PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Michelangelo

trafford
07-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Happy July 1st.

Very hot here today, so I had to turn the dreaded AC on so I wouldn't faint or have my head blow up.

June is having PC problems and haven't heard from Robin and Brian for a bit...but I'm sure they will check in eventually. Sandra is posting and glad to hear from her.

I posted a mid month paint a long...and we can use that project for July as well. Could use some more photos if anyone would like to add a few.

We like the idea of self portraits. I'll make a project for that.
Any ideas for new or future projects?

You can post some summery pictures here if you like or wintery ones, if that applies.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2014/42757-bathing_beauty_2.JPG

Be well...janet:heart:

brianvds
07-02-2014, 12:25 AM
June is having PC problems and haven't heard from Robin and Brian for a bit...but I'm sure they will check in eventually.

I have been incommunicado because we have had a power cut here for three full days. Apparently an electricity substation caught fire after thieves stole some electrical cabling (cable theft is a major problem here in South Africa).

Well, I made an adventure out of it. Having grown up in the boondocks, where we lived perfectly happily for years with no electricity, I was able to take it in my stride, and I actually rather enjoyed the soft light of paraffin lamps, and cooking on a fire.

Now the power is back on, and thus here I am. :-)

Love your picture, by the way!

artbyjune
07-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Love your summer painting! I will be without my laptop for maybe 2weeks. A. Self portrait project would be good. I can always do the art and save it to post later when I am up and running. The tablet is handy but frustrating to use!

Looking forward to all the artworks for July!!

brianvds
07-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Haven't had much time for art for a while. But I want my grade 6 class to do a pen and watercolor painting, so naturally I had to paint an example, meaning I got to practice my hobby on company time. :-)

I couldn't get hold of sufficiently cheap dip pens, so I just used a ballpoint. The little thing is a bit washed out; I'll have to do another some time.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2014/142294-2014_mountain_landscape_ballpoint_and_watercolour_A5.JPG

trafford
07-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Very nice Brian...like the muted colors.

brianvds
07-31-2014, 10:51 PM
Very nice Brian...like the muted colors.
They are actually a bit brighter in the original. But with painting there is always danger of getting too garish, so I tend to be a bit cautious about it. :-)

artbyjune
08-09-2014, 03:23 AM
This may be an interesting book to view if you are interested in Icon painting.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1844487946/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1G3B25WQ9WKNE7CKZSN5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455333147&pf_rd_i=468294

I am happy with my new scanner/printer so far. The programme has lots of extras...like a paint programme! Still to try out all the things on the scanner.

Our weather is good at the moment.

A quick digi doodle:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2014/106623-meercatorange1.jpg

I am finding my way around my programmes...I prefer to click and hope for the best rather than reading the manual!!

:D :D

trafford
08-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Like your doodle...I got too complicated. I am beginning to get used to my new computer. Not good at finger slide thingy and plugged in a mouse...nuch better. It is very sensitive and has a mind of its own. Will try again someday.

azulparsnip
08-14-2014, 02:25 PM
good hearing from everyone......Brian - nice watercolor sketch....the watery clouds and dry grass are nice.
June, that is the sweetest prarie dog ever!!!!

I'll scan in some stuff soon.

Janet, I'm assuming that is a tile? I love it . it would be perfect in some one's beach house.

We had a lovely family vacation at the beach and then 4 came down with hand mouth and foot virus from something there. I bought a ukulele and have been strumming as often as possible... really picks up my spirits.