PDA

View Full Version : patterns in math

sword
06-23-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm having fun illustrating abstract patterns based on math/logic. The first line is read as CCpCqrCqCpr, space, CpApq, space. Krita drawing application version 2.8.1 and a Wacom tablet CTH-480 in Linux Mint 'Quiana' Cinnamon 64 bit. The honeycomb pattern was built-in and brushes with filters were used on layers.

b'anna
06-24-2014, 07:14 PM
It's always fun to learn something new. I love playing with new digital toys!
Look forward to seeing what you can do with this.
Barb

arl
06-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Really interesting and creative.

Munin Raven
07-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Nice. I don't think the larger blue hexagon grouping (?) colour works too well visually. Maybe a lighter, less saturated blue would be better, but maybe there is a distinct (non aesthetic) reason for the colours? Maybe they are standard for mathematical representation?

Also, thanks for name dropping 'Krita'. I've never come across that program, so I might have to check it out.

Regards

sword
07-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Nice. I don't think the larger blue hexagon grouping (?) colour works too well visually. Maybe a lighter, less saturated blue would be better, but maybe there is a distinct (non aesthetic) reason for the colours? Maybe they are standard for mathematical representation?

Also, thanks for name dropping 'Krita'. I've never come across that program, so I might have to check it out.
You are right. I had difficulty changing it so I just left it. I don't know of any standard colours being used.
Krita is a great, free application with excellent brushes. It works in Linux and in Windows and it is the reason I upgraded my computer and bought a tablet. Most things work very well with just a mouse.

Regards