PDA

View Full Version : all is not lost

RuthT
06-28-2001, 12:38 PM
hi fellow members,
I had finished a painting of water lilies and was not happy with it. My teacher (a wonderful watercolour artist) pointed out that there was a painting within the painting that I could salvage. After looking at it, I discovered another painting within the main one too.I am going to try to post the complete one, then leave you and cut the two interior paintings out and post them later. The original watercolour is on a 10"x7" arches block
Having no success with posting painting. Back to the drawing board!!!!! Hope to finish this later.

RuthT
06-28-2001, 12:51 PM
I think there is a little gremlin inside the uploader who likes to fool new posters. The first time it fooled me into attaching the image twice. This time it did not show the image, and I thought it had not taken. Popped in to see if the message had take and there the image was.
Will now go to cut the painting up.

Javier
06-28-2001, 03:09 PM
RuthT,

Hope you are going to post the parts here on this thread -- it will be easier to follow that way. And I am excited to see what you are going to do.

Thanks.

Oh, BTW, the image just loads slow for some reason -- not a problem.

j

MissMouse
06-28-2001, 10:11 PM
Yes please post the pictures, I think I can see one of the smaller ones. It will be interesting to see if I picked right.

RuthT
06-29-2001, 03:26 PM
Here I am again. I've pressed control v and nothing seems to have happened. There should be two 'interior' paintings. The top one was picked out by my teacher, and the bottom one is my discovery. I must admit I prefer the top one, and am going to make a notelet of it. My Adobe program has this facility and I've been thinking of it for a while, but never paint anything to make a notelet of. I am going to post this and hope the picture appears. If not, I will try just the picture again. Keeping my fingers crossed!

RuthT
06-29-2001, 03:31 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jun-2001/waterlilywc2.jpg

RuthT
06-29-2001, 03:36 PM
I'm finally getting as smart as the gremlin!!!
When I finally pressed the right button the IMG...was repeated 6 times. I pressed the button to send, then realized that would give 6 images - cancelled and erased 5 before sending. Have to get up early though to keep ahead of it :)

NorahT
06-29-2001, 03:41 PM
Hi Sis, Isn't that cosy - we are together on the forum list! Seriously, a lovely painting. I have been struggling with waterlilies for a couple of years now! Both "interiors" are nice, but I prefer the bottom one. You can put it in a frame for me if you like :angel:

RuthT
06-29-2001, 03:47 PM
* sorry a mistake and I don't now how to erase it:o

Javier
06-29-2001, 05:11 PM
Very nice, painting the paintings within a painting. I especially like the one with the single red flower.

Nice Work, The Best,

j

Rod
06-29-2001, 06:36 PM
Careful cropping quite often works to acheive a better result,
will be ideal for a notelet,
Rod.

RuthT
06-30-2001, 10:09 AM
Thank you Javier and Rod for your positive comments on my paintings. I am off to wrestle with Adobe now:)

olika
06-30-2001, 09:52 PM
When I read your original post about "cropping your picture... I tried to pick what pictures you had in mind and mine were completely different :) I will add one here and then post a new message with the other one since I don't know how to put two pics in here at once. I thought you might like to see what I chose *smile*

olika
06-30-2001, 09:54 PM
Here is the 2nd one I liked. I guess you could put a gadzillion different combinations together :)

RuthT
07-01-2001, 08:50 AM
Hi Olika,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me and pick out parts you could see as paintings. It was very interesting to see which you picked . I liked them both, but particularly the top one; I may use that to make my notelets of. My niece's birthday is coming up soon, and due to a sore throat, and smog alerts I had not been able to get out to buy a card for her. I was working on Adobe (without success so far) when I got the idea of making one of the paintings into a birthday card. So I have had a lot of fun and use out of my waterlilies so far.

Happy Canada Day to a fellow Canadian!

ameliajordan
07-02-2001, 04:53 PM
You have a very good painting. I like it as painted and also the cropped paintings. It's interesting to see how many ways this can be cropped and still read as a complete painting.