PDA

View Full Version : First digital

Anfair
05-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Would love c and c as this is my first time with digital I downloaded inkist for free to my iPad tonight and had lots of fun doing this imaginary southwest pic
Anne
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2014/1745766-image.jpg

Elainepsq
05-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of digital art!
You've got a great start on this southwest scene. I just have a few suggestions as long as you've asked.
First, I'd suggest zooming in to the base of each of the cacti, so yo can get the shadow to meet the bottom of each cacti.
Secondly, I'd think a little about aerial perspective. Colors get a little less intense and cooler as they get further away from us. Making the sand a little less intense (a little lighter or grayer) in the background as it meets the mountains, and I'd also make the purple mountains a little less intense. It will help them to stay in the background.
However, this is a great beginning. I'm not familiar with inkiest, does it let you paint on layers? If so, I'd suggest you do that, because it will be so much easier to work on the mountain again if it is on a different layer.
Painting on layers is a little bit of "thinking differently" but many of can help you with that if you app is capable of it.
Good luck with your painting!

Anfair
05-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks Elaine not sure about layers but I will go explore directions haha
Anne

b'anna
05-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Great start! looking forward to seeing more digital from you!

LavenderFrost
05-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Very nice scene. Elaine has given good advice already. Another thing I would consider is that we are looking at the sun so I think shadows would be coming straight toward us.

Anfair
05-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Great points kinda forgot all the normal rules re shading etc got way too focus on just doing digital haha
Anne

123harry
05-31-2014, 03:54 AM
Looks like you had fun, upbeat and lively. The cacti seem to have a life of their own!