PDA

View Full Version : Garden of the Gods - Artrage 2.6

Yikes_Scoobie
04-23-2014, 04:39 PM
Criticism Welcome... This is the first image that turned out any way presentable for me using Art Rage 2.6 that I acquired recently when I bought a Bamboo Tablet. It's based on an old photo I have of the Garden of the Gods in Colorado, USA. the tablet and Art Rage program are great for trying out ideas, I couldn't say that I've mastered them to my liking yet, although I'd say that about all my conventional art endeavors also :lol:
Anyway I totally see the potential in using this software for both paintings from scratch and touch-ups, and trying out ideas on scans/photos of my acrylics and watercolours.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2014/95828-Garden_of_the_Gods_Painting_Artrage_2.jpg

LavenderFrost
04-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Very nice. Digital can be very different from traditional media, but the things you learn in one can help in the other.

b'anna
04-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Great first digital painting. There is SO much you can do digitally and I personally find if very addicting! Looking forward to seeing more digital stuff.
Barb

Yikes_Scoobie
04-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks Michelle and Barb. Yeah I'll definitely be doing more with this medium. I'd hate for my PC to crash or the file get corrupted and loose the work so I must print this to a hard copy

dennylives1
04-27-2014, 08:12 AM
excellent first painting. I use artrage4. sometimes starting with an original acrylic painting of my own then use filters, brushes and more to recreate a new painting.
please do more digital art. I like the composition and final product.

Yikes_Scoobie
04-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Thanks Denny, not my very first attempt in Artrage but the first that I felt was a success for me rather than a failed experiment. Yeah Artrage has me hooked, I'm also like you trying out the software to tweak some of my watercolours and acrylics. This was a full digital attempt though.