PDA

View Full Version : Greenies Room June 2014

Lady Carol
06-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Hello........hello...knock...knock.....
I can't believe I am the first here this month. Ah well, I get to eat the best donuts.

Antiqueteacher
06-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Hi, Carol!!! Happy June 1st!! Almost 90 degrees F here. :eek: Maybe I should join you and Blue on the water! :angel:

Where are the donuts and pies? Did you eat them all??? Perhaps Blue has been in and didn't leave a trail!! WAIT, I might have found it!! :rolleyes: :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2014/146894-11811-27632-who_ate_the_pie.gif

Hugs, Katherine :music: :music:

meggs
06-02-2014, 04:24 AM
Hi All, am sweating on this months PP invite and challenge....:crying: Still havent got a voice and feel like crap in spite of Antibiotics.... Need something to do to cheer the "old broad" up.

Not safe to go away... came home to no internet or phones, mobile included. Provider went "belly up" while I was away. You try organizing new coverage without voice..... Went to get glasses adjusted today, Optometrist gone!!!! Life is never simple...:lol:

bluefish
06-02-2014, 07:18 AM
Ah Meggs....two messages, twice the fun.....;)

and forget that 'old broad' and insert 'a young swinger'....that's how I think of you.....:D

and no voice make it so much more enjoyable......:lol:

glad to have you back to 'enlighten' us with your wisdom and adventures..:rolleyes:

'blue....:wave:

bluefish
06-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Katherine.....the pie was already devoured by Carol when I walked in....crumbs on the floor, only one stale bagel and no cream cheese left....that girl can eat!.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

'blue....:wink2:

meggs
06-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Aww Blue, you make me feel so warm and fuzzy....

Hey as to Carols appetite........ its all that horse riding... this gal is Physical....

Shirl Parker
06-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Speaking of horses, Carol, are you going to the Belmont Stakes this Saturday? How exciting will that be if California Chrome wins it all! :crossfingers:

Charlie's Mum
06-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Looks like the goodies need replenishing!
Will search the larder!;) :D

Lady Carol
06-03-2014, 03:37 PM
I figured no one would notice if I ate the whole pie. :o:o BTW it was the best lemon meringue pie I have eaten in ages.

Shirl, I am not going to the Belmont. It is unlikely that there will be a triple crown winner this year, as much as everyone is holding their breath for California Chrome. JMO.

Antiqueteacher
06-04-2014, 12:04 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2014/146894-17813-32965-smilie_choco_kiss.gif

Well, at least a candy kiss was left!! :clear: Maureen, is there anything else left? Where is Elaine, the cook??? :eek:

BTW, later this month I am going to my Delta Kappa Gamma Convention again. Will have a speaking part again, too. This time it is for a different committee than last time. Wish you guys could be there to be my cheerleaders! :clap: :clap: :angel:

Have to get busy with my PP this month, but, I have been known to work on them at the Conventions.

I found some clown messing around in the kitchen, so it looks like we will have a cake after all, so, I am eating the candy kiss!! :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2014/146894-clown-with-cake.gif

Charlie's Mum
06-04-2014, 07:10 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2014/30494-22382-mad_scientist.gif ..... look what our mad scientist left us .....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2014/30494-choc_bics_etc.gif ............http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2014/30494-Choc_smilie.gif ......... and to wash 'em down .....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2014/30494-drinking-red-wine.gif

Thanks Carol ;);):lol:

Shirl Parker
06-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Carol, of course its unlikely, as it has not happened in more than 30 years. That's what makes it so exciting.

Raymo
06-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Yeah, dingo girl, quit being so negative.

A big hello to my girlfriend Meggsy !

Antiqueteacher
06-05-2014, 11:47 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2014/146894-125378-SneakAttack.gif

QUICK, hide the food. . .Raymo is here!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wave: :wave:

Katherine :music: :music:

Lady Carol
06-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Yeah, dingo girl, quit being so negative.
Just being realistic.

WFMartin
06-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Two years ago, a friend gave us one of those roll-out mats that are full of seeds of various kinds of flowers. We unrolled it, watered it, and got a few unremarkable flowers the first year. However, THIS year we were treated to some of the most beautiful, yellow flowers, even though it took 2 years to blossom.

It took a while to track down via the internet just what those flowers are. They only seem to bloom at night, and if we catch them early enough in the morning, we manage to witness the blooms.

As near as we can tell, this is a common, night-blooming primrose. The plants in question are the ones on the tall stalks, clumped mostly near the right side of the photo.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2014/13079-Primrose_10.jpg

If this is something other than a night-blooming primrose, please let me know.:D

We also are not sure just what the daisy-shaped, yellow flowers with the dark centers, just to the center/left of the primroses are.. We planted the darker cannas in the back, near the house wall. They are not part of the roll-out, seed mat.

Charlie's Mum
06-05-2014, 06:25 PM
We call it Evening Primrose here and its oil is used as a supplement for keeping the body 'in balance' - it's beneficial.
The daisies look a bit like helianthemums and these come in different sizes and orange/yellow/copper colours.

WFMartin
06-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Thank you, Maureen. That's interesting to know.

Vivien Maloney
06-06-2014, 03:10 AM
Yes, I agree with Maureen, thats what they both are alright.

Lady Carol
06-06-2014, 12:29 PM
We also are not sure just what the daisy-shaped, yellow flowers with the dark centers. We call them Black eyed Susans. They are a gorgeous long lived flower.

I am glad you had success with the mat. I did not. But then it was given to me the year after it had spent the summer in a barn and the seeds were probably cooked. I had a couple of sprouts but nothing great. I have moved on from it and the garden is now well planted with other things.

meggs
06-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Gidday Raymo, long time no see..... How they hanging...:lol:

(common aussie greeting from back blocks)

Hello to all my "Lady" Ladies.

Im stuck on wireless here waiting for my broadband to be connected.. Its Woeful, honestly can make a coffee, while waiting for a page to load.
Im back into house dressing again, revamping my downstairs outdoor room. Of course it needs another painting so revamping old canvas, 1200x1m. I love backgrounds on large canvas's. Throw the colour on and blend, sponge and generally get into a right mess until I get what I want..... What fun:lol:

I still dont have a voice. finished antibiotics 2 days ago and going backwards. Throat is so sore I cant even swallow let alone eat. Will have to be a trip into the afterhour medical this arvo I think. Im really concerned I may not be able to return to work, this has knocked the stuffing out of me. I lost my voice on the 26th May..... Has anyone ever had Laryngitis that long, Im getting a bit concerned.

This bug is rife here, you walk around the Village and all you can hear is people coughing.

Catch you all later, hopefully on Broadband :wave:

Charlie's Mum
06-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Sorry you're still feeling so b*****y Meryl and hope they can sort it soo - but I think it willbe Nature who does it!:)

I once lost my voice, totally, for over two weeks - happened suddenly one afternoon - started croaking an within a couple of hours, nothing!
BUT, I didn't have a sore throat, which was a bonus!

Hope you're using Manuka honey - it's really good for easing the soreness and has healing properties too.

Raymo
06-09-2014, 01:13 PM
How they hanging...:lol

A heavy burden to bear but I'm doing fine...:heart: ...hope you get to feeling better kangaroo girl !

Raymo
06-09-2014, 01:15 PM
.....and yes, Katherine, I'm gwine eat everthing you girls put out.

Antiqueteacher
06-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Meryl, gf, you have had a time of the illnesses. . .:confused: , but, it can only get better for you!!! See, you are still walking!! :thumbsup: Computers. . .:confused: Who knows what to think of them!! :lol: Hang in there and get some honey. . .Maureen knows best, you know!! :)

Raymo, we will not cook until you bring in your fair share of the foods that we certainly do not need, but love!! :lol: Why don't you join in on the Plant Parade this month. . .it ought to be fun to see you and Blue painting and earning your keep on Floral!! :clap: :clap:

Marion, I have mine drawn off. . .now, what??:confused: :cat:

Hugs, Peeps, Katherine :music: :music:

meggs
06-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.... got back to the Dr yesterday, just a turn of Bronchitis and a badly ulcerated throat and infection... On the heavy hitters now, so hope to be back to normal soon.. Great for weightloss, its soup soup soup lol:lol:

robertsloan2
06-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Honey's good, soup's good, take care of yourself with all that. Sounds awful!

I went in on Monday for my shot, and naturally went out to the hospital's Memory Garden. This time there weren't many roses but every bloom was gorgeous. Weird combination of lots of plants with buds and no blooms and a very few beautiful roses.

So I got photos with my new Kindle camera and here's four of them!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2014/70184-Ari_Floor_Flop_Post.jpg
Sleepy boy doing a good impression of a speed bump. Not a plant but you can still draw him or paint him if you want. This is what Ari's been doing lately, when not giving the Song of the Rowdy Cat and banging off the walls like a little kitten.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2014/70184-Rose_Pink-Cream_Post.jpg
Lovely pink and creamy white rose, good colors on this one!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2014/70184-Rose_Lavender_Post.jpg
Lavender rose with a beautiful form, again true color.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2014/70184-Rose_Red-Yellow_Post.jpg
Two red and yellow roses that were hard to get into the same photo. Plenty of nice foliage too, thus the squareish crop.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2014/70184-Rose_Pink-Yellow_Post.jpg
Pink and yellow rose, very dramatic, best of the bunch in my view. Best for last. Enjoy! Please feel free to use these as if posted to RIL.

Antiqueteacher
06-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Robert, thank you for these beautiful Roses and the, shhhhhh, sleeping cat! If our cats are asleep, they are not getting into things, so that is nice, too! :lol:

What a thoughtful gift for us!! Thanks!!

Vivien Maloney
06-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Meryl - I hope you are feeling a little bit better by now? I don't think Ive ever lost my voice (much to my husband's dismay!:lol:) Sounds horrible, look after yourself girl. :grouphug:

Robert - lovely photos! I see Ari's doing his usual artistic impression....hes such a lovely cat.

meggs
06-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Hey Robert, I havent seen you for ages...:wave: These photos are magnificent, Thanks for sharing, great detail in the shots.

I have a glimmer of a voice back, now if Im not called on to talk much I might be able to keep it.
I finally have my broadband connected again, talk about a drama. Have you ever tried to use a Telephone automated Prompter service, when you cant talk. I fairly had to hold the speaker to my mouth and shout with my hand cupped beside my mouth to get it to give me the right connection.

Then our illustrious national telephone provider tried to slug me a $299 new line connection fee when I already had a fuctional live line. I cant work out if this mob just had idiots manning its desks or are just plain crooks, hoping to get away with it.
Ohhh well Im connected...... YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Im off to spend some quality time with my eldest daughter and family this weekend. Even though she only lives 120 km from me, with both her and myself workiing and childrens weekend sporting fixtures, I have to make an appointment to spend the day with her. Looking forward to just hanging out with her doing whatever, its been so long.

meggs
06-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Hey where is everyone :eek:
i had a lovely time with my daughter, went to lunch with Karen and her hubby at the local surf club... Awesome sitting looking out to sea and watching a pod of whales breaching in the distance..

I know everyone is soppy about Koala's...thought you might enjoy this.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2014/200778-Bear_Pair.jpg

Charlie's Mum
06-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Robert - thanks for the roses!:)

Meryl - hope you're well again by now - lovely pic of the koalas - hope you're adding them to the RIL!

I'm trying to get gardening done in the couple of days we're at home - the weeds don't stop growing! I'm sure that when we're away, they have a field-day!
Must go a water a few new plants and fill the bird baths for my feathered friends!
One of my honeysuckles was a mass of buds but looking at them today, some bug or other has devoured/stripped them :( I'll have to find out what /who is the culprit and see if there's an organic something I can use!
Also found one of my roses looking great in the bloom department but sick in the leaves! Something missing from the soil somewhere perhaps? I fed it last week but maybe it needs more!

Going back to Yorkshire Dales for a few days and hope my mobile WiFi works this time - fingers crossed! :wave:

meggs
06-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi Mum and All...
nope Mum still havent got voice back. My son in law was calling me Selma on the weekend, cause what i have sounds like one of the Sisters in the Simpsons.
Glad you translated my post in PP. Check out whats on your easle, I just posted my latest project for the house and Im really pleased with how its going.

Hey stir this mob up we cant lose our greenie room because of lack of use. Cheers All

Lady Carol
06-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Hey stir this mob up we cant lose our greenie room because of lack of use. Cheers All
That won't happen now you are back.

Charlie's Mum
06-17-2014, 05:36 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlie's Mum
06-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Meryl - went to peep - it's good! Great depth in the flowers, particularly the left one :thumbsup:

meggs
06-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Ummmm Carol ...... is that a nice way of saying I talk to much...:lol::lol:

PattiLou
06-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Found some wild Iris when we were exploring around Skagway, Alaska...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2014/125378-IMG_0305w_AK_Skagway_WildIris.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2014/125378-IMG_0306w_AK_Skagway_WildIris.jpg

There were hundreds of them getting ready to bloom, I could see buds everywhere!

Aren't they pretty?

Antiqueteacher
06-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Koalas and Irises, what a wonderful sight to see!! GF's, love the both!! :heart:

Meryl, sorry about the voice, but it will return. . .just rest it! When I would have no voice for school, the students were quieter. . .interesting!

Maureen, have fun on your adventure!! :thumbsup:

I am off tomorrow for our teacher's convention on the other side of Texas for me! Don't know if I will be able to paint, but in the years past, I would work on my PP there! Must get it like I want it to take with me! My friends are used to me doing that in the room at nights. This will be the fourth or fifth one that I have taken with me.

Has anyone heard from Elaine. . .Shirl???

Hello, Carol!! Are you totally out of school this summer?

Hugs, Peeps, :wave: :wave: :wave:

Shirl Parker
06-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Yes, I spoke with Elaine on Monday. She's hanging in there, going to dialysis. They're having trouble finding a place to live - things too expensive or too small.

Vivien Maloney
06-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Meryl - Awwww, cute and cuddly Koalas! Have you loaded this photo into the RIL? Im sure some of the members on Animal & Wildlife would love to paint them?

Patti - beautiful blue Irises!

Shirl - glad to hear Elaine is progressing.

Carole - hi there.

Katherine - enjoy the Convention. Im sure a wonderful Peony Rose will emerge from it!

Did anyone else have problems trying to do a "loose" Peony Rose? I really struggled with that one.

Well we are getting near Mid Winter's Day here in the South. And its always been celebrated by the "Polar Plunge", where crowds gather at the beach and rush into the freezing cold waters of The Great Southern Ocean. Then they rush out again.....more quickly than they went in! I used to go and watch when my sons were growing up (many years ago)...I even went in for a quick dip myself once....and believe me it was quick! They are all mad of course, but enjoy the free hot pie they are given when they come out....if their teeth arent chattering too much so they can eat it. Last year, it was snowing on the day, and the most people ever turned up! Good luck to them this year too (but I wont be joining them:eek: )

Charlie's Mum
06-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Thanks Shirl:)

Viv - that sounds like our Boxing Day dips here where they go swimming/plunging into the North Sea .... they probably do it for charity mostly! b Brave souls!!!

Enjoy the Convention Katherine - there must be some play time though? :D

Hoping to paint tomorrow - it's been lovely here today, sunny, still and HOT!

Your Mid Winter is our (real) start to Summer - longest day ........ doesn't time fly? It'll soon be spring for you Viv!!!! :D

Vivien Maloney
06-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes Maureen, it will be Spring more quickly than you think! Without giving too much away....check out July's Plant Parade when July begins. :angel:

meggs
06-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Yea Gads you Pair, I cant believe what I read.... People do this for FUN...

On the farm I once had to jump into a flooded drain to clear a flood gate. I couldnt believe how cold the water was or how long it took for me to get warm after...NOT my idea of FUN.

Mum I truly hope you get some summer this year, after experiencing SPRING,you deserve it.

Poor Elaine, my heart goes out to her and hubby. She has had such a long road and to go thru resettling at this time is such a strain... Shirl please give her my regards when your in touch.... like everyone else I so miss her and her wonderful personality.

Im off to the Shrinks again today.... I stopped one of my meds in England because after 9 years I just couldnt take the side affect of an insatiable thirst any longer.
Ive been "fasttracked" to have my medications re evaluated and reset. I never noticed, just thought I was getting older, but although I have been so stable the last 9 years, its been a long time since I have felt any sense of anticipation or excitement.. Everything is rather "ho Hum"

My friends in England not having seen me for 3 years though really noticed the difference. I spoke to the Shrink last time about it and it seems I have been over-medicated....

Being content is nice, but a little zing in life would be nice. Heres hoping :thumbsup:

so far only hard part is I have been ordered to be in bed by 11pm :eek:

Mum you know what a Night Owl I am...:lol:

Vivien Maloney
06-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Meryl - I do hope they get your meds sorted out.:thumbsup:
Yep, they do the Mid-Winter's Swim thing for FUN here in the southern part of the world...and also in the northern part as well, from what Maureen says.
It's a big thing here in the far south....part of growing up, I guess! :rolleyes:
It's like challenging yourself to see if you can do it and be brave...the same as Bungy Jumping...I could never bring myself to Bungy jump, but watched my sons with my heart in my mouth, over the river, near Queenstown. Lots of celebrities come here to bungy jump....Billy Connelly bungy jumped naked and apparently enjoyed the experience....the mind boggles!!!!:eek:

meggs
06-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Viv ...If I bunjied, pity the poor buggar below me...:lol::lol::lol: Anyone got an umbrella!!!!

bluefish
06-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Meggs.....know the excitment you need.....:D

a new sable watercolor brush!......what were you thinking?.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vivien Maloney
06-19-2014, 03:36 PM
:thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlie's Mum
06-19-2014, 05:43 PM
:lol::lol: :lol: .... also at the thought of Connolly jumping naked ... eyuk!

Meryl, early to bed send then you can get up early and be a lark instead of an owl!!!

justjean
06-19-2014, 05:50 PM
They do the dip here also and there is always a few feet of snow on the ground and below freezing temps, never been tempted myself tho :D

meggs
06-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Mum dont work that way. went to bed 3am.up before 7... downing my first cup.

Blue, gave that up years ago...... health hazard... to bank account!

NOW WHAT WERE YOU THINKING :evil::evil::evil::lol:

bluefish
06-20-2014, 07:03 AM
Meggs.....you read my mind!.....:heart: :heart: :heart: :smug:

meggs
06-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Blue you crack me up :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Vivien Maloney
06-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Mid-Winters day here today, and a real miserable cold day it is too!

On a lighter note, a bit of trivia for you....I've just heard on the radio, that The Beattles arrived in New Zealand to give a concert here 50 years ago today! And the worst thing is - I remember them being here! My goodness that ages me doesn't it! lol:lol: :lol:

meggs
06-21-2014, 01:24 AM
You and me both Viv, however I had just entered my teenage years....:angel::lol:

Vivien Maloney
06-21-2014, 03:30 AM
Meryl - I was 20years and was just married! What was I thinking!
No, only joking guys as I'm still married 50years later! Where did those years go? :confused: :lol:

bluefish
06-21-2014, 07:57 AM
who were the 'Beetles'?.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

WOW.....50 years ago, and you can still remember that?....:D

thought I've been conversing with a group of 'young swingers' in here....stop all that 50 year stuff, I know you are just kidding.....:thumbsup: :angel: :rolleyes:

blue....:wave:

justjean
06-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Here's a pic I took of them 20 years ago in London England in 1994

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jun-2014/36920-beatles_sm.jpg

at the wax museum :D

Charlie's Mum
06-21-2014, 12:09 PM
I thought they looked young Jean!:lol:

Their music's still good - but I wish Paul would stop performing in public now - so disappointing when he sang at the Queen's Jubilee Concert in 2012.
Would rather remember him back when ...........!:lol:

bluefish
06-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Ah Maureen.....don't spoil it for me.....those other 'girls' can talk about the 'good old days' , but not you!:clap:

'blue....:angel:

meggs
06-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Im probably going to get shot for this, but I hated the Beatles... The day they released their first song, good old rock and roll died. All this screaming and long hair and Yeah Yeah yeah, ruined good melody and words and its gone downhill ever since.....

I have just posted the Completed Hibiscus in Acrylics... Im really proud of this one... Cant wait to lacquer tomorrow and hang in my nearly completed outdoor room.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jun-2014/200778-outdoor_room_001.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jun-2014/200778-outdoor_room_003.JPG

justjean
06-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Yep Maureen when one reaches a certain age they should stay off of tv, etc. :lol:

Vivien Maloney
06-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Ah my yes....those good old days, when were they? I'm too old to remember!? Im only kidding, :lol: but I do agree about very old pop stars....sooner remember them when they were young and their voices were golden :thumbsup:

Meryl, I like your outdoor room very much! Looks great, youve done a great job there! Ive checked out your Acrylic Hibiscus....beautiful work and it will look stunning in you new room.:thumbsup:

Charlie's Mum
06-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Ah Meryl, the Beatles were noted for being tidy and well groomed! They also did write some really good music and lyrics ..... even though, for me, they'd never replace Sinatra, Bennett, Jack Jones and Streisand!!!

The outdoor room looks good .... what happens if you get storms?...... I know, you don't get 'em eh? :lol:

Ah 'blue, I am but a young slip of a girl;) ;) ;)

bluefish
06-21-2014, 06:07 PM
are you sure the 'young girl' didn't SLIP into maturity!:lol:

but I love your vocalist selection...all my favorites...shall we dance?.....:angel:

bluefish
06-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Meggs....how are you going to keep it dry in there?.....I hope all that furniture is weather proof....lovely but?.....

meggs
06-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Mum and Blue... never fear....:thumbsup: The room may look open but it is totally weather proof. The lattice is covered with a weatherproof fabric and the lighted portion of the roof is Fiberglass sheeting, only thing I have to be afraid of is a Hailstorm.. :crossfingers:

Pride of place... Moved table and chairs to another section and replaced with water feature... off now to buy a plant to replace the red on the coffee table..... This is also my Art room. Im a happy chappy. :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jun-2014/200778-outdoor_room_003.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jun-2014/200778-outdoor_room_004.JPG

justjean
06-21-2014, 10:37 PM
WOW meggs that flower painting is a beauty and your art room looks terrific :thumbsup:

Vivien Maloney
06-22-2014, 01:44 AM
I love your Artroom/Outdoor Room!!! I want one!!:envy:

bluefish
06-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Meggs.....the room is as lovely as you are.....just a few observations...

-the area over the floral picture, that lattice is open, no covering....the torrential rain will flood the place...????

also the roof area over the waterfall picture looks like fabric....will that hold a heavy rain????

just concerned for your lovely studio....

Also.....is there any air exchange ?......could get very hot in there in the summer months.....???? and very cold in the winter months???? and with the doors open, how do you control the bugs????

meggs
06-22-2014, 10:08 AM
oh Blue your so sweet, worrying about mine.... The area over the floral .. had some torrential rain since I have been here and never yet had rain come in there... :crossfingers: Also I have painted the back of the floral to protect painting.

The area over the Landscape , yes it is material... We call it Shade cloth. I put that up there to cut the heat as above is fiberglass sheeting. Lets the light in but not the weather. The benefit of the shade cloth is also it has a tight weave so keeps bugs out.
As for heat, well in summer every where is HOT, as i paint at night it doesnt worry me.. As to Winter, well if i close both the doors to the room, its surprising warm also have a room heater.

After 9 months here, my main danger is an over flowing gutter, so Im having another downpipe installed to take care of that.. The rest is in the lap of the gods. BTW, I dont get many bugs here as they fog the park to keep the mosquitoes and midges down. in Australia our mossies can give you some nasty virus's, not malaria, worse actually, so they run around with misting machine every month.

Charlie's Mum
06-22-2014, 05:10 PM
Looks superb Meryl :thumbsup:

(It would be nice to live in a warm-enough climate to justify an outdoor room! :envy:)

Vivien Maloney
06-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Yes Maureen I think so too - how lovely would that be! Maybe at the top of the North Island but down here in the deep South, not an option.:envy:

Lea51
06-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Wow! What a cool place to paint! I don't think such an outdoor space would work where I live...but I'm glad to hear you've got the bugs under control. That would be my main issue with painting outdoors...

meggs
06-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Lea its not really an outdoor room, its completely enclosed and weatherproof unless we have extreme weather. With the lattice and the fibreglass portion of the ceiling it just gives the feeling of being outdoors.

Blues concern set me to thinking... fortunately, if needed the carpet can be taken up if, and Blue, you'll be glad to know I have backed both paintings with a product we have over here called "Corflute". Its what they make exterior signs on. Easily stapled to the back of the frame... :wave:

Antiqueteacher
06-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Meryl, love your outdoor room!! As usual, your taste is superb!! See our baby girl on the porch, too! Love your paintings, especially the hbs!!

GF's, back from my Convention and had a great time!! It was so much fun and we learned a lot!! I had to give a committee report to a mass, but they are just big 'kids', so no problem and I enjoyed it! :thumbsup: Did not take my art this Summer, but will next next year to dear old San Antonio, Texas! :wave: Love being with our teacher friends!! :heart:

Viv is teasing us. . .come on, tell us what we will be painting next time!! We have a holiday in the States. . .the 4th of July, so we will be busy with that. . .:angel: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cat: (Is she bending???)

Hugs, Peeps!!

bluefish
06-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Katherine....San Antonio will be so neat for you....the Alamo and River Walk are delightful....spent a lot of time down there...on my white horse and my friend Tonto!......:D

bluefish
06-28-2014, 06:13 PM
if I was Viv, I'd give you all a real challenge.....paint 'WEEDS!'......:clap: :clap:

meggs
06-28-2014, 07:52 PM
if I was Viv, I'd give you all a real challenge.....paint 'WEEDS!'......:clap: :clap:

Oi Blue, been there and done that... Got the Tshirt..:lol:

However weeds are pretty, nice to see ya Old Mate :wave:

bluefish
06-29-2014, 06:59 AM
watch that 'old mate'....it's one 'spring chicken' talking with another 'spring chicken'.....Oy Vah!.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

meggs
06-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Buggar the Spring chicken Blue, Id much prefer to be an Old Boiler, can get away with a lot more:lol: Guess that makes your an old rooster...." Cock a doodle do..".:evil:...:lol:Z

Charlie's Mum
06-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Oh Blue - at last I've discovered who the Lone Ranger is!:lol:

bluefish
06-29-2014, 08:31 PM
Maureen....and a 'silver bullet' also....love your comment....:D

Antiqueteacher
06-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Blue, they let you out of Jersey? Was it in the 100 degrees (F) in Texas? If not, you must try again in August!! :lol: :lol: Although, I think Elaine has helped us a bit because it has been cooler since she moved here! We have had rain and in the 80's lately. That is a cool 'spell' for Texas this time of the year!!
Have been to SA many times, Blue, but you and Tonto must have been chasing the bad guys because I did not see you!! :clear: :clear:

Meryl, I agree, I had rather be this age than younger because after 40, I got bolder!! When I call a company to talk about their products, I always ask for the President of the Company. . .boy, that gets them moving!! :lol: (Also, I taught Junior High kids for enough years that I am afraid of nothing!! :rolleyes: :cool: )

Maureen, our job is not to give away Blue. . .they might just lock him up! :lol:

Hugs, Peeps!!

meggs
06-30-2014, 05:51 AM
Forty must be the age Teach,I know I have enjoyed life more since then... I became more honest with myself, and others, and less concerned about what others might think.

I can remember an acquaintance once having a go at me for my "outrageous" (her words not mine) behaviour. Before 40 I would have shriveled at the criticism.
Instead she got the reply, "Im sorry you feel that way, however you dont pay my bills, keep food in my mouth or a roof over my head, so your opinion is really unimportant to me. At 40 I had worked out who I was and what values were really important to me in life, Not what society said I should value.

bluefish
06-30-2014, 07:22 AM
40 was impressive to me also......40-20-34.....:smug: :lol:

spent a lot of time in SA....Katherine, you could have bought lunch at the River Walk...:D .....even chaired a International Convention in SA...home of a huge technical complex doing research for NASA and all major corporations....:thumbsup:

meggs
06-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Wow ... Our Blue is a big bug, who'd of thunk it....:evil:. :thumbsup: :lol::lol:

Lovs Ya Blue :heart:

bluefish
06-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Meggs.....just a 'little' mosquitoe looking to pinch something sweet......:rolleyes:

:heart: ...'blue....:)

meggs
06-30-2014, 09:58 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

justjean
06-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Hope you gals are all enjoying the 40s :D

PattiLou
06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
The 40's were pretty good, that's when I was born.:D :evil: :lol:

Antiqueteacher
06-30-2014, 01:47 PM
Blue, you should have called me, I would have come to see you work!!! :thumbsup:

Mmmm. . .if today is the 1st in NZ and Australia. . .wonder where the new challenge is, Viv? :angel: :rolleyes:

My rotation to teach Sunday School this month, so will have to spend time getting my materials together. It really takes most of the week to get ready and tons of papers run off. I have two other teachers and our class is amazed at how much work it is, but, a labor of love to share with them. :heart: :heart:

bluefish
06-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Katherine....it would have had to be June, July or August, while we were arduously working while you were on Holiday!.....or a snow day!....:lol: :lol: :lol:

PattiLou
07-01-2014, 12:58 AM
Found a few wildflower pretties while taking Buttons for a walk this afternoon.
First two... Lupine
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2014/125378-12.30.13w_AK_TrapperCreek_Lupine.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2014/125378-12.32.42w_AK_TrapperCreek_Lupine.jpg

next... Wild Geranium
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2014/125378-12.34.42w_AK_TrapperCreek_Geranium.jpg

and Daisies. The daisy was twisted around another plant so the leaves are not from the daisy.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2014/125378-12.31.15w_AK_TrapperCreek_Daisy.jpg

Love to find little surprises in the woods/campground.

Antiqueteacher
07-01-2014, 03:45 AM
Patti, I love surprises, too! Love the Daisies hugging each other!! :clap: :clap: