PDA

View Full Version : 3d abstract

saje
04-19-2014, 09:33 AM
"ladder perspective" plaster, iron oxide, sticks and welding rods 10"x7"x11"

true to abstraction? different vein of 3d abstraction? comments, questions appreciated

saje
04-19-2014, 09:36 AM
hidden aside the abstraction some emotive reality. can the two exist expressing with the other?

saje
04-19-2014, 09:43 AM
I was driving on 495 around DC and came up behind a gas delivery tanker. they had applied on the sides and back a life sized decal of a gorilla in the jungle. now, the problem that had meaning was the ladder on the back of the truck. this ladder is used to climb on the top of the tanker. What this was is a propogandic attempt to appear "natural". what the ladder actually did was become a jail for the gorilla on the back of the truck. the ladder was the death of freedom. this is the true symbolism of the gas industry. they said this, I just read it correctly.

the ladder is symbolic of progress, climbing to greater things but is also a symbol of incarceration.

to the gorilla's in each of us! free your soul!

laf.art
04-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Wow, this is a stunning piece - it quite rose the hairs on the back of my arms

Hairy wolf
04-19-2014, 01:22 PM
You are one talented and original artist!!

davefriend
04-19-2014, 01:56 PM
I have looked at this a couple of times so far saje and find it very intriguing. My immediate reaction to my second look centers on the ladder. The thought flashed at me saying that ladders provide access to some but imprison and trap others. This probably doesn't hit the mark your want conveyed but it seemed important to point it out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

saje
04-19-2014, 03:03 PM
LAF, there is no better an emotive touch of art than a chill. you are there to be available to feel, thanks to you!

Hairy as to you and your talent and originality, we all stimulate each other forward, do we not, thanks

Dave, you are exactly correct. that is the interpretation that dawned on me while behind the truck. the needs of humanity to continuously progress also becomes the "imprison and trap" for others- non-human as also human. the ladder of success has another side to it.

dennylives1
04-19-2014, 05:44 PM
excellent. i love it

saje
04-20-2014, 09:27 AM
thanks dennylives

Ishka Baha
04-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Locked in among the rungs of life. A circumstance of silent trance of life's uncertainty. It's beautiful, Saje.

ChristyQ
04-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Oh my gosh! I have no idea what is going on, but I love it! This is a fantastic piece!

Spottters
04-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Wonderful