PDA

View Full Version : sunflowers closeup

RamyaSarvesh
05-20-2014, 01:37 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2014/1768970-SunflowersBig1.JPG

its Oil 16 * 20

querin
05-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Lovely sunflower,i think that adding a stem ,leaves would ground this,as it seems they are floating ,bringing up some of the .background color over some of the petals at the bottom to avoid the cut out look.,as they would be in shadow.
Querin

RamyaSarvesh
05-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks for your suggestion Querin,Since the branches / leaves were behind and this is a shot of the flower from front couldnt paint that,will keep it in mind for my next sunflower

Vivien Maloney
05-22-2014, 01:52 AM
The flowers are lovely. Although I like the complementary blue color they are resting on, they do seem to need something else - leaves or some sort of foliage maybe?

Charlie's Mum
05-22-2014, 08:27 AM
The colour is great for the flowers and their shapes are good too - but Querin is right, the flowers need some context - like suggestions of leaves/stems/further flowers in the shadows etc.

Try not to be governed by the reference - it's there as a guide only - think 'artistry' and allow areas to recede into shadow - hence the softening of further away edges ...... you create more depth and interest that way.:)

I keep asking you this - but please state size, medium, support along with the image (and any other info you'd like to give us) when posting :)

RamyaSarvesh
05-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Hi Maureen,

Thanks for your suggestion,its Oil 16 * 20...bought some sunflowers and wanted to paint them

MSRivers
05-26-2014, 01:35 AM
Although I am certainly no expert, you are off to a great start. I agree with the other comments.

Lea51
05-27-2014, 02:57 PM
I agree also...I think what Querin meant about bringing the background color up over the edges of the flower is that if you soften the edges by mixing the flower color and the background color right there at the edge, the flower will look more in-situ, rather than pasted on. And the faint suggestion of some foliage and stems at the bottom right and above the flowers (dark green on dark background, so they wouldn't stand out) would also provide some grounding...

PaintingMum
06-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Lovely colours!

JELLYBEAD
06-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Agree with the others that by adding a stem and defining some leaves it would ground the flowers so that they don't appear to be floating in the air. Softening the edges closest to the background color to avoid the cut out look. I like the flowers themselves so wouldn't change them.

bhavani.krishnan
06-06-2014, 02:58 PM
You have some good suggestions. I think your flowers are well painted and have good shape and form. For some reason I am not able to respond to your yellow rose post. It hangs everytime I post a reply. Anyway I think that is a beautiful paintings as well.

RamyaSarvesh
06-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions on making it better ...I will post one more again soon with beautiful leaves,somehow painting leaves makes me nervous ha ha