PDA

View Full Version : Frog Picture - Artist Block

prtpix
09-27-2003, 04:42 PM
I am painting this picture of my treefrog.
I am having trouble finishing it.
I like the back ground, I like the frog, I like the flower, I'm not finished with the branch yet.
I want to put something above the frog. Like a bumble bee, the sun, Hmmmmmmmmmm. that's where I'm having trouble. I can't deside what to put up there.
I might ad some foliage on the branch and by the flower too.
but, something has to go above that frog.

DanaT
09-27-2003, 06:22 PM
Cool, maybe some foliage from another branch shading the cute little green one?

Have you thought of cross posting in Illustration? I bet you'd get lots of ideas there too. :)

You can post the same work in two or three forums to get the feedback you need as long as its not more than that.

prtpix
09-27-2003, 08:06 PM
I desided on a palm tree. I still may tweek it tommorrow when the light in my room is better.
I will also have to photograph it again. This picture is darker because I took the earlier one outside when the sun was shining.
Thanks for looking at my froggie.

DanaT
09-27-2003, 08:09 PM
Cool! He does look happier now! :)

Keith Russell
09-28-2003, 11:59 AM
Hmmm.

I like the first image better--

--but I wold prefer it without the flower.

I like the starkness of the image, with just the frog and the branch, though I agree the branch could be improved with more detail, and a sense of light and shade.

I find the addition of the flower and trees, distracting. They lead me away from the frog...and I think the frog should remain the focus.

K

it'sALLart
10-05-2003, 08:36 PM
i gotta agree with keith on this. that flower seems to be so out of place, so "graphic design" compared to the rest of the painting. is it symbolic? almost makes it seem east indian or something.

that second palm tree was a good idea, but it's soooo close to the froggies back that there is tension for me. too late to change or would you want to?

Bill J
10-31-2003, 03:40 PM
My comments are something I got from one of my instructors on a similar picture. I think you have 2 pics here, split it down the middle and you have a flower and a nice picture of a frog (Danas comment about backround was good). 2 for the price of one lol--

lets see more pls!

bill