PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Kahn ; concepts/using pastels

sketchZ1ol
05-18-2014, 04:13 PM
hello

http://www.artistsnetwork.com/articles/inspiration-creativity/abstract-expressionist-wolf-kahn-spontaneo

the reasoning is very dense , and perhaps influenced by an extension of Freudian analysis in the early 20th cent . and into visual imagery .

it is difficult to accept/understand the idea that what is painted is no more , or less , than what one sees ...

Ed

ps oh goodie , the link works --- if not , post that .

allydoodle
05-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Great read Ed, thanks for the link. His thought process is different, yet I can relate to it on some level. I enjoyed the article very much.

Still-trying
05-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Thank you Ed.

Judibelle
05-19-2014, 08:39 AM
Very Interesting, Ed. Thanks so much for the link.

chuas2
05-19-2014, 02:40 PM
Great article, and I LOVE "Brambles and Tangles." I haven't seen that painting before. Gorgeous!

robertsloan2
05-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Cool article! Thank you for posting it. I liked "Dark Clump of Trees" a little more but I did like "Brambles and Tangles" too. All of those paintings were so gorgeous and his view of color and experiment rocks.

It's not my way of painting but it's very cool. And that evening blue in Dark Clump of Trees has me fascinated with doing a nocturne.

keepingpure
05-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Very interesting read! Thank you for sharing it!

sketchZ1ol
05-21-2014, 05:12 PM
hello
thx for your posts ; Chris , Jay , JudiB , Kris , Rob ,
and you who i will nickname ' Kip ' ( okay ? )
and everyone who has looked in :) .

the connection between paintings in an ' era ' / ' movement ' , and
social , political , nationalistic , philosophical ' , etc. constructions ' of their own context
hasn't mattered so much to me , rather , how was the painting/art done ,
but ,
' Culture ' has a lot of connections ... :rolleyes: , so ,
when something comes along that helps me understand the larger picture ,
it's hard to ignore ...

Kahn continues to present in a nearby gallery ...
- what would you want to discuss with him ? ...

Ed

Saskia
06-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Thank you for posting this. I didn't know he had macular degeneration. That makes me very sad.