PDA

View Full Version : Old blue barn

b'anna
04-11-2014, 08:52 PM
This was done in Corel painter. It started off as Watercolor to lay in some base color and then finished with Pastels. All comments and critiques are welcome and thank for looking
Barb

frayling
04-12-2014, 04:06 AM
Very nicely done barb I also like the colouring of the barn The only thing I find a bit confusing is where the slope of the roof meets the main barn, but that is only being picky by looking too closely.
regards Rob

Elainepsq
04-12-2014, 10:36 AM
At first glance Barb, I gotta say I love it, but after reading Rob's comment on the roof, I've to agree. That is a difficult place to figure out the perspective. The line where the roof meets the side of the barn should be parallel to the angle of the barn boards on the lower part of the barn. I'm thinking it should slope down more, however, since old barns settle and are all crocked anyway..... Maybe just a few streaks that follow the direction of the roof. Right now you have shadows that come straight down. Does that make sense, or would anyone like me to draw that out?

LavenderFrost
04-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Very nice!

b'anna
04-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I see what you mean about the shadows, if you mean from the barn wall to the roof. I'll have to work on that. I confused about the barn roof. I know what you mean but it might be the angle because the roof angle does match up with the barn wall but only the right most part of the barn wall. I'll have to study it and see what I come up with. THANKS again!
Barb

Lucy-Foote
04-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Very nice Barb. Old barns had attached sheds to them like you have done. Also the wood goes across and horizontal on some. :)

Lucy