PDA

View Full Version : Grey Rabbit - Critique welcome.

Flitterby
06-18-2014, 04:12 AM
I'm a brand new member and thought I would show you one I'm quite pleased with. I didn't use a particular reference - just got ideas from looking at photos and watercolour paintings.

This was painted in ArtRage 4 using watercolour and airbrushes. I have no experience with watercolour in real media but I'm trying to emulate it digitally. I love the look of loose watercolour and I'm finding that a challenge with digital watercolour but I'm working on it.:cat:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jun-2014/1890388-grey-rabbit-th.jpg

LavenderFrost
06-18-2014, 11:11 AM
Very nice watercolour look and the head looks really good. I would just like to see a bit more definition where the feet are.

Lucy-Foote
06-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Your drawing of the rabbit is very good. Takes practice to achieve what you want, but your on the right track :)

Lucy http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jun-2014/70668-a_Foote_icon_sm.JPG

Flitterby
06-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Thanks to you both for taking the time to comment.

Elainepsq
06-19-2014, 12:06 PM
It looks great! I'm not sure about whether the feet show more when a rabbit sits like that. I know cats often sit like that with their feet underneath. My granddaughter and I call that the "meatloaf" position! :lol:

Flitterby
06-20-2014, 02:47 AM
I asked for a critique so I won't argue about the position of the rabbit's feet. They do 'meatloaf' we use the term too. Because this is a watercolour I wasn't trying to be photo realistic - just giving the suggestion of feet being there.:)

Always interesting to read what others see in a painting.

b'anna
06-20-2014, 12:54 PM
You created a very realistic watercolor effect that works very nicely for this painting. Looking forward to seeing more!
Barb

Flitterby
06-22-2014, 04:48 AM
Thanks for your comment - I find digital watercolours very challenging even tho the medium in ArtRage can be quite realistic, I haven't managed it to my satisfaction - yet! :)