PDA

View Full Version : Getting more loose and going bigger

Inward Arts
04-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Well, after spinning my wheels on many smaller abstracts, I decided to change it up: Go bigger 22x28, use a different brush, think less, etc. Here is where I am so far. It is a WIP, but I think a few refinements is all it will need. The color is more purple than blue in the pic. It is some collage (underlayer), charcoal, but mostly acrylic.
I really LOVE encouraging and honest feedback. Im trying to grow and be ReALly GoOD someday! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2014/1239792-IMG_3162.JPG

birdhs
04-13-2014, 10:05 PM
it is with great preciseliness that the markity-makiting occurred.
round and over and under and round-by-round
thin blacknessed lines
on a sandy beach
all is well with this
ceptin' maybe the smudgededs of chalkel blue
way down on the lowest leftist
seems a bitter unfinished

Eraethil
04-14-2014, 04:33 AM
Hi Rachel,

I think you should continue with this approach. Well done.

Looking at it critically, the colour palette and cool-colour-dominance is very effective, the values in the piece are well proportioned, and the mark-making is interesting and varied, with an enjoyable rhythm.

Things you might think about for a future piece: The five dark valued passages are a little bit symmetrically arranged, which can give the work a less dynamic impression. Four of your oval shapes kiss the edges, bringing attention to the edge of the canvas that would be better pulled into the work.

Overall, it is quite a lovely painting that gives me a cheery feeling.

Inward Arts
04-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Thanks a ton birdhs & Eraethil! This has helped a ton...I also noticed that symmetry thing as I did it. and I also see the water/beach quality to it. Hopefully I'll post more soon -

abstractca
04-15-2014, 11:57 AM
great colors and they all just entwine, I like this look