PDA

View Full Version : cloudscape with iridescent touches

sundiver
09-27-2003, 06:19 PM
This is for Craig's cloud project but I thought I'd post it because of the recent discussion about iridescent pastels.
This is 8x10 o.p. on turquoise Canson primed with clear pastel ground.
I used 3 iridescents for accents. At first they were very distracting in a certain light- that's all you could see- so I had to blend the edges.
I'm not sure how well it scanned because of my #[email protected]%* monitor.

Dyin
09-27-2003, 06:27 PM
is this OPs??? did you find it clouded the color underneath?? They don't show up very well in scans...I tried before...I see pink mostly and a touch of yellow and lavender? They don't irridess in a photo... :(

sundiver
09-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Here's a digital photo version from an angle. Does it show up better here?
The Sennellier iridescents I have are almost transparent, especially over lighter colors.

Nori
09-27-2003, 09:00 PM
Sundiver, I really like the second scan. (It has more lavenders and aquas). The clouds look air-y and light and ephemeral.

My condolences on your monitor. I would have sooooo much pent up frustration if I couldn't see the posts here. Hope relief is on the way.

Dyin
09-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Yep, you can see it much better now!!! the whole painting looks better now too...and they glow some too...too cool!

sundiver
09-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Nori
My condolences on your monitor. I would have sooooo much pent up frustration if I couldn't see the posts here. Hope relief is on the way.

Yeah, maybe I'll find some money on the sidewalk! :D

Laura Shelley
09-27-2003, 11:03 PM
That's lovely! The iridescents must give a nice glow in real life--but the clouds have a good sunset look in any case.

MM

blissfullyunaware
09-28-2003, 12:53 AM
Hmmm very interesting. Best looking clouds I've seen in awhile! Excellent job. I'm thinking the iridescent colors are good in theory.... I'd hate to have to spin the painting around all the time to get it in a "particular" light before you can get the effect. But you have worked with them well, and managed to come out with some very luminous clouds :clap: :clap: Thanks for sharing this info with us. Sharon

Dark_Shades
09-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Well I liked this before.......... but the second showing..... is fantastic..... love it Wendy :clap: ..... I sympathise with you over your monitor and scans....... I know how you feel, as having the same problems..... no colours look right and I keep having to adjust the contrast as mine keep showing far toooooo bright.....

Beautiful, beautiful piece........ can you tell me what colours you used in the dark trees.... In the first one, it looked like blues and reds...... not so sure now lol.......

gorgeous work :clap:

sundiver
09-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Dark_Shades
[BI sympathise with you over your monitor and scans....... I know how you feel, as having the same problems..... no colours look right and I keep having to adjust the contrast as mine keep showing far toooooo bright.....
Beautiful, beautiful piece........ can you tell me what colours you used in the dark trees.... In the first one, it looked like blues and reds...... not so sure now lol.......
gorgeous work :clap: [/B]

My monitor shows waaay too dark, and all red-purples-blues.
For the trees I used my darkest purple, covered with my darkest green. There's a bit of red and green in the foreground.

Thank you all for your comments! I'll have to wait until Monday at work before I can even see how this looks!

Artaholic
09-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Sundiver, what a beautiful touch they give to the clouds . Seems like they would be worth trying.:clap: