PDA

View Full Version : Aus. Fine Art & Decorative Painting Magazine.

annamelia
06-19-2014, 01:55 AM
Last week I discovered that my scratchboard "Green Eyes" was featured on the cover of the current FADP magazine. It was also the first project to be featured in the mag, as well as my name being mentioned in the Editor's note and a picture of "Green Eyes" also shown under the Stockists page. Scratchboard is certainly gaining in popularity down here as I have now had quite a few scratchboard projects published.

It was a complete surprise and I had no idea it would be on the cover, this is the second time my scratchart has appeared on the cover of one of the Aussie magazines and not knowing...a couple of years ago I discovered "A Mother's Love" when I went to the newsagent for something else at the time, to walk past the art magazines and there it was. Seems it is common practice down here not to pass on the good news and to keep it a surprise.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2014/66135-Cover_1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2014/66135-Cover_Artists_Drawing__Inspiration2.jpg

VENKAT
06-19-2014, 03:51 AM
You are fitting Ambassador for promoting SB Art, Judy. Congratulations on the publications
Venkat

annamelia
06-19-2014, 05:13 AM
Thank you very much Venkat :)

Emerlyearts
06-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Congratulations. Well done.

SandeVBL
06-19-2014, 06:22 AM
What a great surprise that must have been! Congratulations

ggart4u
06-19-2014, 07:08 AM
I think they should have given you a "heads up" but, wow! Good for you!

PaintDog
06-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Well done, Judy! Congratulations!

PatrickHedges
06-20-2014, 02:11 AM
Awesome news Judy!! Well done.

I've had the same experience with Drawing and Inspiration and when I spotted my own work on the cover one month without having a clue about it. Also seeing my articles reprinted in other magazines with no knowledge. I have no problem with them doing it though it would be nice to be told in advance. I once had to be told by a friend online and another way I found out once was by an unexplained spike in visitors to my website - so I checked the magazine stand and sure enough, there was my reprinted article from two years before.

Trilby
06-20-2014, 02:42 AM
Congratulations to both of you and of course publicity is great for our art form but good heavens, don't they have to get permission to use your copy righted work? Without permission you have no control over where it can appear.
Judy, both pieces are, of course, stellar and it's altogether grand to have the recognition.
TJ

PatrickHedges
06-20-2014, 11:07 AM
TJ, although it's still our copyright, I guess we've signed an element over since Judy and I have both been published in the particular magazines before with the same article. They are simply reprinting them since I suppose they don't always have enough material for a monthly mag. The surprise is that a cover is a lot of kudos and it would be nice to know when our work is appearing on a cover, but when they do an article reprint, they don't tell us so we end up finding out by chance. I suppose they think we should be subscribed to the magazines that we write for but...you know :lol:

Diane Cutter
06-20-2014, 03:33 PM
A huge congratulations... That's wonderful!

Diane

nelvia
06-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Such a thrill, congratulations

FoggyMountain
06-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Wow, how cool is that? You must be super excited. Congratulations!

Harry Seymour
06-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Judy, this is terrific to see. You deserve every bit of the accolades.

annamelia
06-22-2014, 12:37 AM
Thank you everyone. :)

jonc50
06-23-2014, 01:32 AM
Very nice work!

Jon C.