PDA

View Full Version : Art Shops in Bergen, Norway

Nilan6
06-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Hello to all,

After a long hiatus I am trying to restart my art journey again. I had posted a few times about 8-10 months ago and then after that I couldn't go about it anymore as I had to look for a job.
Now, I have finally found a job and have moved from India (my original place of residence) to Bergen, Norway.

However, over the course of the flight, it seems the security people at Amsterdam(where I had a stopover) have misplaced my entire box of drawing pencils which I had carefully been using since my youngest days. I was quite fond of the pencils as I had made many a beautiful art with them...
My other art materials (pastels, watercolours, brushes) fortunately arrived properly.

So, now that I'm in Bergen, I would like to know where can I buy good quality art materials? What all places stock/sell things like paper, brushes, pencils, pastels, paints etc?
I need to buy a set of pencils again, ranging from 2H through HB to 8B graphite asap as without them I'm handicapped. I have no pencils with me.

So I would be grateful if anyone knows what and where are the good art shops in Bergen, Norway?

Thanks for your time and reading my post.

robertsloan2
06-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Oh ow! That bites. I know the horrible feeling of misplacing something that favorite and useful. I can't help on art shops in Norway, but I do know that there are some online shops that might be able to help. Hopefully there are Norwegian ones too that have free shipping, or at least European ones where shipping won't be as expensive.

Nilan6
06-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi Robert!:)

So nice to hear from you again!:clap:

Thanks for your message and kind words. Yes, it's a horrible feeling as one has so many cherished memories associated with them...

Would you happen to be aware of other users from Norway by any chance who are here on WC? That way, maybe I could contact them and ask if they know? Maybe here or in the watercolour forum or other forums?
Simple googling of art shops in bergen is throwing up list of galleries instead of shops where the materials are stocked...

*Marina*
06-24-2014, 04:03 PM
So sorry to hear about this. They might still turn up! Let's hope so. Try meretheT. She lives in the north of Norway.

Colorix
06-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Ah, so you've moved to the city of +10 C and rain...
Sorry, can't help with shops in Bergen. In the Nordic countries, it is hard to find decent pastel supplies. I buy the stuff from England.

Morten
06-24-2014, 06:01 PM
You should try kem.no

Saskia
06-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Have you tried looking online for something in your area? I've never been there, but here are some search results in local directories for art supplies in Bergen:

http://norway.u121.com/cgi-bin/searchmaps.pl?val=search&keywords=Art+Supplies&town=Bergen&county=Hordaland&country=Norway

http://companylist.org/cities/bergen-no/Office_School_Supplies/Art_Supplies/

It looks like there are a lot of possibilities. Maybe you could call the stores near you to see what they have?

Nilan6
06-30-2014, 04:51 AM
So sorry to hear about this. They might still turn up! Let's hope so. Try meretheT. She lives in the north of Norway.

Hi Marina:)

Thank you for your kind message.
They won't turn up now...it's been well over 3 weeks since I arrived here. The guys at Amsterdam also misplaced the photo of my parents which I was carrying with me.
I can still video chat with my folks back home so that's kind of ok...but the pencils, sharpeners, erasers..gone:crying:

There is a local mall here called Galleriet and there was a stationery there from where I bought some drawing pencils and HB pencils and drawing sheets. I forgot to buy erasers and sharpeners so would go there again and maybe ask the shop attendent if he/she knows good art supply stores nearby.

Update : A very kind person here PMed informing me about 2 art supply stores in the city. :clap: So will go and check it out.

Nilan6
06-30-2014, 04:56 AM
Ah, so you've moved to the city of +10 C and rain...
Sorry, can't help with shops in Bergen. In the Nordic countries, it is hard to find decent pastel supplies. I buy the stuff from England.

Hi Colorix :wave:

Yes you are spot on about the city:thumbsup:
Although it hasn't rained much yet since I arrived here :D (but it will i'm sure)

When you say you buy the materials from England, do your order them online? If so, would it be possible to please mention the name(s) of the retailer(s)?

I got to know about some art supply stores here just a few minutes back by a generous member who PMed me so will check them out.

Nilan6
06-30-2014, 05:03 AM
You should try kem.no

Wow this is fantastic!:clap:
Thanks for this Morten :thumbsup:

Nilan6
06-30-2014, 05:10 AM
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Have you tried looking online for something in your area? I've never been there, but here are some search results in local directories for art supplies in Bergen:

http://norway.u121.com/cgi-bin/searchmaps.pl?val=search&keywords=Art+Supplies&town=Bergen&county=Hordaland&country=Norway

http://companylist.org/cities/bergen-no/Office_School_Supplies/Art_Supplies/

It looks like there are a lot of possibilities. Maybe you could call the stores near you to see what they have?

Hi Saskia :)

This is quite informative! Thanks for this :cool:
The local directories definitely gave better results than google search:thumbsup: In fact one of the shops Hobbykjelleren was mentioned by a very nice and kind member who PMed me. So, I would definitely be paying this shop a visit a very soon:)