time in jail - and he's 84!!

Now it's over of course, the worms are coming out of the woodwork - his daughter (supposedly so supportive during the trial) is reported as being after his 12 million, and the papers say all the supportive appearances of wife, daughter and niece (I think) arriving and leaving court were staged for the cameras.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors eh?

Since the revelations about Jimmy Savile here, and how he got away with so much abusive behaviour, quite a number of 'celebrities' have been accused of similar ......... some household names guilty, other not and will be returning to our tv screens - but what hell they've been through to prove their innocence!

Enough!

Happy July ..... and we'll be away next week, so hoping the sun shines!:D

Vivien Maloney
07-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Yes indeed, lets get off the subject of these very sad former stars.

We are in the middle of Winter here in the South of the world and the ski-fields people are clapping their hands as there's just been a heavy snowfall and all New Zealand's ski-fields are open.
I have family coming down from the North Island for the school holidays to go skiing.
And no, I don't ski...tried it once and found myself lying on the snow more than I was skiing on it. :(

I'm obviously totally uncoordinated, my skis went one way and my body went the other! I had a young boy came over to me to ask if he could help me to my feet. I said "how kind, thank you very much", so he did and then put out his hand and said "that will be $2.00" and he wasn't joking! How embarrasing! :(

Charlie's Mum
07-02-2014, 05:04 PM
EEK! Viv! Whatever happened to common courtesy and helpfulness?!!!

No, I don't ski either - once was going with a school party but chickened out - nicer to go to London and the Galleries than watch a bunch of kids do things I couldn't!!! :lol:

Sorry about all the cold that goes with the snow - pretty at first but a nuisance very quickly!

meggs
07-02-2014, 06:17 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry I cant help laughing.... A capitalist in the making, I gotta give it to the kid for trying to turn a buck....

Viv did you pay him??

Cause you know what my reply would have been if I was in that position ..:evil:

meggs
07-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Its nearly 8am over here and bloody freezing at 10 degrees. No doubt about it, the cold is different here to over in the Uk.. Maybe because we have clear skies instead of heavy cloud cover.

Im off to Bunnings, a big DIY store.. Had a brainwave the other day... I inherited a battered garden seat when I bought this unit...

We use to use old sump oil on timber out on the farm, but I couldnt buy any from garages for love nor money... Aussie ingenuity kicked in.. I bought the cheapest and thickest motor oil I could find and coloured it with my Artists Oils. Black with a touch of red, has worked a treat and the old garden love seat looks brand new.

I ripped out a garden bed on the roadside front, boxed it and compacted it. Now Im off to buy Pavers to finish it... Never done this before so its a challenge... The area is just big enough for me to put the seat and sit out with a coffee under the flowering tree there and watch the world go by.

Had the plumber in yesterday, hes set up the run off water so no matter how hard it rains the garage and my garden room will never get wet. Cost me nearly $600 but its done now and properly. I go back to work on the 8th July, so its nice to get all this done before then.
I shall post a pic when I get the paving finished... I love doing things like this. I have never regretted selling the house, I really enjoy living here and I love my little relocatable home. :wave:

Vivien Maloney
07-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Meggs - no I didnt pay him, so he told me "tough luck for you then, you can get up off the snow yourself next time" and away he went! We live and learn!:o
Do post a pic of your newly renovated garden seat and garden area. Look forward to seeing it.:thumbsup:

Lady Carol
07-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Had a brainwave the other day...
I hope you were seated when that happened.

robertsloan2
07-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Viv, that boy was creepy. Rough to get a scam from someone that young, but people show their personality at an early age sometimes. Behind that attitude is a family that probably puts money ahead of anything else in life. Nothing like those little downer moments to break a holiday. I hope you otherwise enjoyed the skiing. I used to ski when I was in high school, the only sport I ever didn't totally stink in. Skiing takes using your legs bent, so my right leg being shorter didn't affect it as much as anything with walking or running. I became pretty good, got to Intermediate and thoroughly enjoyed going real fast on snow. Never liked cross country for obvious reasons of chronic fatigue, the thrill was downhill and going fast. That and being out in beautiful woods, they put ski runs in some of the most paintable places!

I can't take that kind of cold any more but I still remember it and don't regret doing it.

Meggs, your new garden bed sounds awesome. Lovely place to kick back and sketch. The only regret I have about where I live now is no balcony to put a few pots of flowers. Eh, maybe when I'm older I'll get one of those subsidized Castro apartments for seniors and have a balcony and get my home care folks to water and care for my plants. No indoor ones. I have a cat and my room doesn't get enough light to have potted geraniums, the only plants my cat won't destroy. He doesn't like the smell or something, I had several in Kansas and he meticulously left them alone, didn't even sit next to them.

On the up side, I have a beautiful cat and visit a gorgeous garden I don't have to take care of every two weeks. This is awesome in itself.

meggs
07-03-2014, 06:52 PM
CAROL :eek: now now Dearie be nice... :lol::lol::lol:

Robert Im one of those HomeCare people in Australia, love my job and the people I visit. Please join us this month. Im with your cat, I love the colour burst of geraniums, but hate the smell of them.

I tell you what, Im knackered. This landscaping business is hard work, tells me now just how much older Im getting, on the other hand its tempering me back to work fitness after 4 months of vegetating.

I struck problems yesterday.. the wonderful oiling I gave my garden seat.. well the table on the loveseat, the bloody thing fell apart as a result :crying:

I had to travel 60km to get the size pavers I wanted yesterday... Guess what.. their online paver calculater...IS WRONG.grrrrrrrrrrrr
I now will have a two toned paved area, as the next door neighbour offered me some left over smaller pavers.. to mix and match with.
AND I shall have to talk pretty to another village resident and the husband of a favourite client to rebuild my love seat table

YOu know it really would help if I knew what the hell I was doing instead of flying by the seat of my pants:lol::lol::lol:

Vivien Maloney
07-04-2014, 04:28 AM
Meggsy - oh no, sometimes things just dont go right at all! A bit of an understatement in your case! :rolleyes: But have no fear....we are all behind you willing you on, so Im sure this will work out ok for you. Just think how proud we will all be when you are finished and post your photos! :thumbsup:

meggs
07-04-2014, 05:26 AM
Viv....Awwww your as sweetie,
I had to go back today and buy 2 more pavers, at present they are still in the car cause when I got home, late nights and early morns and hard yakka caught up with me and I nanny napped for 3hours LOl
In the poop with daughter cause I forgot I had to baby sit..:lol:..
Im the walking wounded cause I got splinters, cuts and oil stained hands, And the dog is nagging me to death to go walkies.... WELL TOUGH!( Now she is belting all over the room, up & over the bed to get my attention)

Did I say I loved doing this stuff, I must be a masochist.. No truly I do and tomorrow it will all be done barring repairs to the seat. Nothing ever goes smooth for me, but I muddle on.. Im a bit like a bull terrier, get my teeth into something and wont let go..:lol::lol::lol:

Ohhhh another great piece of news, Someone sent me an invite to a site called World of Art.. I have posted about 8 paintings in the past and got 7 invites to post in their permanent gallery.
Today I was notified, I had made it to their "Tribute of the Week" collage

I never thought I would see a painting of mine selected when there are so many great artists on the site.. Not bad for a kid whos never had a formal lesson..
It says a lot for Wet Canvas and the people in this forum... what I know I learnt here.
It was the Hibiscus I did for the refurbished garden room and studio.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jul-2014/200778-Hibscus_completed-001.JPG

Charlie's Mum
07-04-2014, 01:58 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: for you Meryl - well done on all counts ..... and I know the sitting area will turn out well - you're making it!:D
Go girl!:D

justjean
07-04-2014, 03:10 PM
That painting was a great tribute to you, Meggs , congratulations :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

meggs
07-04-2014, 04:34 PM
AWWWWWW Thanks guys :o:heart:

Vivien Maloney
07-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Congratulations on the sucess of your painting Meryl! Well done indeed!:clap: :clap: :clap:

meggs
07-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Viv...:):wave:

bluefish
07-05-2014, 07:45 AM
please remember me....we were friends when you were a nobody but now you're a famous artist!.....wonderful....congratulations....we're real proud of you.....:thumbsup:

'blue....:wave:

meggs
07-05-2014, 09:46 AM
please remember me....we were friends when you were a nobody but now you're a famous artist!.....wonderful....congratulations....we're real proud of you.....:thumbsup:

Ohhh Blue..:lol::lol::lol: Who the hell could forget you ... but Thanks, Im real proud of me to..:o Law of Averages says you have to fluke it sometimes :lol::lol:

meggs
07-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Sheesh will my luck ever change...

Had Paramedics in attendance yesterday after I suffered the mother of all dizzy turns, that sent me to the ground, violently ill..Seems the flu bug I picked up in UK and which has left me voiceless for over 6 weeks, still hasnt finished with me. Diagnosed with Vertigo attacks due to middle ear problems due to the virus, speaks well of me being able to return to work on Tuesday.

After giving me an injection to stop the nausea, the paramedics left with the understanding that bed rest was necessary and another attack would mean hospital.

A word of warning to all, If you start suffering from Chest and throat problems, Dont leave it hoping to improve... get to your Doc ASAP. This is a viral infection and damned hard to deal with. Ive had 3 courses of Anitbiotics and still not clear of it.

:wave:

bluefish
07-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Ah Meggs...... I thought you were 'falling for me'.......:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, please take good care of yourself......I guess you need someone to take care and watch over you.....:heart: :heart: :heart:

'blue...:wave:

meggs
07-06-2014, 07:12 AM
http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/160.gif

Aww Blue your so sweet, alas Im only good at long distant relationships :lol: Thank you for your concern though

Lady Carol
07-06-2014, 10:12 PM
CAROL :eek: now now Dearie be nice... :lol::lol::lol:
I thought I was :evil:

Lady Carol
07-06-2014, 10:14 PM
This is a viral infection and damned hard to deal with. Ive had 3 courses of Anitbiotics and still not clear of it.
You of all people should know that a virus will not respond to antibiotics.

Lady Carol
07-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Well as an update here, Maddie will be homeless at the end of the month. I have been at his barn for 16 years and now due to my trainer getting an offer on the property; yes, selling out to scum-bag developers (she is also a scum-bag IMO), we have to move. I have found a place closer to home but overall it is very stressful/scary to go to another trainer and I want him to get the best of care that he is currently getting. For me, learning the teaching style of the other trainer will be hard and I am nervous about that. It is much closer to home in time for travel so I can see me getting out there more often if the mood takes me. It is hard to get motivated knowing that there is a 30 min one way travel with the current place.

Also the bits that I have been using with him are my current trainer's and I am now rushing to get replacements. One, I can only find in the UK and the other is on order probably coming in, in 2 weeks. My blankets, fortunately I have found them all were originally left for the barn manager to wash as she said she would do them but I found them dirty and buried under a pile of other filthy blankets that also need washing. They are currently stinking my garage. I washed his sheet yesterday but it still stinks but not as much. At least I have them and I have found a place that will take them for washing. I just have to get them there.

I exaggerated on the homeless part. I want him there on the 15th so I only pay half the board at the current place. I want it all resolved and complete and I know that he is settling in OK.

meggs
07-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Carol , yes viral infections are a pain, however it must be the symptoms of it that the antibiotics help settle.. I know my throat was so ulcerated and sore, but definite improvement with 4 days on starting them. I have never understood quite how it works.

Office told me today when I rang in to let them know the situation, they have had up to 9 workers off in one day... Our ranks are decimated by this virus this year. Its so bad here at the moment, office doesnt even want a meedical certificate for x amount of time, just a fit to return to work certificate when ever that is...
Ok Im off to the Dr now...
Carol hope your move goes ok, try not to stress to much, Maddie will probably handle it better than you... Thoughts are with you anyways:)

Vivien Maloney
07-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Carole - I'm sorry to hear your horse has to go to another stable. Horses so hate change and it will take him a while to settle in.

I have severe arthritis in my hips and spine, so can't ride anymore. I had to sell my two hacks 10years ago, but I still have my two Minis..Star Dreamer and Missy. They satisfy my need for the sight and sound and smell of horses. It probably sounds crazy to others (who don't know horses) but it's that horsey smell that we remember with such affection and it's a memory that stays with us for life. My Dad put me on a horse when I was 3years old (a century ago! well not quite) and I remember it being the most wonderful feeling, so that was the beginning....I've had horses all my life.

meggs
07-07-2014, 03:45 AM
Viv, I so know what you mean, the smell of horses and cattle, the smell of manure and the smell of woodsmoke on the dusk air, evokes such happy memories in me of the times I spent on the farm as a child.

When I moved into town in 1989, I was homesick for the sound of cattle lowing at night and sight of distant hills... Im pathetic, even a magpies warble will take me back to the old farmehouse verandah. :heart:

bluefish
07-07-2014, 07:27 AM
City slicker here.....that smell of manure doesn't do a thing for me....dancing with a farm girl, with manure dabbed behind her ears, is a real turn off.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

stickly a 'Channel #5' guy!....:D

blue....:wave:

meggs
07-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Blue you have no soul.... nothing better than the squishy feel of steamy moo poo between the toes on a winters morning... :lol::lol: I bet you never take your shoes off and wiggle your toes in the grass..
Go to ground Son it will enrich your soul, not to mention kick start your immune system :clap:

bluefish
07-07-2014, 10:29 AM
and if I know you, you crawl back in bed with that warm stuff still between your toes.....glad we are 4000 miles apart....:lol: :lol: :lol:

bet Maureen, the lady, wears 'Channel #5'.....:D

meggs
07-07-2014, 11:43 AM
I'll have you know Blue, farm kids shower night and morning..:lol::lol: thats besides the time they spend swimming in the creek.

This was my creek..http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jul-2014/200778-Childhood_Nostalgia.jpg

Lady Carol
07-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Meggs what a gorgeous tree.

I am not much of a fan of the smell of manure and I did grow up around farms. What I love the best about Maddie is leaning really close to his neck and inhaling. You can't beat that horsey/hay aroma. I say to husband all the time, that Eau de Equine is the world's most expensive perfume.

Vivien Maloney
07-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Carole - I agree :thumbsup:
Meggs - beautiful, serene place.
Blue - there's no hope for you....you are a dedicated "townee"!

meggs
07-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Carol, :lol: and you would be right. I only grew up around farm nags, they would bite you sooner than look at you. That tree would have to be more than a 100 years old. Would you believe that when the creek was in flood, only the top branches would be showing.

That shot is my most favourite place in the world, even now Im known to drive out there and just sit. .. This was my Uncles Farm, I spent most of my growing years there. 300 acres of pure gold farmland nestled in the Tweed Valley.

Had to show you this, the other side of the tree, always reminds me of a Cathedral.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jul-2014/200778-Creek_crossing_014.jpg

meggs
07-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Viv I beat you up lol, hows it over there, bloody freezing here

meggs
07-08-2014, 03:03 AM
Finally got around to taking some photos of the winter garden and my new seat perch... all I need now. is the seat table repaired. If it doesnt happen soon, I shall have a go myself... I hate sitting around waiting on other people.... Dont they know Im an Impatient :evil:.

Am stuck at home till Friday. Work is so short staffed I said Id work. Dr did diagnose a form of vertigo , cant remember the name. Has given me something for the nausea but cant say how long it will last. Its so cold here today inside the unit, I have tended to remain outdoors in the sun.. Thats the trouble with a North to South facing home, lovely and cool in summer, but its "Brass Monkeys" in winter...

Hope you enjoy my pics. Hey did I show you my new lounge, well not new now. So comfortable and I love the cheery colour. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2014/200778-New_Lounge.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2014/200778-Home.jpg

bluefish
07-08-2014, 07:59 AM
lovely new home Meggs......you did a wonderful job of decorating.....and you would be a good catch for a guy who likes the smell of manure...:evil:

did you plant that tree?...:lol: .....actually, it is lovely and I can see why it brings back so many happy memories for you....

and Viv, sorry to disapoint you but a 'city slicker' or 'townie', as you call them, ain't all that bad!.....they just smell different...:D

Carol...I looked in Walmart for that brand but they don't carry it....would 'Eau de Walmart' do?.....it comes in 5 gallon bottles....could even wash your feet off after stepping in that warm stuff described by Meggs....;)

:wave:

Lady Carol
07-08-2014, 04:52 PM
did you plant that tree?...:lol:
Gasp!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Meggs, I did not know you were in NSW. I thought you were in QLD for some reason. You must be just over the border or something.

Blue, I prefer nothing but the finest......Eau de Equine :D Erm! think I will pass on 5 gallons of geriatric smell of Eau de Walmart

Vivien Maloney
07-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Meggs - wonderful job on your house - thanks for the great photos.
I actually thought you were in Queensland also, and couldnt understand how you were feeling cold...NOW I understand! :)

meggs
07-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Carol, Viv, I know how you got that Idea.... On my profile I put 120 kms from Brisbane, but you pair went the wrong way :lol:

Carol, your dead on I actually live in South Tweed Heads,, They call us the Twin Towns here, Tweed Heads and Coolangatta. I can stand with a foot in each state... Im not to partial to Queenslanders, they drive like maniacs, you always know when you have crossed the border. They dont know the meaning of give way :lol::lol::lol:

Blue my sweet, I hope I have as much character as that tree when Im that old.... Ohhhh you do like to stir the Pot :lol::lol:.. Thanks for the comments on my home, I do love my little house. :heart:

Lady Carol
07-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Meggs, I always assumed you were south but I thought you were "that" side of the boarder not living in the correct State.

meggs
07-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Heaven help me Carol, Nothing would induce me to live in that state. :eek:

Hell they wouldnt even have Daylight Saving, cause the extra sunlight would fade their curtains. and now they have a "lil Hitler" as premier and every person who rides a bike is a "Criminul" AND they cant drive !!!!!....:lol:

meggs
07-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Buggar was so cold when I was up and replied to Carol, so went back to bed. Got up later and was on the floor again... so much for working tomorrow..
Always knew I had a "screw loose" now its rolling around in there.

Vertigo sucks!!!:(

Antiqueteacher
07-09-2014, 09:33 PM
Peeps, so much has gone on here that I had to read and read to get caught up! Meryl, love, love, love your home!! You have such talent for putting the right things together!! Do you make "house calls"? :thumbsup: The tree is amazing, too! :clap: Is that a strangler vine around it? Now I have to get the map down again and locate your location!

Carol, sorry about Maddie, but, it sounds like it was time to move! Can't believe the dirty things she left you! He will need his mommy a lot for a while it seems. I had a horse for many many years and loved her. I know the smell of the leather and the scent of horses. . .yes, it does bring back the memories! Loved watching her eat watermelon on hot days.

Blue, horses are a young girl's dream, especially if they grew up in the country. My neighbor and I rode all of the time. Wish I had been able to take pictures with the camera that I have now on those rides that I took with her! :rolleyes:

Viv, sorry that you and Meryl are in the 'COLD' right now. Would love to send you some of our sunshine. . .we haven't hit the 100 degree (F) mark, but we are very close to it!

Maureen, are you home yet?

OKAY, now for the NEWS!!!! Next week on my way to San Antonio to my Cousins' Reunion, I am going to meet with Elaine and have lunch with her and I imagine Larry, too!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: We are both so glad to get to do this!!
What I would like to take her is something from each of you!! How about an email so that I can run them off and give them to her? Maureen, Carol, and Shirl already have my email address, so let me know if you need it, too. She told me that I would recognize her because she is the one in the wheelchair. Bless her heart! But, all of her grandchildren are with them now visiting and she is happy as a lark about that! I will take pictures and share our visit with you guys! Cannot wait to visit with her!!

Hugs, Peeps!!

Katherine :music: :music:

Vivien Maloney
07-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Katherine - Sounds brilliant! I'll PM you my e.mail address, so I can send a message to Elaine. :thumbsup:

meggs
07-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Me to Teach. Really miss her.

bluefish
07-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Meggs....it's not 'vertigo'....you're 'falling for me'.....:D

Katherine...please give Elaine a BIG hug from me....but be gentle!.....:thumbsup: :heart: :heart: :heart:

meggs
07-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Awwww Blue, I couldnt find a beating heart, will this do...

http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/190.gif Opps I thought I was giving you a "Brownie"

bluefish
07-11-2014, 07:24 AM
couldn't have been 'sweeter'.......:heart:

Lady Carol
07-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Katehrine, please tell Elaine I said Gidday and give her a big hug from me. Thx.

meggs
07-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Blue you gonna get a belt around the ears if your not careful...AND who is Derek????

BTW check out Sandys, BLACK Iris....:lol::lol:

Antiqueteacher
07-11-2014, 07:18 PM
I have run off all of the emails that I have received for Elaine. She is going to love them! Keep them coming!!

BTW, do you think there is someone or someones in Acrylic that would like to send her a note? Tell them to PM me and I will run it off for them to give to Elaine. I would love for her to have a bundle of them!!

Maureen, where are you?????

Hugs, Katherine :music: :music:

meggs
07-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Teach have posted message in Acrylics, Ya want something known, you use a MEGAPHONE .......http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/201.gif

Antiqueteacher
07-11-2014, 11:50 PM
Meryl, I should have asked you earlier. . .:angel: . . .thanks for helping out with this!! Have you heard from anyone in Acrylics? I have heard from Patti, Dewi, and us so far: (Carol, Blue, and you). Sent a note to Shar, Shirl, EP, and Maureen. Meryl or Carol, would you contact Raymo?

Want her to have lots of notes so that she knows she is really missed!! :heart:

justjean
07-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Katherine please let Elaine know I miss her and her cheerful posts and tell her I'm wishing her the best of luck :D

meggs
07-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Teach I told them you email you thru wet canvas, hope they do.

meggs
07-12-2014, 05:40 AM
I had to share this,

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jul-2014/200778-The_Old_Hat..jpg

Antiqueteacher
07-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Jean, I ran off your sweet message to Elaine, thank you!

Meryl, I have gotten a few PM's from Acrylics, thanks.

I posted in Mod's, too, and have gotten some there. She will be so pleased!! Can't wait to see her face!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Viv, when you get a chance, please send me yours.

Meryl, love the 'Old Hat'. . .so you!! :lol:

bluefish
07-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Meggs.....Derek is Dcam in Acrylics.....he has done some 'black and whites', like you, but then glazes over them in color....a real master....beautiful work....see it in demo#1 and#2, in Acrylics.....

I told you to paint that 'black flower'...BOLD move, and it appears right here for you to use....:thumbsup: ;)

'blue....:smug:

meggs
07-13-2014, 12:29 AM
Blue you constantly crack me up, :lol: Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Dcam, what an artist and Im certainly going to give his glazing idea a go. I understood what you said in Acrylics, however where the painting is hung its turned out the best course..

The few people who have visited, the blob of colour has caught their eye and they have gravitated to the painting to look into it... I think thats what we aim for. :wave:

PS I stole the frame off another poster, had to glaze it to :lol::lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jul-2014/200778-001.JPG

bluefish
07-13-2014, 07:45 AM
looking good Meggs.......the painting! ( and you;) ).......:wave:

meggs
07-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Blue, Im going to try Dcams technique on a underpainting... posting in WOYE shortly.

Vivien Maloney
07-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Katherine - I've sent you my message to Elaine. Hugs and prayers go with it.

meggs
07-15-2014, 12:15 AM
Australia has been treated to a Super Moon since the 14th of July. Closer to the earth than normal, we will see it again in September.. A friend shared this pic taken early morn on one of our local beaches.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2014/200778-supermoon.jpg

Antiqueteacher
07-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Wow, knock my eyes out, Meryl!! Beautiful shot!! Great job!!

I have about 15 notes to take to Elaine. I think that she will over your moon with these!! Thanks, guys and gals!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maureen is back from her vacation, so look for her. . .is the room clean enough, do you think???? She does not like it messy. . .BLUE, quit spilling the cookies on the floor again!!!! :angel:

Charlie's Mum
07-15-2014, 05:30 PM
'Evening all!

I'll be back sometime tomorrow so this room had better smell clean, fresh and, erm, 'elegant' I think ........ have to say I prefer Chanel to 'Manure' :lol: ..... even tho' I don't mind getting dirt under my nails while gardening :lol:

Read right through all above, love the pictures supplied by you, Meryl, house/home and childhood home .... and that moon! Wow!

Hope you're feeling better by now - vertigo is very unpleasant - so are ulcerated/septic throat infections.

Hope Maddie is now in his new home Carol - today is the move?

:wave: :wave: :wave: .... and hugs to all ....... especially 'blue, of course! :lol:;) :angel:

Night night - having cut the grass (2 hours it took :eek: ), I'm bushed!

bluefish
07-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Ah Maureen, I love the Chanel smell when you come in for a hug, after cutting the grass for two hours.and get dinner started!...you're my kind of gal!....:clap: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

so nice to have you back.....but Katherine and Meggs did a good job of keeping me on my toes....:D

Vivien Maloney
07-16-2014, 01:58 AM
Wonderful moon Meggs! :thumbsup:

Welcome back Maureen! Hope you had a great holiday break!:clap:

meggs
07-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Back at work after 4.5 months :music::music: Money coming in again..

Blue doing a Dcam , have posted in WOYE... had to give it ago.. :thumbsup:

bluefish
07-16-2014, 10:28 AM
WOW.....money coming in again......now you can take me out to dinner!....;)

Lady Carol
07-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Meggsy I am glad that you are finally back at work again.

M, Maddie is still at the old place. He told me that he did not want to go and decided he would go lame to stop the move. So now I am looking at the end of the month 28/29th to move him. Sigh! I just want it over and done with. I did send of August's board, so I have a stall reserved for him. This up in the air business is very infuriating and the fact that I cannot ride makes for some rather depressing days.

But on a side note I am painting my murals and pushing those along. I have done 10 so far (since March? I think I started on this project). I am currently working on 3 panels for Angelo's Pizza.

This is for Suzie Joe's Donuts. It is 7' X 4'
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2014/11811-IMG_20140622_123732.jpg

and this is for Bagelicious. It is 5' X 4'
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2014/11811-IMG_20140712_074411.jpg

meggs
07-16-2014, 05:28 PM
carol. wow thanks for sharing these they are fantastic... yep up in the dark again and off to work... It was great to get back, and heart warming to be greeted so warmly by my clients.

So sorry about Maddie, and yes can understand your frustration... heres hoping its sorted soon. :wave:

Charlie's Mum
07-16-2014, 05:56 PM
C - Sorry to hear all the frustrations with Maddie ... but those paintings are stupendous!:)

Meryl - glad you're fit enough for work - just take care!

Not in here much - still busy trying to get back to 'normal' with garden, shopping and Doc. visit for DH ........ tomorrow it's a hospital (ENT) visit for me then lunch with girlfriends .......... and Friday I have a dental hygienist appointment ....... just would like some time for picking up a brush, pen or any drawing/painting implement! :lol:

It's warm here but had some torrential rain this afternoon :eek:

meggs
07-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Peeps eat your heart out, ...

A Magical Winters Day in Aus, Check out the colour of that river.. no I havent fooled with the colour. Photo's taken at 10.30am

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2014/200778-winters_day_001.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2014/200778-winters_day_004.JPG

PattiLou
07-17-2014, 12:05 AM
Meggs, great pictures. Take a look a an evening in Alaska... taken at 10 PM. :D
Sorry, I just had to do that. Glad you are feeling better.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2014/125378-100B2620w_AK_Valdez_MountainEvening.jpg

meggs
07-17-2014, 02:49 AM
:lol: Patti, oneupmanship I see, I saw your posts on FB.. loved them, Im so envious.. Beautiful country.

Antiqueteacher
07-17-2014, 02:49 AM
Carol, your paintings are beautiful!! Great job!! Sorry about Maddie, too! He is getting stressed already. . .hang tight and just let it roll on. :crossfingers:

Meryl and Patti, wow and wow!! Meryl, is that called the Winter Blues?? :lol:

Thrilled that you up and working again, Meryl!! :clap: :clap:

Patti, at night?? Beautiful scene!! More, please!!

Well, on Friday I hope to be having lunch with our Elaine!! She will love her notes!! Thanks for sending them to her!! :thumbsup:

Maureen, glad to have you back and checking out the Room. . .it was hard keeping it clean with you and Elaine not there to help keep tabs on Blue!! :angel:

Hugs, Peeps, Katherine :music: :music:

bluefish
07-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Katherine.....please tell 'Elaine' that the bluecheese she left in the frig is really blue.....and when we open the frig door, we can't help but think of her!...wow!:D ......but it will be here to put on her crackers when she returns....:thumbsup:

really miss that charming lady....... :heart: :heart: :heart:

PattiLou
07-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Patti, at night?? Beautiful scene!! More, please!!
Hugs, Peeps, Katherine :music: :music:
LOL, yes, at night. Last night when we went to bed it looked just like mid-afternoon. Kinda cool in a way but then comes winter and I don't think I would like having dark most of the day.

There are a lot of pictures in my blog... but here are a couple more.
Horsetail Falls in Keystone Canyon just outside of Valdez, Alaska.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2014/125378-IMG_0603w_AK_KeystoneCanyon_HorsetailFalls.jpg

Scenic View from Keystone Canyon.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2014/125378-IMG_0613w_AK_Valdez_Mountains.jpg

A Bald Eagle that was catching something as we watched from the campground.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2014/125378-IMG_0592w_AK_Valdez_Eagle.jpg

Valdez is surrounded by mountains and everything is lush green. They have a lot of rain and cloud cover though, so a sunny day is a treat. We will be in Anchorage today. On Saturday our grandson is flying in to spend a week with us. Have to go grocery shopping for a hungry teenage boy before then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vivien Maloney
07-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Carole - love your paintings! Poor Maddie, hope he recovers quickly, for both your sakes.:thumbsup:

Maureen - always so much to catch up with at home when weve been away.....worth it though.

Katherine - looking forward to hearing about our lovely Elaine after your catch-up with her.

Blue - and a very good morning to you!

Meggs - beautiful photos! Weve had some beautiful crisp, clear days but hard frosts to go with them.

Patti - beautiful photos from you too! What a amazing place Alaska is! It must seem very strange, all those daylight hours and then the reverse in Winter.

justjean
07-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Meggs and Patti thanks for sharing your lovely photos :thumbsup:

Patti, browsed your site and what a wonderful photographer you are :clap:

PattiLou
07-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Thanks Vivien and Jean.

Patti - beautiful photos from you too! What a amazing place Alaska is! It must seem very strange, all those daylight hours and then the reverse in Winter. Winter... something I don't want to experience here, I would be too grumpy. I like my sunshine and light! :D I wouldn't mind visiting for a day to see the aurora borealis, that would be so cool to see. The colors look spectacular from the pictures I have seen and my DH has seen them when in the Navy. He said they are kind of spooky in a way. I guess it will have to be on my bucket list if there is any more room to add something. That list is sorta long. :lol:

Vivien Maloney
07-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Patti - Sometimes, if the atmosphere is right on the night, we get to see the "Aurora Australis" down here in the bottom of New Zealand. Haven't seen it much, but when it appears it is a magical sight! Lights up the sky with such wonderful flashing colored lights.:clap:
A priviledge to see it, but the sight is very rare. I've lived here all my life and only seen it a few times. When it does appear, it's usually from midnight to 2 or 3 in the morning. I live in one of the few places in the world to be able to see it.

justjean
07-18-2014, 03:06 PM
They can be seen in Ontario but the further north the better the show :D

Vivien Maloney
07-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Jean - yes you would see the Aurora Borealis from there.
The Aurora we see here in the deep South is the Aurora Australis - "The Southern Lights", reflected from Antarctica. An amazing sight to see, green, orange, blue, lights. All the colors in the spectrum of lights, awesome sight!

PattiLou
07-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Vivien... I thought I told you my bucket list is getting full.:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds like a wonderful sight and I love color.

bluefish
07-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Viv....when are going to have your 'light show'?.....sounds like you have some 'bucket list' customers.....:D

but we won't fly down on a certain airline.....maybe take a cruise to see them....:D

meggs
07-18-2014, 07:36 PM
I would love to see that Viv. I spos I should count my self lucky, I have always flown with Malaysia Airlines..Iheard the news last night and was stunned.. What a terrible thing to have happened.

It was great to return to work, and heartwarming to be greeted with such enthusiasm by my clients.. No wonder I thoroughly enjoy my job and I have to say I missed all the people I visit.

Hi to everyone of the PP Peeps, hope you all well and glad to see the greenies room active. :wave:

Vivien Maloney
07-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Meggs - Thats great youve had such a welcome return to work!
Yes, absolutely appalling about the Malaysian Airlines plane being shot down! :crying:

Lady Carol
07-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Not sure many people will fly Malaysian Airlines for a while. One lost and another shot down. Makes for bad publicity.

Vivien Maloney
07-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Carol - It sure does!

PattiLou
07-19-2014, 01:34 AM
I agree with Vivien about the airliner being shot down. What are people thinking when they do something like this?

Anyway I found some goodies for you...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2014/125378-IMG_0690w_AK_Anchorage_Nasturtium.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2014/125378-IMG_0692w_AK_Anchorage_Nasturtium.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2014/125378-IMG_0697w_AK_Anchorage_Daisy.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2014/125378-IMG_0700w_AK_Anchorage_Daisy.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2014/125378-IMG_0701w_AK_Anchorage_Fuchsia.jpg

Yes, they are that bright in real life. Pretty little things and I wish they were mine but they are at the campground in barrels.

One more just for fun... this is from near the airport in Anchorage.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2014/125378-100_3354w_AK_Anchorage_AirportSign.jpg

meggs
07-19-2014, 02:35 AM
Carol I agree with you on the bad publicity, its a pity because its to my mind one of the most comfortable airlines to travel with. Even the food is good.

Viv yes good to be back I was starting to stiffen up having been off so long. For the first time found it getting difficult to get out of a chair... I mean, that just not on...

Patti love em, bring me home some cuttings please.. Wonderful colours. I headed to the nursery this morning, bought some winter flowering to brighten up the garden.. Getting to much shade in the front, poor plants are struggling. :wave:

Vivien Maloney
07-19-2014, 03:49 AM
Patti - Beautiful flowers! Love the "Give way to aircraft" sign!!!

meggs
07-19-2014, 04:58 AM
Viv Im working on a new technique by Dcam that Blue pointed me towards. Check out the WOYE in acrylics... Im so excited about this.

I have just agreed to paint a sunrise scene in Thailand for a friend over there, its the view from their apartment. Looking forward to the challenge using this technique

bluefish
07-19-2014, 08:15 AM
maybe someone thought Meggs was on that plane...:evil: :D :lol:

just kidding Meggs....we :heart: you!......:wave:

meggs
07-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Blue my dear, Buggar Orf......http://www.pic4ever.com/images/vahidrk1.gif
(in case you cant see this, its me giving you a tongue lashing and hitting you over the head with a cricket bat) :lol::lol:

bluefish
07-19-2014, 12:44 PM
over here you would utilize a 'baseball bat'.....'cricket' is a bug that comes out @ night and makes a noisy sound.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

but either case, I get the :heart: note!......:D

hope everyone in here goes over to acrylics and see's the nice painting you have going.....when 'Spring' arrives, it may grow branches .....:rolleyes:

has anyone heard how the Elaine meeting went?

Lady Carol
07-19-2014, 06:04 PM
I think Elaine is back in hospital.:(

Vivien Maloney
07-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Carol - Oh no!! Poor Elaine!! It was beginning to sound so positive!

Meggs - have just checked out your WIP's in the Acrylic Forum. It's going beautifully!! The technique is certainly working for you. :thumbsup:
Could you point me to Dcam's Tutorial please? I tried to find it in the Info Section under glazing but couldn't find it.

meggs
07-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Viv, do a search in Acrylics for Dcam
Demo#1 Howard, Blue, Chammi (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1354800)..he then follows on with

Demo #2 graphite grissaile (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1355220)

His demo is using glazes over pencil . I used a grey scale comp and Im only using a cheap glazing medium.

Im so sorry to hear about Elaine, I hope her indomitable spirit continues to give her the strength to fight with Gods help.

Charlie's Mum
07-20-2014, 01:06 PM
One of our Acrylic guides spoke with Elaine last week - Thursday I think - she's in hosp for op on her foot and they'll try to 'do something' about her kidneys/dialysis too ....... but that's all I know .......... thinking that Katherine may not have seen her after all?

Super pics of flowers we grow here too Patti:) - gorgeous colours ..... love the road signs!

The plane crash - 10 from Britain included, and 2 were from this area :( - such a heartless action by inept people who shouldn't have such weapons.
The insurgents 'guarding' the site wouldn't let independant inspectors in and 'mysteriously' evidence has been removed and 'lost'.
The leader of the group in charge is a former truck/delivery driver! :rolleyes:

bluefish
07-20-2014, 03:30 PM
maybe Meggs should have that leader to 'tea'.....and utilize her 'cricket bat'.....:clap: :clap: :clap:

meggs
07-20-2014, 04:56 PM
I HEARD THAT BLUE, lucky Im out of bed at the crack of dawn......:lol:

I have a better solution, Death by cattle prodder:evil:

Lady Carol
07-21-2014, 04:44 PM
I HEARD THAT BLUE, lucky I'm out of bed at the crack of dawn......:lol:
Funny. Husband gets out of bed by the crack of noon.

meggs
07-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Carol, ever heard of a bucket of cold water..... :evil:

bluefish
07-22-2014, 08:04 AM
with you, who could blame him!.......:clap:

Charlie's Mum
07-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Ouch blue! Ooooo ......... .:D

Wonder if Katherine is back yet?

Hot here today so staying out of the sun :wave: (Hot for us is 22C in the shade):D

justjean
07-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Hot here today so staying out of the sun :wave: (Hot for us is 22C in the shade):D

I will have to stay in if I want to breath today cause it's 30c or 86f here today :D

Lady Carol
07-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Carol, ever heard of a bucket of cold water..... :evil:
why would I want him up before I leave for work? Makes for a very quiet and peaceful morning. I enjoy the time to myself.

Lady Carol
07-22-2014, 03:27 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jul-2014/11811-CarolHorse4.jpg

Vivien Maloney
07-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Ohhhh, hes gorgeous Carol! Such a lovely rich bay coat. He's quite tall - 16hands? Beautiful photo! Hope he's settling down a bit more now.

meggs
07-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Hey Carol, your a hottie, hey the horse isnt bad either :lol::lol::lol:

Lady Carol
07-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Viv, he is 16.3. Yep he is a big boy.

Thanks Meggs. :)

Charlie's Mum
07-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Beautiful photo Carol - both subjects!:)

Jean - I think our temps were approaching that in the sun - too hot for me to stay out ..... it's 25C now at almost 9pm ....... but it's nice out there now:D
Had to water some of my hydrangeas, they were looking very sorry - I think the rain a couple of days ago was so hard it just ran off them and didn't get near their roots - they are BIG plants!
Went out to look at them a little while ago and they're thanking me :D

Vivien Maloney
07-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Yes Maureen, please send some of that heat down here. We are shivering in frosty temps.

Looking forward to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. New Zealand's team has arrived there and are all keen to get into it! Should make for great tv viewing!

bluefish
07-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Meggs....you're stealing my lines.....(Carol and animal)!...:D

Lady Carol
07-22-2014, 08:56 PM
:) blue you are smoothie.

Are you chocolate or vanilla?

bluefish
07-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Carol....'coconut'.....sweet and fulfilling!.......;)

Lady Carol
07-24-2014, 11:39 AM
snigger!!!

PattiLou
07-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Catch of the day...
My grandson caught 2-Pacific Cod and 1-Coho (Silver Salmon). I caught 2-Coho... would have been three but the first one found his freedom just as I brought him to the surface. When they took the picture the boat was rolling side to side on the swells so we were having a hard time staying on our feet and holding the catch at the same time. :lol: Had fun anyway.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jul-2014/125378-100_3219w_AK_KenaiFjordsNP_FishingTrip.jpg

Vivien Maloney
07-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Well done Patti! You look as if you were enjoying yourself, out on the water, fishing with your grandson! :thumbsup:

Charlie's Mum
07-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Great pic of you both Patti ... andof the fish!

PattiLou
07-26-2014, 01:14 AM
Vivien we did enjoy the day. It was supposed to rain and didn't so that was a plus. It was cloudy enough but no rain.

Thanks Maureen... was having trouble trying to stay standing but I did. :D

My grandson leaves tomorrow evening... flying back home, then we are heading home on Sunday. He will get home Sunday and it will take us probably 3-weeks. :lol:

justjean
07-26-2014, 08:53 AM
A great photo of you and your handsome grandson, looks like you both had a wonderful day :)

bluefish
07-26-2014, 05:20 PM
any news from/about Elaine?

Antiqueteacher
07-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Did someone call me????

I am back and taking care of 'stuff' that life likes to throw at you!! :lol:

Elaine. . .we tried to meet on my way to San Antonio, but Elaine was in the hospital, so, I got my GPS tuned for the hospital, but when I got near my turn, I called her and she was on her way home! :eek: She had had surgery on her foot. She had been taken in an emergency ambulance one night really ill! She told me that she thought she was 'going home' when I called her at the hospital before I left. . .I told her not to 'go home' until I got there and she said 'really home' and I told her I understood that. Bless her heart. So, we decided it would be better to visit after I was on the way home. Well, that was not to be either, but we agreed that we would meet soon!! :crying: :crying: :crying: I was so disappointed, but so was Elaine. If anyone has her address, I want to send her letters to her!! Carol, I will add the one with you and Maddie, too, she will love that!! All of the frustration that she and I went through was worth all of it for me!! In the same town, but could not make contact. . .that is frustrating!! But, her 'town' is huge because it is next to Austin, our capitol, so, everyone wants to live there!!

Oh, I have looked at all of your pictures, Patti, and am amazed at the beauty of Alaska and your fish!! Wow!! Impressive!! :clap: :clap:

Meryl, I looked up that guy in Acrylics and was blown away with his work!! Glad you are back at work!! :thumbsup:

Blue, behave yourself!! :angel:

Maureen, thanks for watching out for me always!! :heart:

Viv, glad you got to be with family, too! :wave:

Our Cousin's Reunion was wonderful and we had tons of stories to tell!! We lucked out and a 'cool' front was there while we were there. . .only in the 80's F instead near 100's F. We ate some great authentic Mexican food and it was wonderful!! San Antonio is a busy place in the summer with lots to do!! I will be going back in June for our Delta Kappa Gamma Convention, so I wanted to scope it out this summer.

Vivien Maloney
07-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Katherine - that must have been so frustrating for both you and Elaine! To miss each other by such a small margin! But you tried and she knows we are all thinking of her. :heart:

Lady Carol
07-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Katherine, I am sorry that you were unable to meet Elaine. She is such a fab lady, and yes please give her the pic of me and Maddie. She loved the visit with him.

Charlie's Mum
07-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks Katherine - and so sorry you both were so near but so far from each other!
Glad Elaine's now home though - that's good to hear ...... and at least she isn't suffering from COLD!
I'll PM her address.

PattiLou
07-30-2014, 12:02 AM
Oh gee Katherine, what a bummer to make all those plans and not be able to meet. Can't say you didn't try though.:thumbsup:

Thanks, yes Alaska is beautiful but so far away. We left on Sunday headed back home. In the Yukon Territory right now but still have about 4000 miles to go. :eek: That is if the motorhome holds together after traveling on the Alaska Highway but we are thru the worst of it. Looking forward to some sunshine and warm weather... and painting time. I've missed it but have been so busy.

Lady Carol
07-30-2014, 10:17 AM
It's the Maddie move today. I am very anxious about the new place and will they look after his eye as well as the previous barn. For those who don't know he is practically blind in one eye and has severe photophobia with it. It is protected from light as much as possible and he is a happy camper.

Lady Carol
07-30-2014, 02:35 PM
The eye has been sorted for now with a temporary window fix.

When he got there he screamed and screamed. I have never heard him make any noise. He doesn't even knicker. I was surprise. He has been to a ton of shows and never screamed there. Clearly he knew this was different.

Antiqueteacher
07-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Patti, have fun on your 'short' trip! :lol: :lol:

Oh, Carol, what an awful thing for you! Poor Maddie, he was so stressed! Hope he is settling down. Thank goodness he is closer so you can check on him more. Glad you got the eye sorted. Hugs to you both!!:grouphug: :grouphug:

Got all the notes ready to go! Can't wait for Elaine to get them!!

Off to put a bg on my painting! I keep hoping it will just be there when I get there! :angel:

Vivien Maloney
07-31-2014, 04:07 AM
Carol - that would be SO distressing for both of you! You would feel so helpless. Poor Maddie! Horses hate change.

meggs
07-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Just reading thru the posts... What a bummer all round. No Noods and poor Maddie. Carol I bet you were nearly in tears, to hear any animal screaming I think is agony, it cuts you to the heart.

Teach glad you checked out DCam, Id like to shake that mans hand, but I'll have to shake Blues instead for pointing the way to him..
Im working on another Hibicus painting my best friend has requested for her birthday present this year. I was using Dcams method, but she blew it out of the water.

She wants the flowers "Fire Engine Red" and brighter than bright. So instead I shall be slinging some "Full Bodied" paint. :wave:

bluefish
07-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Meggs...you have done a beautiful job with dcam's glazing over graffite....but I can't wait to see 'the stunning reds' you come up with for your friend....dcam lives in NJ and is a cyber friend...he was an illustrator and now teaches art @ the college and high school level....very masterful artist and fun guy....so you can poke him and he will retaliate....:lol:

Vivien Maloney
07-31-2014, 04:06 PM
Meggs - I like the sound of your new commision! I love bright colors. Please post it when youve finished so we can see it.

Well its the 1st day of August for us "down under". I always feel as if Im in "limbo" when the first day of the month arrives in NZ. Everyone else - except Meryl - is still back in July and here I am in August, Our time-zone in NZ is so far ahead of the rest of the world, its weird. :D

meggs
07-31-2014, 06:43 PM
I agree Viv and your the only one on line when Im online, the others are sleeping their heads off.

I spent last night checking if I had left a cig burning somewhere, could smell smoke. This morning this is all I can smell, smoke everywhere.
The Gold Coast ( just up the road abit) is doing controlled burns around their dam, acres of bushland in a heavily populated area. Thanks to a very dry winter,Australia is set for a hell of a bush fire season.. Heaven help everyone this year.

Antiqueteacher
08-01-2014, 01:16 AM
Meryl, you must share your new painting with us!! Love the fire engine reds!! Wow!! :thumbsup:

Carol, hope that Maddie has settled down some.

BTW, the notes are in the mail to Elaine!! :clap: :clap:

Blue, you did such a nice thing for our Meryl! Wow, you do have a sweet heart!! He really does beautiful work!!

Maureen, where are you hiding???

It poured rain all day today. . .sorry to mention that, Meryl, but we had our bout with no rain for so many, many months, remember? Remember, everything is in cycles!

Viv, so what does August 1st look like? :lol: We'll be there in a few minutes!

Dancing. . .we get our younger Grandchildren next week!! Last weekend their GF was visiting them. I know that they have grown like a weed!! Our older GS will turn 18 the 5th! I know that I have not aged 18 years since he was born!! :rolleyes:

Off to bed!!

Charlie's Mum
08-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Ah well Viv (and Meryl) you had time to tidy our room ready for August didn't you? .......... so I'll head over there now and see what's what!:lol: