PDA

View Full Version : Best studio easel to use with artists air filter?

wtunet
04-29-2014, 07:04 PM
I am interested in purchasing the artistsair filter system for my studio. The company is not sure it will work with the best delux lobo easel that I have. Anyone have experience with which easel works well with the system? I am not fond of the easel and would be happy to replace it if I knew that it would work well with the air filter system

*Deirdre*
04-30-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry you've not had an answer yet....but this may help, (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684951&highlight=artistsair+filter) and you could always try replying to it in the hope that one of the original participants has an answer for you!:)

wtunet
04-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks, I did look at that post first but it is a rather old one in the world of pastel now!! I contacted the company but they can't tell which easels work best and how well mine will do with the filter attached to it. But I really think I will need to buy a new easel to make it work well and curious to know if anyone had used this product and liked a specific easel for it.

*Deirdre*
04-30-2014, 07:18 PM
That post may have been old but many of the posters have posted this year so are still active...should you post to that old thread - one of them may see it and answer your question, here - if you leave a link!

julieindvik
10-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Thought I would revive this old thread since I have the same question.

Perhaps this Best University easel would work because of the flat small canvas shelf. Are any of you familiar with this easel? Other recommendations?

Barbara WC
10-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Have you checked the manufacture's website? http://www.artistsair.com/index.htm

They give some close up photos of the box and how it attaches to the easel. The box is 30" wide and 10" high, and attaches with a velcro strap. So it seems that any easel up to 30 " wide, remembering that the box would use up 10" of height on the front of the easel would work?

julieindvik
10-13-2014, 12:46 AM
Hi Barbara,

I didn't recognize the email on the website so I sent them an email. Kathleen responded that she uses the 04 Mabef with a crank. She thinks the Best University easel will work but thinks a crank is useful because of the weight of the collection box.

Thank you for the suggestion!

She also recommended this one...